SNP leadership election - Page 56 - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

SNP leadership election

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

15 minutes ago, aaid said:

10000 left, 72000 didn’t, doesn’t really fit your narrative. 

oh, and btw, anyone who refers to other members as “trans nut-jobs” is probably in the wrong party. 

SNP's membership fell bybaboot 20 % across 2021-22,then again by 12.6% in the last few months. Where was the plea from sturgeon? Weird no?

5 minutes ago, hampden_loon2878 said:

SNP's membership fell bybaboot 20 % across 2021-22,then again by 12.6% in the last few months. Where was the plea from sturgeon? Weird no?

Is this you?

42 minutes ago, aaid said:

10000 left, 72000 didn’t, doesn’t really fit your narrative. 

oh, and btw, anyone who refers to other members as “trans nut-jobs” is probably in the wrong party. 

You are right.  Most of the trans nut jobs are in the Greens.

and by the the way, thats not to say all trans are nut jobs, but the likesof “beth”, lauded by various idiots such as harvie, greer and cole-hamilton clearly is.

28 minutes ago, Orraloon said:

To give that 72,000 a wee bit of perspective - that number is still more than double the memberships of all the other parties put together.

Correct but the biggest bit of that memberships fall is that sturgeon never intervened like she did when 10 trans activists left, why that? 

On 3/12/2023 at 8:11 PM, aaid said:

It would appear that HL’s source is the Daily Express or maybe he is a Daily Express journalist.

https://www.scottishdailyexpress.co.uk/news/politics/snp-crisis-50000-members-desert-29436463

This is quoting a figure of 74,000 which is a leak from the company doing the online voting.  Who knows if that’s true or not but even if it is, it’s not the number of members.  It’s the number of members for who the SNP have an email address, that will be a high proportion but it will not be anywhere close to 100%.  It also claims the SNP “boasted about having 125,000” in 2019.  - so that’s where the number of 50k comes from.

The latest official numbers come from the annual report published last June and which recorded 104,000 members.  

That is of course after any former members left to join Alba.

Sounds like a pile of shite to me.

Narrator's voice: It was not a pile of shite.

5 hours ago, aaid said:

Who was responsible for that massive change in professionalism?

https://www.politics.co.uk/reference/peter-murrell-profile/

😅You shill for a money grub if you want to.  Clear as day he's not worth this money.  I used to think the SNP were a party for ordinary people, no longer if that's the attitude to its members money.  the success of the SNP has bugger all to do with Peter Murrell and everything to do with his wife, Salmond and a good marketing team whom have mostly left.

3 minutes ago, PapofGlencoe said:

😅You shill for a money grub if you want to.  Clear as day he's not worth this money.  I used to think the SNP were a party for ordinary people, no longer if that's the attitude to its members money.  the success of the SNP has bugger all to do with Peter Murrell and everything to do with his wife, Salmond and a good marketing team whom have mostly left.

My grandfather had all the old guard in his house multiple times, salmond, Robertson, murrell, macaskill ect,, I am glad he is not alive to see what murrell has made the party. So much hours of commitment from those old timers especially in Banff and Buchan, for what??! This fucking idiots to sabotage it. Peter was new into the job and that as far as another longtime activist whom I speak to was his first job, she can’t understand how he’s turned out like this. Kate needs to get this gig for the integrity of the party if nothing else 

33 minutes ago, hampden_loon2878 said:

My grandfather had all the old guard in his house multiple times, salmond, Robertson, murrell, macaskill ect,, I am glad he is not alive to see what murrell has made the party. So much hours of commitment from those old timers especially in Banff and Buchan, for what??! This fucking idiots to sabotage it. Peter was new into the job and that as far as another longtime activist whom I speak to was his first job, she can’t understand how he’s turned out like this. Kate needs to get this gig for the integrity of the party if nothing else 

Just seen info suggesting the party has lost 10,000 members since the start of this year alone.  At a time when independence support was supposedly increasing.  nothing to see here. all going swimmingly.  

3 hours ago, aaid said:

Is this you?

I'm quite sure it isn't HL, but in using the word "gay" as a pejorative it wouldn't surprise me if it was someone who has posted on the TAMB at some time or other! 😂

2 hours ago, Ally Bongo said:

FFS, he can't even make a cringey comment properly. The man's hopeless! 🤣

Just think on this

Nicola Sturgeon and the NEC knew beyond a shadow of a doubt about the unusual membership drop in such a short space of time

They would have to be fucking deaf and dumb not to be aware of it

And yet - she and they carried on regardless and never queried why it was happening

Instead - they hushed it up , lied when they were asked and pretended it wasnt happening

54 minutes ago, Ally Bongo said:

Just think on this

Nicola Sturgeon and the NEC knew beyond a shadow of a doubt about the unusual membership drop in such a short space of time

They would have to be fucking deaf and dumb not to be aware of it

And yet - she and they carried on regardless and never queried why it was happening

Instead - they hushed it up , lied when they were asked and pretended it wasnt happening

Exactly,I await in hope the cleansin flames of a Forbes win, the party needs it for its very survival  

41 minutes ago, aaid said:

No, I’m actually on Twitter under my own name.

He has a point though.  

Only if you think the SNP has nothing to answer for with regards lying and not bothering about membership decimation