Transfer Chat 2023/24 - Page 7 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Transfer Chat 2023/24

1 hour ago, Rich NATA said:

I know what you mean, but he must be going. Surely?

Considering how long Bayern have been chasing him, it's going to look dreadful if Kane now - and only now - turns around and says 'nah'.

I'd be f*cking raging if I were Bayern and had been strung along for months on end.

Teams generally dont chase players these days without contract terms etc already being agreed with the players agent. 

There is zero chance of Kane saying no now unless Bayern change the terms of the offer which they have no reason to.

Might be missing something but why would this trigger a Hatate purchase? They dont play in same position?  Does Slasher mean Kyogo?

• Replies 247
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

11 hours ago, Diamond Scot said:

Teams generally dont chase players these days without contract terms etc already being agreed with the players agent. 

There is zero chance of Kane saying no now unless Bayern change the terms of the offer which they have no reason to.

Might be missing something but why would this trigger a Hatate purchase? They dont play in same position?  Does Slasher mean Kyogo?

No he doesn’t.

The Kane deal will more than double Spurs alleged transfer budget. I think Hatate is the only Celtic player Ange would come back for. Now that he has a bit more moulah to play with I think he may well do so. Even if he doesn’t, it looks like Caicedo might be off to Liverpool which will probably mean Brighton sniffing about. 

Hatate has looked and sounded like someone whose head is already somewhere else all pre-season. He’s either been tapped up or told by his agent a move is coming. I’m already resigned to losing him even if no one else is. As long as we have suitable replacements lined up it’s fine but as I mentioned earlier, this window is getting increasingly complicated for us and things done in haste sometimes don’t go the best 🤷🏼‍♂️

3 minutes ago, slasher said:

No he doesn’t.

The Kane deal will more than double Spurs alleged transfer budget. I think Hatate is the only Celtic player Ange would come back for. Now that he has a bit more moulah to play with I think he may well do so. Even if he doesn’t, it looks like Caicedo might be off to Liverpool which will probably mean Brighton sniffing about. 

Hatate has looked and sounded like someone whose head is already somewhere else all pre-season. He’s either been tapped up or told by his agent a move is coming. I’m already resigned to losing him even if no one else is. As long as we have suitable replacements lined up it’s fine but as I mentioned earlier, this window is getting increasingly complicated for us and things done in haste sometimes don’t go the best 🤷🏼‍♂️

Id be surprised if he goes to Spurs but Brighton might be a good shout. Really depends on the price I think. I could see Ange taking him if price was low, about 5 to 10 million. Not sure how much Celtic would be looking for.

26 minutes ago, Diamond Scot said:

Id be surprised if he goes to Spurs but Brighton might be a good shout. Really depends on the price I think. I could see Ange taking him if price was low, about 5 to 10 million. Not sure how much Celtic would be looking for.

It would be £15m+ I’d imagine. I couldn’t see us taking any less.

1 hour ago, slasher said:

It would be £15m+ I’d imagine. I couldn’t see us taking any less.

Me neither, just not sure if thats a price Spurs would pay.

He is a strange one for me. On his day is very very good. Other times he looks like games pass him by.

If his head has been turned then taking the money would make sence. Even if its a lower starting amount with bigger add ons.

Could actually see clubs like Everton, Palace etc being interested if he is available.

1 hour ago, Diamond Scot said:

Me neither, just not sure if thats a price Spurs would pay.

He is a strange one for me. On his day is very very good. Other times he looks like games pass him by.

If his head has been turned then taking the money would make sence. Even if its a lower starting amount with bigger add ons.

Could actually see clubs like Everton, Palace etc being interested if he is available.

I like him a lot, I’d rather he stayed but if his head is gone fuck it! Cheque please!

37 minutes ago, bonzo said:

What happened to klopp never paying £100m for a player 🤔 

He might not need to as according to reports he wants to go to Chelsea

That potential fee for Caicedo is just pyoor bonkers……. totally mad. His wee mate mcallister goes for 38 and he goes for 110! Nuts.

both decent players but miles off being solo game changers. Guess that’s where it’s at now. They are team players, play their part in a rigourously drilled unit …… a la city.

that post (by ally bongo?) of maradona doing his keepy uppy’s to the tunes before UEFA cup semi is more exciting than most of these supremely efficient ‘units’.

6 minutes ago, dan cake said:

Fee agreed between Chelsea and Brighton for £115M, I get why you’d pay £100M for Kane but this guy? He’s hardly box office. 

Guy I work with is a Brighton fan and reckons he's the real deal.  Better than Kante at his peak apparently.

7 minutes ago, Fairbairn said:

Guy I work with is a Brighton fan and reckons he's the real deal.  Better than Kante at his peak apparently.

Iv no doubt he’s a good player, wonder if the threat of players heading to Saudi is pushing prices up. Agents must be making a killing 

1 hour ago, dan cake said:

Iv no doubt he’s a good player, wonder if the threat of players heading to Saudi is pushing prices up. Agents must be making a killing 

That's Brighton brought in £400M of transfers over the last 3 seasons with a profit of something like £200M.  Between players and staff Chelsea have taken 11 people from Brighton in the last 12 months!

1 hour ago, Fairbairn said:

That's Brighton brought in £400M of transfers over the last 3 seasons with a profit of something like £200M.  Between players and staff Chelsea have taken 11 people from Brighton in the last 12 months!

Aye noticed the dud with the frizzy hair sitting in their dug out yesterday, £50M plus?

3 minutes ago, slasher said:

Ryan Fraser. 🙈

Just fuck off Celtic! Fuck right off!

I honestly didn't expect that reaction from any celtic supporter. I think he would be a good signing if he screws the nut. 

5 minutes ago, vanderark14 said:

I honestly didn't expect that reaction from any celtic supporter. I think he would be a good signing if he screws the nut. 

Yous fuckin sign him then!

Hes 29, has a bad attitude and hasn’t kicked a ball in months. If he is in any way meant as a replacement for Jota it’s a joke. I know there are still a couple of weeks left and the level we are trying to operate in is more difficult but we better have something better than this up our sleeve.

I’d honestly rather spend the wages we are going to be paying this waster on the young kid at Motherwell everyone is talking about. Unless it something to do with upping our number of homegrown players for Euro squads I don’t get it at all on any level.