Season 22/23 - Page 111 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

12 minutes ago, SamP said:

One day hopefully Rangers and Celtic wont be here in Scottish football.  

Unless they are planning to move from Glasgow they will always be here.

Old Firm playing in a UK or European superleague would still hog the vast majority of supporters, media coverage and cash circulating in Scottish football. 

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

9 minutes ago, fringo said:

It's also fairly meaningless as (I think) many/most major leagues do not have a league cup so only a double is possible.

World record my a*se.

Correct Fringo.  It means nothing in comparison.  But football fans are a fickle sort.  The Cellic fans will believe that and celebrate it.  And quite rightly.  We all like to celebrate our teams no matter how we feel.  Just about to fone my two brothers inlaw and congratulate them.  Gits lol.

7 minutes ago, dan cake said:

What did Hibs bottle they were shite all season?

If he is talking about Hibs play off game against the Accies then they never bottled that either - Outplayed in the 2nd leg

3 minutes ago, Hertsscot said:

Well done to the Staggies but I feel sorry for the Jags who have had such a good run in the play offs and have been very entertaining to watch.

Well done County, there’s already to many Glasgow teams in the SPL 👏👏👏

12 minutes ago, Hertsscot said:

Well done to the Staggies but I feel sorry for the Jags who have had such a good run in the play offs and have been very entertaining to watch.

Agreed, not sure it’s fair they had to play 4 games more (in a short space of time) than Ross County tho. Football can be brutal at times but they really should have finished the tie in the first leg

9 minutes ago, dan cake said:

Agreed, not sure it’s fair they had to play 4 games more (in a short space of time) than Ross County tho. Football can be brutal at times but they really should have finished the tie in the first leg

Putting the top three and 2nd bottom into two semi finals and a final would be better IMO

9 minutes ago, dan cake said:

Not winning by more on Thursday has cost us.

Did think though their penalty was soft but losing the 2nd so soon after kick off has killed us.

Bannigan should have scored in extra time and Docherty should be embarrassed with his penalty. 

24 minutes ago, CumbernauldJag said:

Not winning by more on Thursday has cost us.

Did think though their penalty was soft but losing the 2nd so soon after kick off has killed us.

Bannigan should have scored in extra time and Docherty should be embarrassed with his penalty. 

I assume Docherty is the guy that missed in sudden death? I’m that situation, every penalty should be laced, it’s far too important to try and be smart. 

26 minutes ago, vanderark14 said:

Putting the top three and 2nd bottom into two semi finals and a final would be better IMO

The format definitely suits the team in the Premiership and just makes the league a bit more predictable, not only who wins it but who is in it.

4 hours ago, dan cake said:

Agreed, not sure it’s fair they had to play 4 games more (in a short space of time) than Ross County tho. 

Only 2 games more. Championship stops 2 weeks earlier than the Premiership (2nd place Championship team would play as many matches as 11th in the Prem).

What an absolutely insane game. Thistle's rivals are going to have a banter field day next season. If they can carry on recent form they'll win the division easily though.

17 minutes ago, Toepoke said:

Only 2 games more. Championship stops 2 weeks earlier than the Premiership (2nd place Championship team would play as many matches as 11th in the Prem).

What an absolutely insane game. Thistle's rivals are going to have a banter field day next season. If they can carry on recent form they'll win the division easily though.

Just watched the highlights

Have no love for the Thistle luvvies however it's no wonder they are fucking raging

The penalty decision to let County back into the game was ridiculous made worse by the one that wasnt given to Thistle