Indyref 2 (2) - Page 34 - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Indyref 2 (2)

2 hours ago, PapofGlencoe said:

Shocked to read Aaid thinks Blackmans post was great banter.

I do actually enjoy your posts and thoughtful analysis but take a day off buddy from the SNP PR job.  It's tone deaf mince.:lol:

Maybe you can take a day off from analysing opinion polls.  

• Replies 6.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

19 hours ago, Freeedom said:

How many people need to die unnecessarily this winter because the SNP can't allocate their budget priorities correctly?

14 hours ago, Tartan_Tonna said:

The Nicola Sturgeon trade Union, negotiating strategy. 

She's laughing at each and every one of us. While kirsty blackman mocks the poor. 

Stand firm against the Scottish government self preservation society. Solidarity with the workers. 

img_1_1670592196207.jpg

lay aff the drugs

14 hours ago, Tartan_Tonna said:

Might as well start the application for the 60K. 

I'm a drug addicted, homeless single mother that self identifies as female, for child benefits and disability allowance with split personality disorder. While fleeing conflict, from Ukraine as a refugee, called Mx. Shirley Bassey, sexuality as non binary.  I want a free house. The free laptop and the baby box as member of the world's most priveleged victim group. 

That should be enough woke points to catch the SNPs attention as you don't need any qualifications. 

All aboard the Scottish Government welfare state. Its a self preservation society. 

Can't deliver ferries. Can't produce census.

Can't negotiate with the trade unions and pay workers the respect they deserve. 

But can pay her carrot dangler 60K

Thats the Nicola Sturgeon negotiation philosophy. 

All aboard. Giddy up. 

Are you just ignoring all the other folk that earn a wage? 

13 hours ago, Malcolm said:

you mean for having a different view from the bog standard ta lefty, pro independence view?

Pro independence doesn't mean lefty. I am certainly no lefty

11 hours ago, Malcolm said:

you are right… they are incompetent in addition to being lefty, woke and green.

I dislike all four aspects of the above.

Why are they incompetent? Because they've made mistakes? wow a government who makes mistakes, I am shocked. Like most unionists you scrutinise the shit out of the SNP and any mistake = can't run our own country.

Whats wrong with Green policies if they protect the environment YOU live in. 

1 hour ago, vanderark14 said:

Pro independence doesn't mean lefty. I am certainly no lefty

Why are they incompetent? Because they've made mistakes? wow a government who makes mistakes, I am shocked. Like most unionists you scrutinise the shit out of the SNP and any mistake = can't run our own country.

Whats wrong with Green policies if they protect the environment YOU live in. 

Spot on. The UK has been governed by rank incompetent governments for decades but does not stop them being an independent country.

Polls are great but let's see them in a few months. 

The SNP better keep up the fiesty referendum/supreme court rhetoric, and keep nailing Labour about their lacklustre Lord reform (they'll never get rid of them; just be their time to fill them up with Labour-friendly Michelle Mone types when Starmer is PM).

3 minutes ago, hampden_loon2878 said:

I hope to god the SG don’t intend on upping the tax burden on the mid earners next week, especially if they intend holding a referendum in the near future. That would be a disaster for the vision and arguments going into it. Pretty much an open goal for the unionists 

20 hours ago, Freeedom said:

News flash! Dealing with the cost of living crisis and stopping people freezing to death is unionist politics.

I understand the party have become a lot more moderate and middle class in recent years but letting people freeze to death seems a little bit Tory to me.

Welcome to John Swinney's world.

5 minutes ago, Malcolm said:

voted yes in 2014.

So, if that is the case, I am puzzled as to you now wish to remain in the UK given the total crapfest the UK has become in those eight years. I am staggered if you thought independence should happen in 2014 but not now when the UK is riddled with enormous inflation (unlike 2014), riddled with mass strikes (unlike in 2014), has rank incompetent governance in Westminster (more so than in 2014) and we are out of the EU (unlike in 2014) which has caused prices to rise (independence seems quickest route back into the EU).

Very interested to hear why you put more faith in the union today. And remember we are voting for Scottish independence and the right to choose our own government and it is not a vote for the SNP so your thoughts and hatred of them is irrelevant. Besides independence offers the best chance to be rid of the SNP if that is your wish. Remaining in the union will maintain SNP's position in power.

3 hours ago, aaid said:

Welcome to John Swinney's world.

Yes it’s extremely difficult, I am fortunate enough to make a good living and would pay that bit more however you can see it a mile away what the unionist would run with in a referendum in the near future, vote yes for more taxation. They already spin that narrative and would be more convincing in that scenario if tax is increased  

1 hour ago, Caledonian Craig said:

So, if that is the case, I am puzzled as to you now wish to remain in the UK given the total crapfest the UK has become in those eight years. I am staggered if you thought independence should happen in 2014 but not now when the UK is riddled with enormous inflation (unlike 2014), riddled with mass strikes (unlike in 2014), has rank incompetent governance in Westminster (more so than in 2014) and we are out of the EU (unlike in 2014) which has caused prices to rise (independence seems quickest route back into the EU).

Very interested to hear why you put more faith in the union today. And remember we are voting for Scottish independence and the right to choose our own government and it is not a vote for the SNP so your thoughts and hatred of them is irrelevant. Besides independence offers the best chance to be rid of the SNP if that is your wish. Remaining in the union will maintain SNP's position in power.

i have said that I’m undecided and on the fence just now.  ideologically I’m a yes voter in that I like the idea of self determination, but I’m unconvinced about what will become of us post dissolution of the union.  I was a no voter up until a few weeks before the election so was undecided then too.

What’s changed in Scotland since then is the influence of the loony left Green Party….  Setting aside money for climate reparations- joke.  Gender reform bill - joke.  Money wasted on various groups under the name of diversity- joke.  Talk of 20 minute cities at local government level - joke.  Wealth tax advocated by the greens - joke.  I could go on…

everything is focused on reducing inequality (for that read taxing the rich not rewarding people in to work), and climate change (which given putins illegal war in Ukraine needs to be done differently) - I am all in favour of nuclear power but snp/greens are against it.

36 minutes ago, Malcolm said:

i have said that I’m undecided and on the fence just now.  ideologically I’m a yes voter in that I like the idea of self determination, but I’m unconvinced about what will become of us post dissolution of the union.  I was a no voter up until a few weeks before the election so was undecided then too.

What’s changed in Scotland since then is the influence of the loony left Green Party….  Setting aside money for climate reparations- joke.  Gender reform bill - joke.  Money wasted on various groups under the name of diversity- joke.  Talk of 20 minute cities at local government level - joke.  Wealth tax advocated by the greens - joke.  I could go on…

everything is focused on reducing inequality (for that read taxing the rich not rewarding people in to work), and climate change (which given putins illegal war in Ukraine needs to be done differently) - I am all in favour of nuclear power but snp/greens are against it.

So I take it you are more than happy with the way Westminster has governed over the last few years? Mind-boggling.

45 minutes ago, Caledonian Craig said:

So I take it you are more than happy with the way Westminster has governed over the last few years? Mind-boggling.

no, they have made an arse of things.  The most important thing is the economy and they fucked it up.  Brexit - a disaster, trussanomics - another disaster.

the reality we face now is that people will have to accept a lower standard of living for some time. That includes nurses, teachers, railway workers, and everyone else striking.   we will all need to be poorer now until we overcome global challenges such as putins illegal war in Ukraine and the impact of Brexit.

1 minute ago, Malcolm said:

no, they have made an arse of things.  The most important thing is the economy and they fucked it up.  Brexit - a disaster, trussanomics - another disaster.

the reality we face now is that people will have to accept a lower standard of living for some time. That includes nurses, teachers, railway workers, and everyone else striking.   we will all need to be poorer now until we overcome global challenges such as putins illegal war in Ukraine and the impact of Brexit.

And those are all factors of being in this union so it makes no logical sense to wish to remain. Yes there are strikes in Scotland too but at least the Scottish Government willing and able to resolve some such as the ScotRail strike (resolved) and at least the nurses were given an offer they felt worthy to consider. The Tories will not move to resolve strikes. It is not in their mentality or their beliefs.

4 minutes ago, Caledonian Craig said:

And those are all factors of being in this union so it makes no logical sense to wish to remain. Yes there are strikes in Scotland too but at least the Scottish Government willing and able to resolve some such as the ScotRail strike (resolved) and at least the nurses were given an offer they felt worthy to consider. The Tories will not move to resolve strikes. It is not in their mentality or their beliefs.

im don’t think we should be offering inflation level rises. We can’t afford it. 

4 minutes ago, Malcolm said:

My point is these strikes are a construct of Tory/Unionist governments.

Look at the railways and Royal Mail. Constructs of privatisation - a system that sees shareholders and high-end managers raking in huge bonuses and hand-outs in the hundreds of millions of pounds whilst the workforce that brings in those profits are given jack shit. You tell me that is fair? Anyone with a brain knows it is not.

And that sort of profiteering makes me puke. It is in the Tory DNA. It is why privatisation came about and the vast majority of these companies, I'll guarantee you have a Tory shareholder somewhere reaping vast profits. Privatisation is a big root cause of your high energy bills - France does not have them because they have a state-owned energy company ordered to cap bills. The rail network has failed too - just look at the major TOC's now back in government hands and other TOC's in disarray such as Avanti. Royal Mail too is rife with corrupt shareholders milking all the profits whilst the workers can sod off as far as a decent pay rise is concerned.

Anyone that supports Toryism supports this kind of warped corporate greed where the rich get richer and the poor gets poorer. And Tory governments are guaranteed now as Labour policies are that of the Tories of ten years ago.

Stuff the union. I have morals.

19 hours ago, aaid said:

Maybe you can take a day off from analysing opinion polls.  

I go weeks, months, years even without commenting on this forum with a flurry of activity here and there.  Ive no idea what this is even supposed to mean haha.

Anyway, the polls have been encouraging and long may it continue.   We are mostly on the same side on this forum.

1 hour ago, Malcolm said:

Agree.  For example, Teachers are well paid and the well paid need to take a share of the load in times of near hyper inflation.  There was a note on the BBC with the Union claiming they'd lost out on £50,000 over the last ten years due to increases not matching inflation.  As 80% of teachers are on more than £41k a year (many on a lot more than that) they are in effect saying they should be on 80-100k a year.  Have they no awareness of the median wage of people in the country?  Crazy.

They get paid a good wage and deserve it but don't deserve more.  It actually boild my blood that those who really do need a wage rise are given less attention.

Edited by PapofGlencoe

18 minutes ago, phart said:

I thought £41k was the highest bracket for a teacher , point 5, maybe 80% of teachers are in the highest point bracket then. Where's the numbers coming from?

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-63759720.amp

Numbers here and the 20% on less than 41k figure comes direct from the EIS.

They move up very quickly onto the higher grade salary.  

I had to look twice at the 50k they claim on average to have lost "on top of the salary".  Couldn't believe they thought that was justified.  That's on the BBC as well.  

My family is bursting with teachers and I hope they get a good wage, it is in my interest but jaysus they need to get some awareness.  They should be on a good deal more than the median salary...and they are.

Edited by PapofGlencoe