SNP leadership election - Page 50 - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

SNP leadership election

7 minutes ago, hampden_loon2878 said:

My gut is telling me humza may have this, if the wolf packs back off the next few days it’s a sure thing. @aaid do candidates have access to the vote count at the moment 

My gut is too, despite Kate being favourite with a few people I know. 

That recent Yougov poll says 62% of people think the SNP have underperformed in their handling of the NHS. If Humza gets this job  I think he/the SNP are on the back foot from the off. Rightly or wrongly people will associate Humza with the NHS. 

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

24 minutes ago, hampden_loon2878 said:

My gut is telling me humza may have this, if the wolf packs back off the next few days it’s a sure thing. @aaid do candidates have access to the vote count at the moment 

I have absolutely no idea, I'd be gobsmacked if they did do though.

AFAIK, the only people with access to votes at this point is MI-Voice.  Once the voting closes they pass the results on to the National Secretary.

13 minutes ago, TDYER63 said:

My gut is too, despite Kate being favourite with a few people I know. 

That recent Yougov poll says 62% of people think the SNP have underperformed in their handling of the NHS. If Humza gets this job  I think he/the SNP are on the back foot from the off. Rightly or wrongly people will associate Humza with the NHS. 

I don't think the data is out for that poll yet - until it is, it would be unwise to draw any conclusions.

That's a poll of all voters, not SNP members, who will undoubtedly have their own - and different - view on things.  I'd imagine - just my opinion - that SNP members, or at least those undecided, would be likely to react unfavourably to Humza being attacked over the NHS.  

That's me voted.  The email with the voting code went into BT internet's spam folder which pretty much tries to block every new email address that comes in - fortunately I check it nearly every day.  If anyone else is waiting for the code, maybe check your spam filter.

4 minutes ago, aaid said:

I don't think the data is out for that poll yet - until it is, it would be unwise to draw any conclusions.

That's a poll of all voters, not SNP members, who will undoubtedly have their own - and different - view on things.  I'd imagine - just my opinion - that SNP members, or at least those undecided, would be likely to react unfavourably to Humza being attacked over the NHS.  

Yes, I was actually meaning the poll of all voters. I should have made it clearer my  second paragraph wasn’t directly related to how  members were likely to  vote, it was more the outcome of that vote in Humzas  favour .
As minister for health,  Humza comes with negative baggage. Rightly or wrongly this will work against him and the SNP IMO. 

53 minutes ago, aaid said:

I have absolutely no idea, I'd be gobsmacked if they did do though.

AFAIK, the only people with access to votes at this point is MI-Voice.  Once the voting closes they pass the results on to the National Secretary.

I sent away a postal for an old lady today and was surprised when the postal address was Southampton. 

Just now, hampden_loon2878 said:

I sent away a postal for an old lady today and was surprised when the postal address was Southampton. 

I would’ve thought it would’ve been Uddingston.  

20 minutes ago, Orraloon said:

The age demographics of actual members should favour Kate, slightly. I think older members are slightly more likely to vote for Kate.

I read a good analysis by Prof Curtice on what research had been carried out on the demographics of SNP membership.  In short, there’s not been much and what little there is a few years old.

However, one thing that he did mention was that while the age of membership was older - which is the case with most political parties - the membership, including those that were older, were more socially liberal and economically to the left than the population as a whole and so might not behave in the way you’d expect. 

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-scotland-politics-64940798

3 hours ago, Orraloon said:

The age demographics of actual members should favour Kate, slightly. I think older members are slightly more likely to vote for Kate.

The only guy I know in party where I live who has came out and said he won’t vote Kate for her religious views is 93 years old, he also said he will not vote for anyone but really doesn’t want Kate 

30 minutes ago, hampden_loon2878 said:

The only guy I know in party where I live who has came out and said he won’t vote Kate for her religious views is 93 years old, he also said he will not vote for anyone but really doesn’t want Kate 

Probably disnae ken how to work the computer. 😂

It is clear to me that independence is off the table now for a few years. The two main protaganists in the FM leadership race Yousduf and Forbes display a distinct lack of ravenous hunger for independence. Ash Regan displays that hunger but she will not get support needed to win from members or from within the party which I find worrying. The SNP was always about making independence their priority but that is lacking within the party I feel. Deflating and worrying times. The longer this goes on the more I will be looking to Alba.

Edited by Caledonian Craig

10 minutes ago, Caledonian Craig said:

It is clear to me that independence is off the table now for a few years. The two main protaganists in the FM leadership race Yousduf and Forbes display a distinct lack of ravenous hunger for independence. Ash Regan displays that hunger but she will not get support needed to win from members or from within the party which I find worrying. The SNP was always about making independence their priority but that is lacking within the party I feel. Deflating and worrying times. The longer this goes on the more I will be looking to Alba.

It’s been that way since 2015,, stupid vote losing policies like the GRR should never have been touched with a barge pole. I can tell you on good authority Kate, and her parents have always bey driven, the ship will need stables and the lay of the land evaluated after this election 

The ongoing propaganda from the SNP cabal is getting beyond a joke

When you have to clearly lie to try to deflect your man coming second best & influence votes is not a good look

Neil Gray did just that tonight

Neil Gray MSP

brilliant again tonight - the candidate who answered the tough questions, defended government’s record & set out the inspiring vision he has to build on our progressive record to deliver independence - that’s why he’s SNP voters’ favoured candidate for FM #BBCDN

Edited by Ally Bongo

14 minutes ago, aaid said:

Did you deliberately cur Màiri McAllan off there?

Not my video

And a cur is a dog that isnt very good

Poor Mairi

22 minutes ago, Ally Bongo said:

Not my video

And a cur is a dog that isnt very good

Poor Mairi

So you think Màiri is just standing there, yet your accusing Neil Gray of lying.

Maybe your the person being one-sided.

DireWolfIndeped1

#claimofright
#soverignscot
#albafm
#salvo
#ssrg

All the hashtags the define a zoomer. 

edit. A quick look at his timeline and he admits he’s not a member of the SNP yet is getting very aerated about the leadership election. 

Edited by aaid