Indyref 2 (2) - Page 209 - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Indyref 2 (2)

• Replies 6.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, Squirrelhumper said:

I've  said this for months but I just don't think I'll vote. Absolutely scunnered with SNP, not voting Alba and never voting for any of the rest.

There's a danger that's how the rest get in though. For the last few elections round here it's been SNP or Tory. I don't fancy having the likes of Stephen Kerr as my MP again. The last two by-elections in this area have gone Tory but with a very low turnout. That's wealthy Dunblane/Bridge of Allan for you though with lots of folk moved there from England too. It just shows how the cuts and asset stripping have worked fine for some. They might as well put "I'm alright Jack" as an option on the ballot paper. 

There's also what @Orraloonsaid about voting being a big deal. I didn't get round to voting once about 20 years ago, can't remember why. I got loads of grief because of women struggling to get the vote in the first place and I regretted not taking it more seriously. 

36 minutes ago, StirlingEgg said:

There's a danger that's how the rest get in though. For the last few elections round here it's been SNP or Tory. I don't fancy having the likes of Stephen Kerr as my MP again. The last two by-elections in this area have gone Tory but with a very low turnout. That's wealthy Dunblane/Bridge of Allan for you though with lots of folk moved there from England too. It just shows how the cuts and asset stripping have worked fine for some. They might as well put "I'm alright Jack" as an option on the ballot paper. 

There's also what @Orraloonsaid about voting being a big deal. I didn't get round to voting once about 20 years ago, can't remember why. I got loads of grief because of women struggling to get the vote in the first place and I regretted not taking it more seriously. 

Get that, i also think that SNP have become reliant on folk thinking that way and the direction of the party have shown this. I have zero belief that the current SNP could get anywhere near delivering a referendum, never mind a majority. Sad state of affairs but it's largely self inflicted. 

7 minutes ago, Squirrelhumper said:

Get that, i also think that SNP have become reliant on folk thinking that way and the direction of the party have shown this. I have zero belief that the current SNP could get anywhere near delivering a referendum, never mind a majority. Sad state of affairs but it's largely self inflicted. 

There is no way to 'get' a referendum in this union anyway. The only way it is attainable in over 300 years is by Westminster granting it.

28 minutes ago, Caledonian Craig said:

There is no way to 'get' a referendum in this union anyway. The only way it is attainable in over 300 years is by Westminster granting it.

Which i guess might be the plausible in a hung parliament but i wouldn't bet on it even in that situation. 

1 hour ago, Ally Bongo said:

Alister Jack deleted ALL his Whatsapp messages and had a grand old chummy time at the enquiry

Hardly a peep

Nicola politicised the pandemic and she is a cow claimed Jack

image.jpeg.bb18ad0ce63719a15361a6bea3b588f3.jpeg

14 minutes ago, Squirrelhumper said:

Which i guess might be the plausible in a hung parliament but i wouldn't bet on it even in that situation. 

Agreed. There was a hung parliament in 2010 and it never brought about a referendum and although there was one in 1974 and no referendum there was not the support for independence then to the degree it is today.

16 hours ago, Grim Jim said:

Some of what the Wee Ginger Dug says (in tomorrow's National?):

They have cut off the head TWICE, and are currently destroying the independence movement, and some folk think letting Starmer's Brit Nat Tories take Scottish seats will be a good idea!

Have a wee think about it.

Spot on.  We are in a war of independence and the MSM are engaged in trying to sway opinion in Scotland - their aim is to dupe people into voting Labour - pro-brexit anti-indy Labour - and it seems that many gullible folk are falling for it.  Not voting at all is bad enough, but voting for these unionist cunts is beyond the pale.

In any upcoming election, the SNP need to put indy in the first like of their manifesto.  No ifs or buts.  Failing to do that would confirm that some at the top don't want it.  we need a statement that the indy movement as a whole can support - and that should include holding out an olive branch to the other pro-indy parties.

6 hours ago, TDYER63 said:

Totally agree.

I would like to know the grand plan of the ‘dont vote for the SNP ‘  independence supporters. 
Do people really think that ‘teaching them a wee lesson’ is in any way going to advance independence? When Labour are back in power in the UK and Scotland and supported by anti independence parties on all sides . 
I would like someone to elaborate on how this is going to work.

Spot on.  The SNP needs some changes on peripheral policies, but primarily it's a force for indy or it's nothing.  And if the SNP flops at the next election, it will be used against us for years.

3 hours ago, Squirrelhumper said:

I get that and i might change my mind. Just totally disillusioned by politics in general. Large part of that is the SNP sleepwalking the past few years and little, if any, talk of how we get independence.  

I don't think the SNP can get us independence on their own. I think we are totally relying on voters in England allowing us another chance. But we need a reasonable number of SNP MPs if we want to make use of that chance whenever (if ever) it might happen.

2 hours ago, Alibi said:

Spot on.  We are in a war of independence and the MSM are engaged in trying to sway opinion in Scotland - their aim is to dupe people into voting Labour - pro-brexit anti-indy Labour - and it seems that many gullible folk are falling for it.  Not voting at all is bad enough, but voting for these unionist cunts is beyond the pale.

In any upcoming election, the SNP need to put indy in the first like of their manifesto.  No ifs or buts.  Failing to do that would confirm that some at the top don't want it.  we need a statement that the indy movement as a whole can support - and that should include holding out an olive branch to the other pro-indy parties.

you make it sound like a coordinated unionist conspiracy.  I will probably vote Tory.

16 minutes ago, Malcolm said:

you make it sound like a coordinated unionist conspiracy. 

Every election after the 2015 GE has been a coordinated unionist tactical vote in Scotland

It's why there has to be a Scotland United ticket  

3 hours ago, Alibi said:

This is crucial . Their lack of effort to work with other parties is probably the thing that infuriates me the most. 
If they continue to deny the threat to independence through stubbornness and petty differences then they may as well shut up shop.

Some indy supporters need to take a look at themselves too. We are in a situation where unionists are united and actually prepared to vote for ANY party to get the SNP out , and we have independence supporters saying ‘if you want independence dont vote for the SNP’ . 

From where I am sitting there is only one outcome from those two actions, and it’s not independence . 

The difference in the treatment of NS and Alister Jack must be blatantly obvious to even the most blinkered unionist.  The UK inquiry has been set up as a "get the SNP" charade; a de facto show trial worthy of soviet Russia.  They don't give a fuck about the inconsistencies in how different folk are treated.  FMQ today was ridiculous with Ross and Sarwar eager to put the boot in.  I amn't by any means a Sturgeon loyalist, but the way she is being vilified is like something from the McCarthy era in the USA.

1 hour ago, TDYER63 said:

😆

IMG_9287.jpeg.bda62edefc9fbc4357d8b281311e9f51.jpeg

Malcolm just proved my point. Unionists and house jocks think it's too far fetched to be a unionist conspiracy against the snp, even when it's blatantly obvious what's happening. 

Where to start . I think there will be a political quickening this year and the last general election for the UK .

Scotland needs one candidate for independence in however few dozen MPs they allow Scotland in London. If there’s not a credible candidate within each constituency I would be amazed. Crowd fund . A lot of the candidates will be nominated yet self proposal should not be a reason for exclusion.