Tickets for Germany - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Tickets for Germany

Daddymac1888

Hi all

joined the Scotland supporters club a couple of years only been to home games (me and my wee boy both members of the supporters club have 5 loyal points each)

Does anyone have any idea (good guess) do we have any chance of getting any tickets for Germany (any of the Scotland group games) through official channels or is it no chance. I appreciate any help.

been quoted 7300 for hotels and tickets and transport to games (no flights) from a 3rd party (world of discovery) crazy money I think or is this the going rate. Has anyone ever used this company before ?

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Out of curiosity I had a look at world of discovery website. Reading what you get for your money, I would be careful to ensure that it includes tickets to the game if you decided to go down this route. When you actually read what is included it only talks about hotels and transport and the closest I can see to mention of tickets is:

Tickets

Our manager will assist you with all details to ensure you can get to the games.

Much cheaper/better to organise your own hotels and go into the public ballot. 

Thanks guys they have gtd tickets at a cost of 1150-1800 per person depending on category of games so it’s 2470 per person (hotels and transfers) plus 1150 (cheapest) for tickets so £3620 per head all in but I think I just go there and enjoy the atmosphere and if I get tickets it’s a bonus as this seems like greed to me.

p.s already in ballot 👍🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿

thanks for your help 👍

Just now, scottincarlisle said:

The best bet is to register on uefa.com. I did for 2016, applied for loads & got none though. I did select the cheapest tickets for games which were massively oversubscribed. Best bet to go for the next price level up & above. Did that for 2020 & got czech rep tickets.

Thanks mate that sound a good idea 👍 

Around 32% of tickets should be available to the football associations of qualified countries based on 2016 and 2020 so if we qualify we should get around 16% of the overall capacity for each match.

This is not exact and there could be differences depending on the stadium (I’m sure we got 16% for our games at Hampden and slightly less than that for the game at Wembley in 2021). 

If we assume we would get 16% for each game this would range from 6720 tickets for games in Leipzig (you would currently need 12 points to guarantee a ticket) to 11200 tickets for Berlin (11 points would be required to guarantee a ticket) so it’s fairly safe to say 5 points o would not be be enough. 

A lot of 12 and 11 pointers will likely only go to home games so I suspect people with fewer points will manage to get tickets via the Supporters Club but there are currently over 26000 members with 5 points or more so there’s pretty much no chance of it going down that low. 

I’d be applying for UEFA tickets in the ballot before I started throwing money like that around.  I got tickets for the Stade de France in 2016 and Hampden in 2020, probably for about 1 in 8 I applied for.  

If Scotland end up in Berlin or Dortmund there could be 10,000+ tickets for SSC so just try and get your points as high as you can between now and end of campaign and you never know. 

Each to their own, but I wouldnt be encouraging these websites. They cant guarantee tickets at this stage and are obviously charging over the odds. If you are in the UEFA ballot and a SSC member you have a decent chance of tickets and there will be fanzones with big screens to enjoy the games should be unlucky enough not to get a ticket from official sources. Nice quandry to have though for a change! Exciting times to be a Scotland fan!

2 hours ago, Toepoke said:

Other than Cat 3 that's crazy biscuits for a game of fitba.

German games are usually pretty decent value, I guess UEFA are pulling the strings here though.

Prices seem similar to Euro 2020. The expensive tickets are a rip off though no doubt about it. 

I think I paid €125 for at least one of our games at Hampden. 5 match package for our qualifiers and England game was cheaper than that I think. Crazy stuff. 

6 hours ago, Texas Pete said:

Around 32% of tickets should be available to the football associations of qualified countries based on 2016 and 2020 so if we qualify we should get around 16% of the overall capacity for each match.

This is not exact and there could be differences depending on the stadium (I’m sure we got 16% for our games at Hampden and slightly less than that for the game at Wembley in 2021). 

If we assume we would get 16% for each game this would range from 6720 tickets for games in Leipzig (you would currently need 12 points to guarantee a ticket) to 11200 tickets for Berlin (11 points would be required to guarantee a ticket) so it’s fairly safe to say 5 points o would not be be enough. 

A lot of 12 and 11 pointers will likely only go to home games so I suspect people with fewer points will manage to get tickets via the Supporters Club but there are currently over 26000 members with 5 points or more so there’s pretty much no chance of it going down that low. 

Thanks mate knew it was a long shot for tickets but thanks for the info/help 👍

9 hours ago, Daddymac1888 said:

Thanks guys they have gtd tickets at a cost of 1150-1800 per person depending on category of games so it’s 2470 per person (hotels and transfers) plus 1150 (cheapest) for tickets so £3620 per head all in but I think I just go there and enjoy the atmosphere and if I get tickets it’s a bonus as this seems like greed to me.

p.s already in ballot 👍🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿

thanks for your help 👍

What do you mean when you say you are already in the ballot? 

It isn’t opened yet. 

Edited by AlfieMoon

6 hours ago, Texas Pete said:

this is great info cheers... I'm currently on 10 but don't think it will go up much cause the older games will drop off etc and I never went to the Poland game... so it is gonna be borderline for me. Can't imagine many of the 38k aren't going to be trying for tickets. Although there will be 3 games I suppose so not like everyone will try for all 3

2 minutes ago, thesaint said:

I would be devastated if we didn't qualify from this position...but let's get there first.😗

Ach there’s no harm in getting excited and thinking ahead. It’s the people that have booked flights and hotels already that worry me. Jinxing bassas. 

Why you would want to do that when you don’t have the first clue where we’ll be playing is beyond me. 

34 minutes ago, Texas Pete said:

Ach there’s no harm in getting excited and thinking ahead. It’s the people that have booked flights and hotels already that worry me. Jinxing bassas. 

Why you would want to do that when you don’t have the first clue where we’ll be playing is beyond me. 

I agree with that .Germany is easy enough to get to and has great transport links.So you could even stay nearby and travel in to the games.Madness booking flights and hotels at this stage.No idea why anybody would wan't to do that.

18 minutes ago, thesaint said:

I agree with that .Germany is easy enough to get to and has great transport links.So you could even stay nearby and travel in to the games.Madness booking flights and hotels at this stage.No idea why anybody would wan't to do that.

It’s madness not to book hotels imo when you get free cancellation I booked a hotel In Düsseldorf for £2800 for 14 days now for same hotel it’s over £4000 I can only imagine what the price is going to be like if you wait to the draw done as for flights you can get it’s the same deal the early the cheaper but you do take a risk with the draw I have not booked my flight yet but I defo will be soon and if I get tickets (which I probably won’t I travel when I over there)

that’s the advantages of booking hotels and flights just now would defo not call it madness 😂

4 minutes ago, Ally Bongo said:

For those prices you could get a decent used campervan

Was just talking about that today it’s a something I thinking about 👍 and I just cancel hotels no harm done it’s just the drive there and back which is the negative 

4 minutes ago, Daddymac1888 said:

It’s madness not to book hotels imo when you get free cancellation I booked a hotel In Düsseldorf for £2800 for 14 days now for same hotel it’s over £4000 I can only imagine what the price is going to be like if you wait to the draw done as for flights you can get it’s the same deal the early the cheaper but you do take a risk with the draw I have not booked my flight yet but I defo will be soon and if I get tickets (which I probably won’t I travel when I over there)

that’s the advantages of booking hotels and flights just now would defo not call it madness 😂

If we qualify and our games are nowhere near Düsseldorf you’re going to have to either stay there and potentially travel huge distances for our games or cancel the hotel and book another one. 

Düsseldorf is about as far away from Berlin, Leipzig and Munich as London is from Glasgow. Fair play to you though, we are all different.

We’ll probably stay in the cities where we are playing on the night of the games and stay in places a good bit away from the host cities in between our games. Takes a bit of planning but that’s half the fun.