SNP leadership election - Page 51 - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

SNP leadership election

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 hours ago, Caledonian Craig said:

I would sooner have both testicles cut off with a rusty blade than ever vote Tory. Considering what the Tories have oversaw in the last governments why would you?

Same here. Cannot see any reason to vote tory. They are vile.

That said, I'll not be voting snp if Humza gets in. Cannot stand him. He'll kill the SNP.

1 minute ago, hampden_loon2878 said:

Kate smashed it last night, always in control.even her critics must admit that, her best performance by a mile. Humza was really poor

Good to see you the other day pal. Pity we didn't have time for yap or a pint. I was in a hurry.

Re Forbes, her beliefs mean nothing to me, she's the one who will put independence first IMO

9 hours ago, Malcolm said:

having voted snp between 2014 and 2021, I will definitely not vote snp if humzah gets it.  He would be horrific.

alba don’t put up a candidate in my constituency so probably conservative for me.

You're fooling no one with this pish. Nobody goes from a the biggest Scottish nationalist party to a right wing unionist party that easily.

You're a Billy brit and everyone on here knows it. It's sad that someone has to go to great lengths and lies to amuse themselves on a football forum.

1 hour ago, vanderark14 said:

Good to see you the other day pal. Pity we didn't have time for yap or a pint. I was in a hurry.

Re Forbes, her beliefs mean nothing to me, she's the one who will put independence first IMO

Aye got a surprise when I seen you  lol, thought please don’t call me hampden loon haha 😂 

1 hour ago, vanderark14 said:

You're fooling no one with this pish. Nobody goes from a the biggest Scottish nationalist party to a right wing unionist party that easily.

You're a Billy brit and everyone on here knows it. It's sad that someone has to go to great lengths and lies to amuse themselves on a football forum.

😂.  I’m afraid you are wrong….

Voted yes, and voted SNP for the subsequent 7 years, certainly at last scottish and Westminster elections.  Did vote Tory at the council elections.  As I have said many many times, no ideal party for me as I am fairly right wing but would like an independent Scotland in theory.

have a look at yourself - not everyone lives by the sad little stereotypes that you seem to believe exist.  

16 minutes ago, weekevie04 said:

Three lacklustre candidates but Forbes is the best by a country mile, she has to win.

agreed, she is by far the most capable - the lefties in the party will make sure she doesn’t.

You will end up with the far left, green loving, humzah.  A Poundland Ken Livingstone.

5 minutes ago, Malcolm said:

😂.  I’m afraid you are wrong….

Voted yes, and voted SNP for the subsequent 7 years, certainly at last scottish and Westminster elections.  Did vote Tory at the council elections.  As I have said many many times, no ideal party for me as I am fairly right wing but would like an independent Scotland in theory.

have a look at yourself - not everyone lives by the sad little stereotypes that you seem to believe exist.  

If you want independence you don't vote tory.

its difficult to believe a word you type, your like a slightly better educated version of rolling hills

Edited by vanderark14

23 minutes ago, vanderark14 said:

If you want independence you don't vote tory.

its difficult to believe a word you type, your like a slightly better educated version of rolling hills

what if you want independence but don’t want the snp, or labour, or the Lib Dems and certainly not the greens?

49 minutes ago, Malcolm said:

what if you want independence but don’t want the snp, or labour, or the Lib Dems and certainly not the greens?

Independence isn't and never was about a single political party. 

Once scotland gains Independence you could vote for a right wing party.

18 minutes ago, vanderark14 said:

Independence isn't and never was about a single political party. 

Once scotland gains Independence you could vote for a right wing party.

that might well be, but the SNP are not a single issue party.  They are a left and increasingly further left wing party not very good at delivering independence.

hopefully it splits and we get factions with different political options that support independence.

28 minutes ago, hampden_loon2878 said:

If humza is elected i truest believe it will be the snp’s Liz Truss moment 

He can't possibly do the same damage that she did. He (or any other First Minister) doesn't have the power to inflict that amount of damage. 

Lizz Trust was all the "Free market" "Libertarians" "Game-theory" bro's policies acted out at once and the very markets they loved tanked them out.

I've not paid much attention to the race so my uneducated thoughts are Humza is same sort of course candidate, Kate is more fiscal and social conservative, we've seen one budget from her and gives a wee hint into her thinking. We have a parliament so her personal views are tempered by the mechanisms of that.

Regan is more the Truss candidate got radical ideas which might crash violently with reality if she get's a chance to enact them.

My general thoughts are apathy to them. None are going to last long, this is a transition leader. However it's not like i've been studying the situation closely so there's probably an even bigger chance i'm havering pish. I've found a good thread to do so though.

12 minutes ago, phart said:

Lizz Trust was all the "Free market" "Libertarians" "Game-theory" bro's policies acted out at once and the very markets they loved tanked them out.

I've not paid much attention to the race so my uneducated thoughts are Humza is same sort of course candidate, Kate is more fiscal and social conservative, we've seen one budget from her and gives a wee hint into her thinking. We have a parliament so her personal views are tempered by the mechanisms of that.

Regan is more the Truss candidate got radical ideas which might crash violently with reality if she get's a chance to enact them.

My general thoughts are apathy to them. None are going to last long, this is a transition leader. However it's not like i've been studying the situation closely so there's probably an even bigger chance i'm havering pish. I've found a good thread to do so though.

I think that's a pretty fair and accurate summary.

56 minutes ago, Malcolm said:

that might well be, but the SNP are not a single issue party.  They are a left and increasingly further left wing party not very good at delivering independence.

hopefully it splits and we get factions with different political options that support independence.

Not very good? They may have stagnated but they and they alone have taken independence from nothing to splitting the country. I couldn't care less if they are seen as left or right, they are the only party with independence as their flag ship policy. 

Regardless of the above, no independence supporter would revert to the ultimate unionist party as an alternative to the snp and that is why almost everyone on here thinks you are fill of shite 

41 minutes ago, phart said:

Aye I haver plenty pish on here too, good way to bounce thoughts.  I generally agree with this.

I think the point is what keeps the independence flame burning.  In a modern world, it's notion could be extinguished if it's taken onto the back burner.  To me if it becomes theoretical without any party keeping a means of expressing it, it will decay and become irrelevant.  I already have supporters saying "it'll never happen" now.  At a point when it's support has never been higher.  There's something not quite right there.  Something has gone wrong.

7 minutes ago, vanderark14 said:

Not very good? They may have stagnated but they and they alone have taken independence from nothing to splitting the country. I couldn't care less if they are seen as left or right, they are the only party with independence as their flag ship policy. 

Regardless of the above, no independence supporter would revert to the ultimate unionist party as an alternative to the snp and that is why almost everyone on here thinks you are fill of shite 

1. plenty pro independence supporters will revert to a unionist party  - labour are a unionist party, the Lib Dems are. It doesn’t matter how unionist they are - they are or they aren’t. 😂

2. I care not a jot what you think, nor most people for that matter for whom you seem to think you can speak for.

2 minutes ago, Malcolm said:

1. plenty pro independence supporters will revert to a unionist party  - labour are a unionist party, the Lib Dems are. It doesn’t matter how unionist they are - they are or they aren’t. 😂

2. I care not a jot what you think, nor most people for that matter for whom you seem to think you can speak for.

If they revert to a unionist party, they weren't really independence supporters.

It's quite obvious you don't care what others think, you spend every day on here spouting utter pish. If you cared what people think you'd fuck off back to kickback or follow follow.

Edited by vanderark14

4 minutes ago, vanderark14 said:

If they revert to a unionist party, they weren't really independence supporters.

It's quite obvious you don't care what others think, you spend every day on here spouting utter pish. If you cared what people think you'd fuck off back to kickback or follow follow.

sadly banned from kickback as they don’t like it there when anybody points out that hearts should be happy with their lot in third place.

https://wingsoverscotland.com/the-human-torpedo/

But secondly, Humza Yousaf’s comments completely blow the entire foundation of the Gender Recognition Reform bill out of the water, and would be thrown back in his face by the UK government were he to become First Minister and then be so foolish as to challenge the UK’s Section 35 blocking of the bill in court.

Because under the terms of the GRR, neither Humza Yousaf nor anyone else has the right to declare that Isla Bryson is “at it”, or that he’s “not a real transwoman”.

2 minutes ago, Ally Bongo said:

https://wingsoverscotland.com/the-human-torpedo/

But secondly, Humza Yousaf’s comments completely blow the entire foundation of the Gender Recognition Reform bill out of the water, and would be thrown back in his face by the UK government were he to become First Minister and then be so foolish as to challenge the UK’s Section 35 blocking of the bill in court.

Because under the terms of the GRR, neither Humza Yousaf nor anyone else has the right to declare that Isla Bryson is “at it”, or that he’s “not a real transwoman”.

Are you sure that is part of the GRR bill?