Norway v Scotland - match day thread - Page 7 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Norway v Scotland - match day thread

romanticscot

• Replies 339
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

4 minutes ago, Hertsscot said:

I just blank these games as I've been through the wringer too many times. We were out watering the garden when I heard a couple of shouts which I thought might be good news and so it turned out. Excellent result, roll on Tuesday.

same here lost all enthusiasm/impetus to travel  even for home games,although I was watering my sons garden in the BoW and periodically checked the lap top for updates

1 minute ago, Marky said:

You said we didn’t even deserve a draw. Utter bollocks. 

We hardly created a chance all night until the first goal(which we arguably didnt even create). I could maybe stretch to a draw but we really didnt deserve a victory.

If you have watched that game tonight and cant acknowledge the huge amount of luck we got then you need to put the pint down and take off the tartan specs. 

Theres nothing wrong with being lucky but at least acknowledge it.

55 minutes ago, biffer said:

Yeah, but how many times have we said that about goals against us?

We weren't great, but Norway were fucking shite.

For most of my life, other teams have done that to us. We now have a team that can do that to other people.

Exactly this!  So nice to be the ones doing it for a change 

7 minutes ago, mccaughey85 said:

We hardly created a chance all night until the first goal(which we arguably didnt even create). I could maybe stretch to a draw but we really didnt deserve a victory.

If you have watched that game tonight and cant acknowledge the huge amount of luck we got then you need to put the pint down and take off the tartan specs. 

Ffs, but if a team does that against us, in the same circumstances, it's all "You make your own luck", "it's all about putting the ball in the net".  Blah, blah.  But when we do it we're just plain lucky?

Edited by todd

15 minutes ago, davierobbsagod said:

same here lost all enthusiasm/impetus to travel  even for home games,although I was watering my sons garden in the BoW and periodically checked the lap top for updates

I'll travel for home games, I'll be there on Tuesday night. It's a whole lot easier and less expensive than when I was living in England. I'm just at the point where if the games not on the TV I'll not check what's going on until it's all over. It's just better for my mental health and general well-being 🙂

Edited by Hertsscot

44 minutes ago, Michael said:

I don't agree with view that we were lucky. It wasn't most free-flowung football ever, but performance roughly what I expected. A draw probably fair result on balance of play. Norway were hardly any better than us and did not create many chances despite higher possession. We defended well. Desire, belief, and poor defending from Norway won it for us in the end.

We were shit scared of a non existent Haaland, him going off and Gilmour coming turned the game. Gilmour change should have been made just after halftime, he came on and bossed midfield and gave us composure and a forward pass 👍

26 minutes ago, Hertsscot said:

I just blank these games as I've been through the wringer too many times. We were out watering the garden when I heard a couple of shouts which I thought might be good news and so it turned out. Excellent result, roll on Tuesday.

I really hope hampden is full of this kind of supporter on Tuesday 

10 minutes ago, todd said:

Ffs, but if a team does that against us, in the same circumstances, it's all "You make your own luck", "it's all about putting the ball in the net".  Blah, blah.  But when we do it we're just plain lucky?

If a team did that to us then i would call them lucky.

I havent said we were just plain lucky. Our second goal was well worked but i am able to acknowledge that we didnt deserve victory based on our performance tonight. Its delusional to think we deserved that and that we didnt have a huge bit of luck on our side.

The only other time Scotland's men won a match after trailing going into the final 10 minutes was a 3-2 victory over England at Kennington Oval in 1889.
Edited by Ally Bongo

3 minutes ago, mccaughey85 said:

If a team did that to us then i would call them lucky.

I havent said we were just plain lucky. Our second goal was well worked but i am able to acknowledge that we didnt deserve victory based on our performance tonight. Its delusional to think we deserved that and that we didnt have a huge bit of luck on our side.

It wasn't lucky. They might have been the better side over the piece, but we created those chances.

It wasn't a dodgy penalty (theirs was), it wasn't a bad refereeing decision (he was against us all night), and it wasn't an o.g. You need to check your definition of luck.

Winning a game where you weren't the best team isn't lucky, it's football. And it's why we watch it.

2 hours ago, Ally Bongo said:

Since i have been on this earth i have never known a Scotland National Team to win in those circumstances

Seen it often in club football but never with Scotland

Maybe it has never happened before at all

No doubt some statto will remind me of a forgotten friendly where it did - but i doubt it

It has always been defeat from the Jaws of Victory - not the other way round

1889 against England, and I'm not joking!

53 minutes ago, mccaughey85 said:

And yet we had 3 attempts on target to their 2.

2 minutes ago, Hertsscot said:

No, that's my rationale for going to games. Goodness knows the effect in the neighbours if I behaved like I do at Hampden! 

Mind you I'm sure I'm not the only one for whom that is true.

😂

Fantastic result against 12 men.  One of the worst referees I've ever seen in my life.  And then 6 fkin minutes of injury time FFS!  Why?

Only complaint is we should've attacked from the start and murdered that sh*te.

The truly gratifying thing about the whole performance was a QPR striker doing to them what they all expected a CL winner to do to us.  A brilliant centre forward's goal and a superb assist.  Take a bow, Lyndon Dykes -  a major asset to Scotland.