Indyref 2 (2) - Page 222 - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Indyref 2 (2)

Hillhead (Glasgow) by-election, 1st prefs:

Labour: 1298 (31.9%, +9.7)

Green: 1284 (31.5%, -4.7)

SNP: 1015 (24.9%, -3.7)

Con: 217 (5.3%, -1.4)

IGV: 133 (3.3%, new)

LD: 106 (2.6%, -2.8)

Independent: 22 (0.5%, new)

Green elected stage 7. First ever Green by-election victory.

• Replies 6.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

7 hours ago, Ally Bongo said:

Hillhead (Glasgow) by-election, 1st prefs:

Labour: 1298 (31.9%, +9.7)

Green: 1284 (31.5%, -4.7)

SNP: 1015 (24.9%, -3.7)

Con: 217 (5.3%, -1.4)

IGV: 133 (3.3%, new)

LD: 106 (2.6%, -2.8)

Independent: 22 (0.5%, new)

Green elected stage 7. First ever Green by-election victory.

I see IGV stood and cost the real greens a top spot 

IGV is a right wing holocaust denying party.

They cost the Greens 1 or 2 seats at Holyrude.

11 minutes ago, stocky said:

I'm sure the electoral commission were going to investigate that - must have suited them to let them keep the name

Has the SNP won any election since Humza took over ?

1 hour ago, stocky said:

The electoral commission should stamp out this blatant gerrymandering. 

If Humza wants to be in a job at the end of the year, he needs to change things radically.  Droppoing the gender stuff (despite other parties also backing it) would help a wee bit; stopping things like increasing the minimum alcohol price during a cost of living crisis would also help.  Ending the Bute House agreement would I think add a few percentage points.  If he doesn't do these things, he's in for a pasting in the general election.  Yousaf needs to remember what the raison d'etre of the SNP actually is rather than just continuing as a Sturgeon tribute act.  He's not going to win the election by pontificating about Gaza as a main policy plank.

On 2/29/2024 at 8:16 PM, DoonTheSlope said:

I’ll be taking no lectures from the likes of these pictures of health over whether or not my Boots meal deal and morning porridge is healthy or not

I can buy a bag of heroin and go to a nice cosy wee room and they’ll help me inject it. If they get their way I’ll not be allowed my chicken & bacon piece, packet of flame grilled beef McCoys and Lucozade original at dinner time or my porridge in the morning without getting taxed to the hilt for it

No chance of banning heroin though as that will have a detrimental effect on the family income

IMG_0384.jpeg

😄👍

Just had a crown fitted and a filling. Feeling a bit battered but cost me about £150. Just checked prices for NHS dentistry in England and it would have been well over twice as much. I'm just posting this as I think there's a lot of people in Scotland who don't realise some of the differences and take a lot of stuff for granted. We're so bombarded by a biased media it's easy to assume everything in Scotland in worse than down south.

Gerry Fisher has passed away

Another never to see Scottish Independence

image.jpeg.cbe88b63db39f3554a6d87680ffd7432.jpeg

Just when you think the SNP can't make many more fuck ups

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-scotland-politics-68591697

Any party serious about Independence would have got well rid of Leaky Liz Lloyd by now but even she knows Humza is a liability

4 hours ago, Ally Bongo said:

Any party serious about Independence would have got well rid of Leaky Liz Lloyd by now but even she knows Humza is a liability

What's humza done wrong here? 

Robin McAlpine wrote the other week that Humza's jaikit is rumoured to be on a shoogly peg, but despite the continual fuck-ups, crap poll ratings (both for the party and for him personally) and the string of by-election failures, I sensed no obvious animosity towards him from the inner sanctum of the party.

However, when an arch company-man like Wishart is publicly critical of the official line - and I've also seen a couple of happy-clapper types on Twitter questioning it too - it makes me think that perhaps there is something behind it after all.

Her and Wishart are saying that concentration on the Tories is wrong, albeit for different reasons. I think she is actually more supportive of Humza in that article than negative. I am not particularly impressed by the Tory focus either for the same reasons as LL, Tories up here are not the biggest threat. But, if I were in her position , I would never go on BBC Scotland and say that the SNP don’t want to take Labour full on as they would prefer Labour in at WM. FFS . 

4 hours ago, vanderark14 said:

What's humza done wrong here? 

As strategies go it is totally pathetic - unless of course between now and the GE there is a massive upsurge in the Tory vote within Scotland (There wont be)

You only have to look at the polls to see what the danger is - daft cunts in Scotland thinking British Labour is the answer

So the reality is that the large majority of Scottish seats this year will be fought out between the SNP and Labour, as the last echoes of the unusual blip in Tory popularity created by Ruth Davidson die away and normal service resumes.

Humza Yousaf, then, is lying in both the narrow and the broader underlying senses, because he thinks his voters are gullible idiots and because he thinks “TORIES BAD!” is the only even slightly credible message he has left. And in those two things, at least, he’s probably right.

https://wingsoverscotland.com/humza-yousaf-fact-check/#more-141858

At some point the "Kick the Tories Out" message will have to be followed up by a very strong message saying that Labour are are no different to the Tories. Labour are just copying every Tory policy in order to try to win over more traditional Tory voters down south. Whether that strategy will work is a different matter. 

Humza has inherited a very difficult situation which I think he has largely handled it quite well. I am fairly confident that the majority of active SNP members think the same.

But a lot of things are totally out of his control. There is a good chance that the fate of the SNP will be decided by Operation Branchform. The timing and outcome of this will be one of the biggest factors, IMO.

1 hour ago, Ally Bongo said:

As strategies go it is totally pathetic - unless of course between now and the GE there is a massive upsurge in the Tory vote within Scotland (There wont be)

You only have to look at the polls to see what the danger is - daft cunts in Scotland thinking British Labour is the answer

What is the current polling situation?