The Referree / Var thread.. - Page 24 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

The Referree / Var thread..

19 minutes ago, vanderark14 said:

Contentious? It wasn't contentious at all. 

If we are talking about a very dubious decision I would understand, however this isn't contentious at all. This is Rangers pandering to the brain dead part of their support to cover for their loss yesterday. They lost because their striker is pish and couldn't score with a barrow load of fannies. 

This is not a good move by Rangers, staying quiet for once would be the right move, pick a fight where there is one. They could be opening a can of worms which could go against them.

Right you are mate.  

Rangers have done the right thing here, and more clubs need to be doing it.  Naisy was very vocal on our penalty decision not being awarded yesterday, its ridiculous.  We should be getting this highlighted more.

If it results in VAR audio being available, decisions like that yesterday or the Aberdeen pull in the LCF can be understood better.  

• Replies 803
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

10 minutes ago, Fairbairn said:

I’m sorry but that’s just nonsense. If that penalty shout and then the manner and reasoning of the offside decision had went in Rangers favour against Aberdeen, you and a few other Dons on here would have been, rightly, moaning about it for a couple of days at least. 

I’m still moaning about the penalty rangers got at pittodrie & the 2 stonewallers we didn’t get in the cup final ffs.

The var decision yesterday & the way it was explained reminds me of the farce over McToms goal against Spain, the way they’ve both been badly handled leaves var open to all sorts of accusations.

As has happened for many years the bigger more famous team usually gets the majority of contentious decisions in their favour & that’s what happened at parkheid 😜

1 hour ago, vanderark14 said:

Contentious? It wasn't contentious at all. 

If we are talking about a very dubious decision I would understand, however this isn't contentious at all. This is Rangers pandering to the brain dead part of their support to cover for their loss yesterday. They lost because their striker is pish and couldn't score with a barrow load of fannies. 

This is not a good move by Rangers, staying quiet for once would be the right move, pick a fight where there is one. They could be opening a can of worms which could go against them.

As I understand it, they are looking for clarity on the decision making process. They believe they were told one thing at the time and another later on. The audio would confirm which took place.

I dont like the way Rangers go about things. Making a big song and dance out of everything however there should be nothing wrong with asking the authorities to explain decisions. 

As ive said previously on multiple occasions, maybe if other clubs started doing the same and sticking up for their own club / supporters then the game might start to get rid of some of the errors that litter our football.

Ie, rather than moaning about ticket allocations, get together with other affected clubs and do something about it.

Well hopefully the eventual confirmation of offside will dispel the common belief that the VAR room is held in the Orange Lodge... If they ever wanted to hide anything, they would have given the penalty and never released imaged of Sima being offside.

The Offside images leading up to the handball weren't released until well into the second half, probably half an hour or so after the incident occurred including during half time. Philippe Clement's comments are that at no point during the first half via the fourth official for example, at half time or even until after the game were they given the explanation that the there was an offside in the build up. Sky Sports never had the images and all the pundits at half time were saying it was a penalty so it's nothing to do with the broadcast production coverage. So this is the point raised.

The point goes back to transparency and how this would remove a lot of confusion and help educate fans and bring them closer to the game. A lot of people on here appear to be blinded by their hatred of one team causing them to miss this exact point. 

We need to hear what's being said as it happens, just like rugby

Not what they've had 30 minutes, or whatever it maybe, to get their 'reasoning' together

Do that, and it will absolutely shine a light on the cheating cnuts

However, applying the rules consistently for all clubs will undoubtedly be the last thing these fukers want to do

The huns have an endless capacity for embarrassing themselves. The fact that Clement made a cunt of himself with his post match comments was an added bonus.

Of course, what he and they fail to focus on amidst all this shite over how a correct decision was arrived at, is their inability to expose a defence that contained Scales, Taylor and Welsh! Three players who shouldn’t be anywhere near a Celtic squad never mind starting eleven.

6 hours ago, slasher said:

The huns have an endless capacity for embarrassing themselves. The fact that Clement made a cunt of himself with his post match comments was an added bonus.

Of course, what he and they fail to focus on amidst all this shite over how a correct decision was arrived at, is their inability to expose a defence that contained Scales, Taylor and Welsh! Three players who shouldn’t be anywhere near a Celtic squad never mind starting eleven.

This shite annoys me, you can slate them all you want but they've turned up and played, many times and got Celtic good results.  Sometimes you need to give credit where it's due. 

14 hours ago, Kirk said:

This shite annoys me, you can slate them all you want but they've turned up and played, many times and got Celtic good results.  Sometimes you need to give credit where it's due. 

If there’s any credit due, it goes to the manager for getting a tune out of bang average players imo 👍

On 12/31/2023 at 3:11 PM, Fairbairn said:

I’m sorry but that’s just nonsense. If that penalty shout and then the manner and reasoning of the offside decision had went in Rangers favour against Aberdeen, you and a few other Dons on here would have been, rightly, moaning about it for a couple of days at least. 

Spot on. Yes, Rangers have a history of moaning and seeing conspiracy theories against them (just like others think it all goes in Gers favour) but surely we can all agree that greater transparency round VAR decisions would be a good thing.

5 minutes ago, Hertsscot said:

Spot on. Yes, Rangers have a history of moaning and seeing conspiracy theories against them (just like others think it all goes in Gers favour) but surely we can all agree that greater transparency round VAR decisions would be a good thing.

Yep exactly this. Need to switch the perspective to this rather than "these refs are cheating cunts" "the huns are so and so" etc etc which is the constant cycle of this bile 

Good to see rangers fans on board with transparency although I suspect many are not thinking how this will also bite them in the ass considering Rangers have been on the lucky end of loads of decisions lately. 

51 minutes ago, vanderark14 said:

Good to see rangers fans on board with transparency although I suspect many are not thinking how this will also bite them in the ass considering Rangers have been on the lucky end of loads of decisions lately. 

I'm on board with anything that improves the overall standard of officiating we've (Scottish football) been subjected to in recent times.

On 12/31/2023 at 3:11 PM, Fairbairn said:

The penalty claim by rangers during the old firm has been cleared up, there is no debate required. Rangers player offside therefore no penalty. There is no need to fire out statements whilst hauling sky sport into the mix.

Now let's look at the penalty incident in the league cup final. The aberdeen defender has his Jersey pulled which stops him from making a run for the ball - no penalty. This completely goes against penalties we've seem given to rangers lately. Rangers have zero right to feel aggrieved, aberdeen do. 

24 minutes ago, vanderark14 said:

The penalty claim by rangers during the old firm has been cleared up, there is no debate required. Rangers player offside therefore no penalty. There is no need to fire out statements whilst hauling sky sport into the mix.

Now let's look at the penalty incident in the league cup final. The aberdeen defender has his Jersey pulled which stops him from making a run for the ball - no penalty. This completely goes against penalties we've seem given to rangers lately. Rangers have zero right to feel aggrieved, aberdeen do. 

So you're telling me that if Aberdeen had been denied a penalty by being told some 30 minutes after the incident that it was due to an offside that was never mentioned at the time that you'd be completely OK with that? Given you're still griping about the one in the final (and I think you've got a case btw) you'll forgive me if I don't believe you. 

And if the end game of this is that we end up with greater transparency from officials and it results in Rangers suffering and all these supposed wrongs being righted then surely that's an end result that is good for the game and something you'd be encouraging?

9 minutes ago, Fairbairn said:

So you're telling me that if Aberdeen had been denied a penalty by being told some 30 minutes after the incident that it was due to an offside that was never mentioned at the time that you'd be completely OK with that? Given you're still griping about the one in the final (and I think you've got a case btw) you'll forgive me if I don't believe you. 

And if the end game of this is that we end up with greater transparency from officials and it results in Rangers suffering and all these supposed wrongs being righted then surely that's an end result that is good for the game and something you'd be encouraging?

If transparency happens then great, so long as it’s in every game for every team. Ideally we end up with what rugby has, live audible conversations between var and the on field officials, but I don’t think the Scottish football hierarchy will go that far.

55 minutes ago, Fairbairn said:

No I wouldn't feel aggrieved because the decision has been explained and justified. You've admitted yourself, aberdeen have a case. IMO rangers do night. The incidents are chalk and cheese 

22 minutes ago, vanderark14 said:

No I wouldn't feel aggrieved because the decision has been explained and justified. You've admitted yourself, aberdeen have a case. IMO rangers do night. The incidents are chalk and cheese 

Which brings us back to the question of why was no mention made of the offside at the time if that was the reason for not awarding the penalty? My understanding isn’t that Rangers aren’t debating whether it was a penalty or not, they are seeking clarification on the award of the offside decision and where it arrived in the process given it wasn’t mentioned till nearly 30 minutes after the incident. You surely have to admit that the officials dealt with it at the time was ludicrous and leaves them open to all sorts of questioning. To add further confusion, the screen at Parkhead said “Penalty Check” but if the check was actually for Offisde then why not say that? And I’m pretty  sure the game restarted with a goal kick when the only options would have been either penalty or free kick at the edge of the box where the offside happened?! It’s a complete clusterfuck and I fully understand why we’re challenging it and would encourage  other clubs to the same when faced with similar. 

1 hour ago, Fairbairn said:

There we have it. A penalty for Killie. Hopefully we can move on to the next conspiracy now. 

Nothing to see here. 😲 

6 hours ago, vanderark14 said:

You’re wasting your time. They want Collums head on a stick and they think they might have something on him here. All this pish about transparency is just a smokescreen. You only have to look at the reaction to todays penalty award for Killie. Apparently conceding on average a penalty every 60 games is normal……let’s move on etc etc 😂

36 minutes ago, slasher said:

You’re wasting your time. They want Collums head on a stick and they think they might have something on him here. All this pish about transparency is just a smokescreen. You only have to look at the reaction to todays penalty award for Killie. Apparently conceding on average a penalty every 60 games is normal……let’s move on etc etc 😂

They? I don’t speak for all Rangers fans. And while I think todays penalty was soft I’d have wanted it at the other end so no complaints from me there.