Mcgeady And Mccarthy - Page 20 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Mcgeady And Mccarthy

Irishandproud

• Replies 516
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Why waste the effort. Don Hutchison was English, but proud to play for us & score the winner at Wembley. He stated that his pride was thru his father who was Scottish & wanted Don to play for us. Hutchison scored in Dublin in the 2000 2-1 win in Dublin.

:ok:

It's not so much them choosing to play for another country but their reasons/motivation for doing so. Pandering to the anti-Scottish tricolour waving mentality that started to become more prominent there about 15 years ago.

Same deal as the 'Rangers fans' with the England tops, same horrible sub-culture.

It's not so much them choosing to play for another country but their reasons/motivation for doing so. Pandering to the anti-Scottish tricolour waving mentality that started to become more prominent there about 15 years ago.

Fortunately that attitude seems to be changing (much to the annoyance of George Galloway it seems)...

It's surely a symptom of the TV generation of fans Sky Sports has cultivated. Bear in mind your average Irish fan supports a club from another country, and rarely goes to games. Everything is viewed through a media prism, heavily influenced by commentators and pundits. The Scottish (and Irish!) leagues are dismissed as shite and nobody from those leagues could every be worth a damn. All that matters is your EPL ranking.

Aye, good post.

I think some Irish supporters completely miss the point when they called Gordon McQueen and Scotland hypocrites.

Bob Wilson, Bruce Rioch, Stuart McCall, Andy Goram, Don Hutchison, Graham Alexander, Russell Martin, Chris Martin and Steven Fletcher may have been born in England but all of them had a Scottish parent.

Aiden McGeady and James McCarthy qualified via the ridiculous grandparent rule.

There's a big difference.

Kris Commons ;-)

No because none of the ones we have would get near the England squad

We have no way of knowing whether Strachan would have had McGeady or McCarthy near the Scotland squad.

I don't agree with their decision but under the current (daft) rules they were entitled to make it.

On top of that I don't think either is a great loss anyway - booing them elevates them to a level of importance they don't deserve.

Mccarthy has played for us for our U-17's , U-18's , U-19's , U-21's and has 24 caps for our senior side.....u need to stop deluding urself that he isnt committed to Ireland my friend.

If he is fit....then he will play.

just thought I would remind you of this post :wink2:

Hahaha

Like I said ....if he is fit if he will play

Unfortunately he is not fit so he wont!

Anyway lads im off to sleep - early flight to catch in the morning

Looking forward to a great match tomorrow

May the best team win

Enjoy :ok:

Have a good time in Glasgow now GTR :cheers3:

Whatever you do though, don't go home with any so-called "women" from Dundee !

33 pages? ffs. one of them was always going to bottle it and the other is just okay. This obsession makes us look daft. The pair of them made a choice. End of. Lets move on. Devoting 33 pages to them is just fkn mental.

boooooooooooooooooooooooooo