SNP leadership election - Page 55 - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

SNP leadership election

21 minutes ago, PapofGlencoe said:

hahahaha.  Yip, got to say what an incredible gesture.  Fair play to him.

5 times the membership of 2007's fees coming in and needing a loan.  Quite an achievement.  Surprising he's not been poached by the blue chip merrygoround.

And lets not forget the ongoing police investigation into the £600k referendum fund that is 'woven through the accounts'.

He really should have been a city banker.

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

47 minutes ago, Orraloon said:

I don't know how it works in foreign countries, but in Scotland you can ask to move to any branch that you want. 

Yes, and I could’ve requested to be moved to the London branch but I couldn’t be arsed.  

12 minutes ago, Dave78 said:

And lets not forget the ongoing police investigation into the £600k referendum fund that is 'woven through the accounts'.

He really should have been a city banker.

There’s nothing like a long running police investigation to fuel the rumour mill is there.

18 minutes ago, Ally Bongo said:

Ash Regan is likely to file a court interdict to suspend the election if the information is not released by 3pm today

In other news my tweet to Mhairi Hunter has made it onto the WoS website (I still dont follow him on twitter) 

It's basically Mhairi Hunter told lies about an NEC meeting today - when there isnt one

Have you joined the SNP since last week?

4 minutes ago, aaid said:

There’s nothing like a long running police investigation to fuel the rumour mill is there.

Would all have been avoided if they'd just ringfenced the money. Why they hell didn't they?

2 minutes ago, Dave78 said:

Would all have been avoided if they'd just ringfenced the money. Why they hell didn't they?

I’m not sure what crime they’ve broken even if it is the case they’ve spent the money.  I’m pretty sure if they wanted to they could allocate the entirety of their spend to “working towards a referendum” or whatever.  

16 minutes ago, Orraloon said:

Have you joined the SNP since last week?

?

Have been a member of the SNP since Sept 2014

14 minutes ago, Ally Bongo said:

?

😉

On 3/2/2023 at 11:48 AM, Ally Bongo said:

😁

I dont mind being blocked by;

someone i follow

someone i have replied to

Unionists, Tories, Lib Dems and Labour

Alba who think i am SNP

SNP who think i am ALBA

Pro GRR who think i am anti

Anti GRR who think i am pro

It's just curious as to why someone you dont follow or interact with does

On 3/2/2023 at 11:55 AM, Orraloon said:

😂

Ok you can miss out the "starting to" bit in my previous post. 😂

Wait a minute..............You are not an SNP member???????? This election has got fuk all to do with you then. 😉 😂

The SNP membership numbers which will get announced will probably be as of 31Dec2022. There has been an influx of new members since Nicola made her announcement. Presumably from folk who thought they might get a vote?

Then again it might be ALBA members coming back to the party in their droves, now that Nicola is leaving? 😉

52 minutes ago, aaid said:

I’m not sure what crime they’ve broken even if it is the case they’ve spent the money.  I’m pretty sure if they wanted to they could allocate the entirety of their spend to “working towards a referendum” or whatever.  

Seriously??? Fkin hell, you come across as an SNP HQ drone at the best of times but that must take the fkin biscuit! 😂

Taking money exclusively to be used on one thing and for no other purpose and then spending it on something else entirely = fraud.  No matter how you're told to dress it up.

15 minutes ago, daviebee said:

Seriously??? Fkin hell, you come across as an SNP HQ drone at the best of times but that must take the fkin biscuit! 😂

Taking money exclusively to be used on one thing and for no other purpose and then spending it on something else entirely = fraud.  No matter how you're told to dress it up.

absolutely right… as trump says “Lock her up” 😂

11 minutes ago, daviebee said:

At the risk of sounding like a "SNP HQ drone" it might come down to the fine print and how it is interpreted.

"Referendum Appeal

By 31 December 2021, a total of £740,822 had been raised through the independence related appeals. These donations are also included in – and have been reconciled with – the total amount for donations included in Party accounts from 2017 to 2021. Up until 31 December 2021 a total of £253,335 of expenditure had been applied against this income. The balance remains “earmarked” for independence related campaigning. Of course, the SNP is the party of independence and, as such, every action we take – directly or indirectly – is in support of winning independence. However, we continue to take a very strict approach to ensuring that this income supports expenditure directly related to the campaign for independence. We will ensure that an amount equivalent to the sums raised from these appeals will go directly to our work to secure a referendum and win independence."

47 minutes ago, Orraloon said:

😉

I dont highlight that i am a member of the SNP - a bit like the SNP finances or membership number

However this is my twitter bio

🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿Slap me on the Patio, I'll take it now. Never used to despise Unionists. I do now

Hamilton,45 Percenter, NY JetsJoined January 2012

2 minutes ago, Ally Bongo said:

I dont highlight that i am a member of the SNP - a bit like the SNP finances or membership number

However this is my twitter bio

🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿Slap me on the Patio, I'll take it now. Never used to despise Unionists. I do now

Hamilton,45 Percenter, NY JetsJoined January 2012

I was just checking to see if I need to cancel your vote or not. 😉 But seeing as you voted for the correct candidate you should be OK.

3 minutes ago, Orraloon said:

At the risk of sounding like a "SNP HQ drone" it might come down to the fine print and how it is interpreted.

"Referendum Appeal

By 31 December 2021, a total of £740,822 had been raised through the independence related appeals. These donations are also included in – and have been reconciled with – the total amount for donations included in Party accounts from 2017 to 2021. Up until 31 December 2021 a total of £253,335 of expenditure had been applied against this income. The balance remains “earmarked” for independence related campaigning. Of course, the SNP is the party of independence and, as such, every action we take – directly or indirectly – is in support of winning independence. However, we continue to take a very strict approach to ensuring that this income supports expenditure directly related to the campaign for independence. We will ensure that an amount equivalent to the sums raised from these appeals will go directly to our work to secure a referendum and win independence."

"Ringfenced" was the term I believe.  My understanding, not that I donated as it was obvious that Sturgeon was a total charlatan, was that the money was to be used in a referendum campaign which I thought would mean leaflets, promotional materials, billboards, all that sort of stuff, and that it'd be available immediately for that purpose.  Then we found it was "woven through the accounts"!  However you interpret it, they've been defrauding people.  Why else would they return money when folk demanded it?  Surely they could've just said, "Well as we're the party of independence, etc, etc..."

Fkin crooks.  I loathe and despise the Tories with every fibre of my being, but at least they don't pretend to be anything other than a shower of spivs and utter bstrds.

11 minutes ago, Orraloon said:

"Referendum Appeal

Which kind of was my point.  

7 minutes ago, aaid said:

82,000 members as of 21 December 2022.  72,000 as of now.

Looks like 10000 members have left in the last couple of months, which I would suggest is not good news for Forbes and Regan.

Some have a different spin on it, you should maybe start listening to what other folk say

59FD36CA-F3C7-4B9F-8AE7-5E59488238C8.jpeg

6 minutes ago, hampden_loon2878 said:

Pretty damning tbh, members were being ignored to accommodate a few trans nut jobs, where was sturgeons plea to folk leaving in their droves,, she has wrecked the party 

10000 left, 72000 didn’t, doesn’t really fit your narrative. 

oh, and btw, anyone who refers to other members as “trans nut-jobs” is probably in the wrong party. 

Edited by aaid

On 3/15/2023 at 3:53 PM, Ally Bongo said:

It means absolutely nothing to me

The point is that Humza is going to take on Westminster to fight them blocking it

And

If after millions of pounds spent fighting it , The SG under Humza somehow wins and it becomes law,  then it would be illegal to call Isla Bryson a man

Is Wings wrong ?

Was this you?