The Referree / Var thread.. - Page 28 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

The Referree / Var thread..

48 minutes ago, vanderark14 said:

There are more issues surrounding var. 

Incorrect decisions aside.

The game between Aberdeen and Motherwell on Wednesday was a disgrace. Each aberdeen goal was checked, one of them took 3 minutes to check which diluted the celebrations of the goal. 

Aberdeen v Celtic, celtic player more than 2 yards offside, there is 0 need for a review yet VAR checked it. 

There is also not consistency in when certain incidents are checked. For example Tugs on shirts are checked sometimes but not always. Why not?

i'm sure there are tonnes of examples in other games which every fan could come up with.

Well there are 13 errors that they're admitting to in that report alone.  That one just stood out to me due to the amount of opportunities they had to get it right before finally admitting it was wrong (when it's far too late).  I actually feel sorry for the ref who got it right first time and was then put in a position where he is doubting his decision and sent down the wrong path.

• Replies 803
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

12 hours ago, Fairbairn said:

Well there are 13 errors that they're admitting to in that report alone.  That one just stood out to me due to the amount of opportunities they had to get it right before finally admitting it was wrong (when it's far too late).  I actually feel sorry for the ref who got it right first time and was then put in a position where he is doubting his decision and sent down the wrong path.

This.

18 hours ago, Fairbairn said:

The Marley Watkins assault after 5 seconds at pittodrie wasn’t even looked at, so that in the street and you could be looking at prison time. 

8 minutes ago, Fairbairn said:

Some terrible decisions at Rugby Park too. Looked to me like Killie should have had another penalty and we should probably have had one too for handball. Ref not sent to the screen for either. 

And another! If that’s not worth another look for handball by Mayo I don’t know what is. The decisions are getting worse with every passing week. 

1 hour ago, vanderark14 said:

That penalty for hearts......and clancy gave it after reviewing it ont the screen. 

It's mental 

1 hour ago, Fairbairn said:

Some terrible decisions at Rugby Park too. Looked to me like Killie should have had another penalty and we should probably have had one too for handball. Ref not sent to the screen for either. 

1 hour ago, Fairbairn said:

And another! If that’s not worth another look for handball by Mayo I don’t know what is. The decisions are getting worse with every passing week. 

Yep agree with both posts, Killie should have had a second and rangers should have had at least 1 of those if not both, especially considering the one killie did get. No consistency at all 

31 minutes ago, Fairbairn said:

We seem to be in a place now where any contact in the box is deemed a penalty. It’s ridiculous. 

I heard it on the radio, saw the comments on here and was expecting to see an absolute shocker but I can see why the penalty was given.

The Hibs players has made an attempt for the ball, the Hearts guy moves the ball and then the Hibs guy connects with the Hearts player. Its probably a foul outside the box and therefore can see why its a penalty.

The problem is most people have grown up at a time when penaltys had to be more than just fouled. They had to be over and above because they are effrctively a goal. With VAR and the new way of reffing the game, those days are gone.

Similar to the Hibs penalty conceeded against Celtic a few weeks back where nobody was even claiming for a penalty.

4 hours ago, Diamond Scot said:

I heard it on the radio, saw the comments on here and was expecting to see an absolute shocker but I can see why the penalty was given.

The Hibs players has made an attempt for the ball, the Hearts guy moves the ball and then the Hibs guy connects with the Hearts player. Its probably a foul outside the box and therefore can see why its a penalty.

The problem is most people have grown up at a time when penaltys had to be more than just fouled. They had to be over and above because they are effrctively a goal. With VAR and the new way of reffing the game, those days are gone.

Similar to the Hibs penalty conceeded against Celtic a few weeks back where nobody was even claiming for a penalty.

Away and don't talk pish, it's never a penalty

3 hours ago, Kirk said:

Away and don't talk pish, it's never a penalty

I never said it was a penalty. I said I can understand why it was given. Especially the way the game is being officiated these days.

What part of what I said was inaccurate? Did the Hibs player go for the ball? Yes, did he get the ball? No, Did the Hearts player move the ball out of the way. Yes. Did the Hibs player then connect with the Hearts players leg / foot? Yes.

The only part thats poor is the contact isnt enough to make the Hearts player go down but that could be said of alot of penalties these days.