Transfer Chat 2023/24 - Page 2 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Transfer Chat 2023/24

4 hours ago, vanderark14 said:

🤣

I think there was a time when 15 million would have been reasonable for Kent. He was very threatening in Europe, seemed to be getting fouled for a penalty about every 2nd game however he just hasnt pushed on. 

I believe thats partly due to Rangers relying too much on him but not having a proper right winger and attacking mid threat thus allowing teams to double up on him but also its partly down to how long it takes him to make his 1st movement. When he receives the ball he takes a touch and then spends a couple of seconds waiting for either the defender to come to him or for him to decide what to do. That times vital for defenders shuffling across. If he got the ball out of his feet straight away and attacked like Jota does then he would be much more effective.

• Replies 247
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

18 hours ago, Diamond Scot said:

I think there was a time when 15 million would have been reasonable for Kent. He was very threatening in Europe, seemed to be getting fouled for a penalty about every 2nd game however he just hasnt pushed on. 

I believe thats partly due to Rangers relying too much on him but not having a proper right winger and attacking mid threat thus allowing teams to double up on him but also its partly down to how long it takes him to make his 1st movement. When he receives the ball he takes a touch and then spends a couple of seconds waiting for either the defender to come to him or for him to decide what to do. That times vital for defenders shuffling across. If he got the ball out of his feet straight away and attacked like Jota does then he would be much more effective.

£15M would have been the max for him when they reached the Europa Final - £25m to £30m for kent is fantasy. Kieran Tierney went for that level of fee and Kent isn't close to that level

3 hours ago, vanderark14 said:

£15M would have been the max for him when they reached the Europa Final - £25m to £30m for kent is fantasy. Kieran Tierney went for that level of fee and Kent isn't close to that level

I suspect McCoist was being somewhat tongue in cheek.

Rangers have been very fortunite with regards to their player trading model imo. Their 3 main assets 18 months to 2 years ago were Moreles, Kent and Kamara (probably in that order). Bassey then went on a 6 month rampage that somehow resulted in a 20 million odd sale, they managed to get a very good deal for Aribo considering his contract situation and an unexpectedly high bid for Patterson.

This has glossed over the fact that 40 million (roughly) worth of sales for the above 3 has been missed with only Kamara remaining who would be doing well to be valued anywhere near north of 5 million atm.

Looking at the Rangers team right now. They have found themselves in a situation with practically no sellable assets. Raskin you could get the money back, Cantwell maybe in a year could be worth 10 million if he continues his form (given he was very highly rated down south previously) but I cant think of any other player that they could sell for more than 5 million. (Maybe Hagi) 

Cantwell is the poundshop jack Grealish .

All hairbands and diving..

Rangers have gone from buying Liverpool rejects (Kent) for 7m to 'buying' Norwich city rejects for nothing .

I can't see it ending well.

7 hours ago, stocky said:

Cantwell is the poundshop jack Grealish .

All hairbands and diving..

Rangers have gone from buying Liverpool rejects (Kent) for 7m to 'buying' Norwich city rejects for nothing .

I can't see it ending well.

I was sceptical about Cantwell but a few seasons back he looked like some player and would only have been sold for serious money, he's lost his way a bit since then (kind of sums up Norwich of late) but so far he looks a good signing. If he keeps it up I'm sure that he will come to the attention of EPL clubs.

1 hour ago, Hertsscot said:

Can't see too many people being upset by that but just like Kent and Morales we could have got a decent fee for him a while back. Now we'll be lucky to get a fiver!

Jesus, the guy has been here for 6 years. Morelos!! 

On 5/24/2023 at 1:34 PM, Diamond Scot said:

There’s never been a coin on the table for either Kent or Morelos! The huns sold the only saleable assets they had and now they are where they are.

16 hours ago, slasher said:

There’s never been a coin on the table for either Kent or Morelos! The huns sold the only saleable assets they had and now they are where they are.

Thats incorrect. They turned down a bid for Moreles as it didnt meet their valuation. There was also plently of interest in Kent, especially from Leeds and Fulham. 

The way transfers work nowadays dont have official bids being put in and then considered. Its all done behind closed doors, agent driven so buying clubs would know what price Rangers wanted for both players and the agent will have been talking to clubs etc.

Both players were sought after, to think otherwise is just wrong imo. Clubs just werent willing to pay what Rangers were wanting which was a mistake from Rangers.

3 hours ago, Diamond Scot said:

Thats incorrect. They turned down a bid for Moreles as it didnt meet their valuation. There was also plently of interest in Kent, especially from Leeds and Fulham. 

The way transfers work nowadays dont have official bids being put in and then considered. Its all done behind closed doors, agent driven so buying clubs would know what price Rangers wanted for both players and the agent will have been talking to clubs etc.

Both players were sought after, to think otherwise is just wrong imo. Clubs just werent willing to pay what Rangers were wanting which was a mistake from Rangers.

It’s all done ‘behind closed doors’ but you know there were bids! 😂

You really are an oddball. Not a single post on Airdrie’s play off dramas and subsequent promotion. Instead you want to have an in depth discussion on the huns transfer policy, you’re fooling no one…. except maybe yourself!

Thin Ryan Kent played well once every ten games, can't recall anyone being so over rated.

Dundee will be signing at least a dozen new players, could do any which way possible, but knowing us, it will go badly wrong as usual.

21 hours ago, slasher said:

Lille confirm £16m Morelos bid

Lille president Gerard Lopez has confirmed the club did put in a £16m bid for Rangers striker Alfredo Morelos.

43 minutes ago, slasher said:

Fair enough, I haven’t seen that before.

Full blown insanity from the huns 🙈

Totally - however in fairness (and after looking on wikipedia) the major decline started in March 2022 when he was injured on International duty which more or less finished him.

I'm almost sure though that repeatedly whenever there were calls for him to be transferred he would turn in performances, particularly in Europe, to silence them 

3 hours ago, slasher said:

It’s all done ‘behind closed doors’ but you know there were bids! 😂

You really are an oddball. Not a single post on Airdrie’s play off dramas and subsequent promotion. Instead you want to have an in depth discussion on the huns transfer policy, you’re fooling no one…. except maybe yourself!

What would you have liked me to post about Airdries play off victory? I chat about Airdrie with other supporters. If somebody posts something about Airdrie thats interesting I respond. I had a back and forth about Airdrie and theres standing just last week.

Within the past week ive also posted about Hearts and Aberdeen. How does that fit jn with your theory?

You clearly have no idea how football operates. Either that or you are just being purposefully ignorant. Its not like football manager where the buying club puts in a bid and then see's if its accepted. More often than not players and clubs are in discussions constantly via agents behind the scenes. Occasionally a club will know the valuation hasnt been met but will put in a bid hoping to force the selling clubs hand as what happened with Moreles.

Let me know if you need it explained any clearer.

4 minutes ago, Diamond Scot said:

What would you have liked me to post about Airdries play off victory? I chat about Airdrie with other supporters. If somebody posts something about Airdrie thats interesting I respond. I had a back and forth about Airdrie and theres standing just last week.

Within the past week ive also posted about Hearts and Aberdeen. How does that fit jn with your theory?

You clearly have no idea how football operates. Either that or you are just being purposefully ignorant. Its not like football manager where the buying club puts in a bid and then see's if its accepted. More often than not players and clubs are in discussions constantly via agents behind the scenes. Occasionally a club will know the valuation hasnt been met but will put in a bid hoping to force the selling clubs hand as what happened with Moreles.

Let me know if you need it explained any clearer.

Desperate stuff! 😂

I was at Hamilton v Airdrie 2nd leg as an interested fan. Were you there? I gave up my Celtic ticket to go.

Clearly I’m a 17 year old with championship manager ideas 😂

The question remains if the Airdrie fan is more interested in hun finances or his own club? 

I think we all know the answer.

3 minutes ago, slasher said:

Desperate stuff! 😂

I was at Hamilton v Airdrie 2nd leg as an interested fan. Were you there? I gave up my Celtic ticket to go.

Clearly I’m a 17 year old with championship manager ideas 😂

The question remains if the Airdrie fan is more interested in hun finances or his own club? 

I think we all know the answer.

Im not sure what you want me to say about your attendence? Well done?

I wasnt there for several reasons, none of which im inclined to go into. And if I was lying about being an Airdrie fan wouldnt it be easier to say yes I was there. Again, what would you have wanted me to post? Yas, Airdrie back in the Chamionship. Im not 10 years old.

Just admit, you made a smart arse comment on the internet trying to look cool. Somebody then came on posting a link to show you were talking nonsense and now you are trying to deflect.

Ive never understood the OF fans need to think that non OF fans are secretly a fan of the other team. Theres hundreds of thousands of Rangers fans and likewise Celtic fans. Why would anybody feel the need to lie about supporting them, especially on the internet.

I post about Rangers as I do about other Scottish clubs and indeed other things football. Why? Becuase its a topic of conversation and like it or not the OF take up about 95% of all media coverage in Scotland so there are alot of talking points.

If you want to give me your views on Airdries performance then id be happy to discuss.

7 hours ago, Diamond Scot said:

Im not sure what you want me to say about your attendence? Well done?

I wasnt there for several reasons, none of which im inclined to go into. And if I was lying about being an Airdrie fan wouldnt it be easier to say yes I was there. Again, what would you have wanted me to post? Yas, Airdrie back in the Chamionship. Im not 10 years old.

Just admit, you made a smart arse comment on the internet trying to look cool. Somebody then came on posting a link to show you were talking nonsense and now you are trying to deflect.

Ive never understood the OF fans need to think that non OF fans are secretly a fan of the other team. Theres hundreds of thousands of Rangers fans and likewise Celtic fans. Why would anybody feel the need to lie about supporting them, especially on the internet.

I post about Rangers as I do about other Scottish clubs and indeed other things football. Why? Becuase its a topic of conversation and like it or not the OF take up about 95% of all media coverage in Scotland so there are alot of talking points.

If you want to give me your views on Airdries performance then id be happy to discuss.

A fairly valiant defence, to be honest, argued quite convincingly. However, it is strikingly clear from your posting history, as  Slasher has mentioned, that you are inarguably a hun. Guilty as charged. Own it. 🥸

10 hours ago, kumnio said:

Thin Ryan Kent played well once every ten games, can't recall anyone being so over rated.

Dundee will be signing at least a dozen new players, could do any which way possible, but knowing us, it will go badly wrong as usual.

Arfield would be a decent signing. 

1 hour ago, duncan II said:

A fairly valiant defence, to be honest, argued quite convincingly. However, it is strikingly clear from your posting history, as  Slasher has mentioned, that you are inarguably a hun. Guilty as charged. Own it. 🥸

You got me. My orange lodge memebership says that 10% of members must go undercover as supporters as other teams to keep Celtic fans guessing lol