Transfer Chat 2023/24 - Page 4 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Transfer Chat 2023/24

• Replies 247
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

37 minutes ago, Hertsscot said:

Good bit of business by the Dons.

Great ambition shown. The guarenteed group stage football is massive to clubs like Hearts and Aberdeen. Hopefully they can build on this and have a solid team this year.

Hearts looked like they were putting in good foundations however they went off the boil abit. I think the core of their team is still there though so add to it and again they should be better.

57 minutes ago, dandydunn said:

Rumour 🙄 has it that a 1.6 million fee was touted, with Liverpool just not paying an instalment for Calvin Ramsay. 

Great business. 

If that's the case it's absolutely smashed Aberdeen's record transfer. Hope he makes more of an impact than the previous holder of that record.

2 hours ago, Fairbairn said:

Rangers have completed the signing of Sam Lammers from Atalanta. 

Very much a wait and see on that one. Once upon a time we signed players most of us had actually heard of but just because they're not well known doesn't mean much. I'd never heard of Kyogo but he seems to have done alright.

28 minutes ago, Hertsscot said:

If that's the case it's absolutely smashed Aberdeen's record transfer. Hope he makes more of an impact than the previous holder of that record.

6 figures, LARGE sell on fee, and no link to Ramsay - Incredible business / model

Aged 58, and starting for the Dons, I'd have more of an impact than PB ever had

12 hours ago, Hertsscot said:

Very much a wait and see on that one. Once upon a time we signed players most of us had actually heard of but just because they're not well known doesn't mean much. I'd never heard of Kyogo but he seems to have done alright.

His goal record is a concern however having watched a few clips he reminds me more of an Aribo than a Morelos.  I think he'll play in the front 3 but won't be relied on to be  our main goalscorer (more in the Kent mould maybe).  Should we get Dessers I think he'll be the focal point.  Apparently Lammers was always the first player the manager had in mind for the rebuild so Beale must see something in him.

On 6/15/2023 at 6:12 PM, Fairbairn said:

Rangers have completed the signing of Sam Lammers from Atalanta. 

Barley scored a goal in years, seems a bit strange. Who looks at that and thinks aye 3.5 mil nae bother

16 minutes ago, Hertsscot said:

It doesn't worry me that he's not been prolific, it does worry me  that none of our current strikers are that prolific.

whats the point in a striker that doesnt score

On 6/16/2023 at 11:20 PM, Kirk said:

whats the point in a striker that doesnt score

Jordan, Stapleton, Hughes etc. None of them were prolific but would all get into the Rangers team (obviously back in the day rather than now!) I don't mind if one striker is not prolific but it concerns me when none are.

1 hour ago, EddardStark said:

Bayern Munich have cancelled Rangers option on Malik Tillman’s deal

Rangers will receive £1m plus 10% of any future deal as compensation for this 

Interest is huge from England, Germany and elsewhere with bids expected of £10m plus

Rangers will do ok out of that.

He was always too good for rangers and I don't think they ever had a chance of signing him .

So money for nothing for rangers..

2 hours ago, EddardStark said:

Bayern Munich have cancelled Rangers option on Malik Tillman’s deal

Rangers will receive £1m plus 10% of any future deal as compensation for this 

Interest is huge from England, Germany and elsewhere with bids expected of £10m plus

That's one of our best bits of business in years.  £2M to not sign a player?  We should get in the blower and tell PSG we don't want to sign Mbappe!

On 6/20/2023 at 8:39 PM, Fairbairn said:

That's one of our best bits of business in years.  £2M to not sign a player?  We should get in the blower and tell PSG we don't want to sign Mbappe!

Who needs fantasy football eh? 🙄🤣

2 minutes ago, Diamond Scot said:

Shinnie resigning for Aberdeen on 3 year contract. Another excellent signing by the Dons. 

What positions do the Dons fans think they need to have a really strong side this year?

Still need centre half or two in, probably another wide player, but apart from that, it looks pretty good, but the game isnt played on paper and there’s a long way to go before we know we’ve got Duk/Miovski tied up. 

1 hour ago, Fairbairn said:

Aberdeen really seem to have stepped up their recruitment recently.  Have they brought someone new in to oversee it?

Burrows came in from Motherwell last season as chief executive, he seems to be a very positive noise maker in the club, Darren Mowbray (head of recruitment) left for Southampton in the summer, it could very well be he done a lot of the groundwork prior to this.