SNP leadership election - Page 34 - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

SNP leadership election

8 minutes ago, Ally Bongo said:

Yes Einstein

At the next hustings the question can be a follow up to what they said tonight along the lines of the above

I see, you think a hustings is a leadership debate, like they have on TV, designed to get the candidates attacking each other - for entertainment.    I think that BBC and STV are having those.

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

3 minutes ago, aaid said:

I see, you think a hustings is a leadership debate, like they have on TV, designed to get the candidates attacking each other - for entertainment.    I think that BBC and STV are having those.

I think i made myself clear in my last post

At the next hustings the candidates can be grilled on the answers they gave tonight by an SNP member

Meanwhile

https://wingsoverscotland.com/the-last-days-of-saigon/

8 hours ago, Ally Bongo said:

I think i made myself clear in my last post

At the next hustings the candidates can be grilled on the answers they gave tonight by an SNP member

Meanwhile

https://wingsoverscotland.com/the-last-days-of-saigon/

I see that Wings was trying to bully Len Pennie the other day.  You still think he’s a reliable and trustworthy source.

@aaid I'm with  @Ally Bongo, questioning (Not attacking) them as to 'how' they plan to secure another vote / independence, regardless of the format, is perfectly reasonable

It's why they are put in place primarily - The 'How' is above all else for me, and probably a lot of others......

2 hours ago, aaid said:

I see that Wings was trying to bully Len Pennie the other day.  You still think he’s a reliable and trustworthy source.

I worded my previous post wrongly

What i meant was a question can be put to all of them asking what is your plan when Westminster says No to your strategy

Wings is a cunt - there is no doubt

But in the main Yes

3 hours ago, aaid said:

Ps - i have just discovered i am blocked by her which is odd

I have never followed her and the only interactions i have had is possibly reporting some of the bile aimed at her

I also dont follow Wings

20 minutes ago, Ally Bongo said:

I have never followed her and the only interactions i have had is possibly reporting some of the bile aimed at her

I also dont follow Wings

Probably because she’s seen how you interact with others and doesn’t want it on your timeline.   I’ve never seen how you interact with others, that’s the usual reason, I’ve done it a few times myself.

Big man though, bullying a young woman with well documented mental health issues. 

I don't understand the stooshie over the DRS scheme; seems to work in other countries and call me an auld fart it might keep the streets tidy.

This is exactly the sort of thing Greens should be doing rather than obsessing about other things.  

People saying we're only a wee country but it's a chain effect.  We started the green fund for African countries after COP and larger countries have followed our lead.  

50 minutes ago, Ally Bongo said:

I also dont follow Wings

Are you sure she’s actually blocked you - her tweets are protected.  

1 minute ago, PapofGlencoe said:

I don't understand the stooshie over the DRS scheme; seems to work in other countries and call me an auld fart it might keep the streets tidy.

This is exactly the sort of thing Greens should be doing rather than obsessing about other things.  

People saying we're only a wee country but it's a chain effect.  We started the green fund for African countries after COP and larger countries have followed our lead.  

I’m not sure where this has come from either tbh.   All seems to have blown up out of nowhere in January.

I’d really like someone to explain what’s gone wrong and when, if indeed anything has gone wildly wrong.  

5 minutes ago, PapofGlencoe said:

The media not helping either by twisting things. Big headline yesterday saying only 15% of drinks companies have signed up , then further down the story it says that the companies that have signed up produce 90% of all drinks sold .

Thats not to say smaller companies worries should be ignored but its a very misleading headline. 

6 minutes ago, PapofGlencoe said:

It's just the usual media obsession with attacking anything that the SG does. It's not even that big an issue. It's just a wee project tackling the tiniest tip of a massive iceberg. But it's a start. There will be teething problems and it might not stick to the original timescale but it will work eventually. As you say, it works fine in loads of other places. 

I've no idea why the potential leaders are letting themselves get drawn into discussing this as part of their leadership bid. It's really not that important. Anybody suggesting that the plan should be totally scrapped are just showing up their ignorance of how much work has already been done. Quite a lot of money has been invested in this already, and if it gets binned then lots of folk will be looking for financial compensation.

14 minutes ago, aaid said:

Are you sure she’s actually blocked you - her tweets are protected.  

Deffo blocked

I am an absolute delight on twitter

It's more likely she has blocked everyone who has liked a tweet by a certain person

1 minute ago, Ally Bongo said:

Deffo blocked

I am an absolute delight on twitter

It's more likely she has blocked everyone who has liked a tweet by a certain person

If you lie down with dogs, you get fleas. 

1 minute ago, Orraloon said:

You're starting to sound like a rejected teenager. 😂

😁

I dont mind being blocked by;

someone i follow

someone i have replied to

Unionists, Tories, Lib Dems and Labour

Alba who think i am SNP

SNP who think i am ALBA

Pro GRR who think i am anti

Anti GRR who think i am pro

It's just curious as to why someone you dont follow or interact with does

4 minutes ago, Ally Bongo said:

😁

I dont mind being blocked by;

someone i follow

someone i have replied to

Unionists, Tories, Lib Dems and Labour

Alba who think i am SNP

SNP who think i am ALBA

Pro GRR who think i am anti

Anti GRR who think i am pro

It's just curious as to why someone you dont follow or interact with does

😂 

Ok you can miss out the "starting to" bit in my previous post. 😂

Wait a minute..............You are not an SNP member???????? This election has got fuk all to do with you then. 😉 😂

6 minutes ago, Orraloon said:

😂

Wait a minute..............You are not an SNP member???????? This election has got fuk all to do with you then. 😉 😂

Blocked

6 minutes ago, Orraloon said:

😂

What are you talking about? of course it does. Whoever wins becomes first minister of Scotland

11 minutes ago, Freeedom said:

What are you talking about? of course it does. Whoever wins becomes first minister of Scotland

😂 

It was a wee joke.

But, now you mention it, this vote is to elect the leader of the SNP. The election of a new First Minister happens later and even less folk get to decide that one. It could end up being Anas for all we know? 😉

3 hours ago, Orraloon said:

It's just the usual media obsession with attacking anything that the SG does. It's not even that big an issue. It's just a wee project tackling the tiniest tip of a massive iceberg. But it's a start. There will be teething problems and it might not stick to the original timescale but it will work eventually. As you say, it works fine in loads of other places. 

I've no idea why the potential leaders are letting themselves get drawn into discussing this as part of their leadership bid. It's really not that important. Anybody suggesting that the plan should be totally scrapped are just showing up their ignorance of how much work has already been done. Quite a lot of money has been invested in this already, and if it gets binned then lots of folk will be looking for financial compensation.

Yep, they seem to be enjoying giving a platform to the Innis & Gunn guy, who is arguing that DRS, in requiring new recycling infrastructure, ‘is not green because there’s already existing recycling infrastructure’.  Reckons SG should re-invest money from alcohol tax take into existing recycling. 

Media should really call out these infantile, narrow-minded, short-termism arguments from business voices. Instead, they just lap it all up completely unopposed and publish the shit out of it. 

Someone should just call the guy out and say, ‘so basically you just don’t want any change that impacts your business, even if it’s for the long-term greater good of society and the planet. Is that it?’