Steve Clarke Fuck Off - Page 14 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Steve Clarke Fuck Off

kumnio

• Replies 710
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As soon as i saw the line up like many others this was my first thought

He is going to repeat the same billy big noise mistakes of previous Scotland managers by "thinking outside the box" that leads to disaster

Only consolation is it's not the opening game of a finals or a meaningful game

11 minutes ago, Ally Bongo said:

As soon as i saw the line up like many others this was my first thought

He is going to repeat the same billy big noise mistakes of previous Scotland managers by "thinking outside the box" that leads to disaster

Only consolation is it's not the opening game of a finals or a meaningful game

Edit - sack arguing with someone so cluelessĀ 

Edited by vanderark14

I think he needs to start culling some of the members in the squad who are clearly not good enough or are past it, Taylor, McLean, Jack, Brown for starters.Ā 
I also think he needs to start Ā  adjusting his team selections when we are playing big, physical, athletic teams like Norway and stop putting out teams that will struggle to match their physicality, Ā when we have players who are taller, stronger, more athletic on the bench.Ā 

Edited by Scot1

I think Clark is the best ever Scotland manager however he does make some decisions that appear strange from the outside.

We have had 2 competitive but ultimately meaningless games and he has started Christie then Armstrong. He know what both of these guys can do. They will both be going to Germany. Why not start Ferguson in one of the games?

I wantes Shankland to start tonight but can see the merit in starting Brown however with 25 to go why bring on Dykes instead of Shankland. Like above Dkyes and Adams are on the plane. We now are abit clearer whether Brown can play the role but still no idea about Shankland.

He takes the captain of U21 away from 2 tough away games (Doig) and then doesnt get any minutes. We know Taylors ceiling. We dont know Doigs so wheres the harm in giving him 30 mins in either game.

Personally id rather we lost tonight with Ferguson, Shankland, Brown, Doig and maybe even Doak getting significant gametime than won by playing the guys who we know what they can do.

12 minutes ago, Diamond Scot said:

I think Clark is the best ever Scotland manager however he does make some decisions that appear strange from the outside.

We have had 2 competitive but ultimately meaningless games and he has started Christie then Armstrong. He know what both of these guys can do. They will both be going to Germany. Why not start Ferguson in one of the games?

I wantes Shankland to start tonight but can see the merit in starting Brown however with 25 to go why bring on Dykes instead of Shankland. Like above Dkyes and Adams are on the plane. We now are abit clearer whether Brown can play the role but still no idea about Shankland.

He takes the captain of U21 away from 2 tough away games (Doig) and then doesnt get any minutes. We know Taylors ceiling. We dont know Doigs so wheres the harm in giving him 30 mins in either game.

Personally id rather we lost tonight with Ferguson, Shankland, Brown, Doig and maybe even Doak getting significant gametime than won by playing the guys who we know what they can do.

I agree with pretty much all of that. I think shankland especially deserved a bit more gametime.Ā 

31 minutes ago, Diamond Scot said:

I also agree with a lot of that apart from the bit about the games being meaningless competitive ones. We could have squeaked into pot 2 tonight which would have been well worth the effort.Ā 
On Shankland, heā€™s definitely going to get the chance in pre Euro friendlies and so will Ferguson and deservedly so. Doig is so far down the pecking order itā€™s barely worth talking about.Ā 
On Doak, I know how desperate Celtic were to keep him but how big a step is it from Liverpool youth team to the Euros? Heā€™s literally made one appearance this season, talk of him even being in the squad unless that changes is ridiculous!

13 minutes ago, slasher said:

I also agree with a lot of that apart from the bit about the games being meaningless competitive ones. We could have squeaked into pot 2 tonight which would have been well worth the effort.Ā 
On Shankland, heā€™s definitely going to get the chance in pre Euro friendlies and so will Ferguson and deservedly so. Doig is so far down the pecking order itā€™s barely worth talking about.Ā 
On Doak, I know how desperate Celtic were to keep him but how big a step is it from Liverpool youth team to the Euros? Heā€™s literally made one appearance this season, talk of him even being in the squad unless that changes is ridiculous!

As meaningless as competitive games go for us. Pot 3 is actually better than pot 2 anyway.

Agree regarding Doig but its still a strange / frustrating decision.

Doak was used purely as an example. I dont think he has done enough for a call up nor do I think he will be in the Euros squad but I do 100% think he will be a Scotland player so why not give him some game time tonight rather than McLean or even Christie / Armstrong.

Not every game is a must win. Sometimes you can learn more by holding your go to guys back and seeing what others can or cant do.

29 minutes ago, slasher said:

I don't think Doak is ready yet either but tbf to him, he's started all but one of Liverpool's Europa League games so far. Although he hasn't looked out place he hasn't set the heather alight either though.

• 4 months later...
10 minutes ago, Ally Bongo said:

Fucking shameful to lose a goal against that mob

Why would you resurrect this thread? Just post on the match thread.

Clarke has done a good job for us no question. However, is this partly due to having some of the best players we've had since the late 90's?

I like him as a guy and is a great fit for Scotland but some of his decisions really are baffling and he is far too safe/loyal to players for my liking, wishing he was more ruthless because I just can't see us progressing any further than where we are at the minute as he is no willing to try anything different

28 minutes ago, vanderark14 said:

Why would you resurrect this thread? Just post on the match thread.

Two reasons

1 - Reverse Jinx

2 - Getting it ready for full time - because make no bones about it,Ā  defeat raises serious questionsĀ 

"defeat raises serious questionsĀ " - it sure does.Ā  I've been vocal supporter of Clarke but not I am messaging close pals saying might he be out the door?Ā Ā 

4 minutes ago, romanticscot said:

"defeat raises serious questionsĀ " - it sure does.Ā  I've been vocal supporter of Clarke but not I am messaging close pals saying might he be out the door?Ā Ā 

No, he won't. Cmon now.

Im obviously not his biggest fan, but he will be here for the Euros, there isn't any question over that IMO.

17 minutes ago, kumnio said:

No, he won't. Cmon now.

Im obviously not his biggest fan, but he will be here for the Euros, there isn't any question over that IMO.

In fairness not many countries would hang onto a manager after the string of results like that

We will - failure is acceptable

Edited by Ally Bongo

5 minutes ago, Ally Bongo said:

In fairness not many countries would hang onto a manager after the string of results like that

Failure? Are you honestly this fucking stupid.Ā 

We qualified with games to spare, the rest of the games have been dead rubbers and friendlies.

Ā 

4 minutes ago, Ally Bongo said:

He should have been sacked after Dublin, Id guess thats when I started this thread.

He won't be sacked now, even after a run of 7 games without a win, during which we have played Spain, England, France & Netherlands. Personally think that the Georgia away and Norway at home games were pretty dismal, and obviously tonight was worse than that.

When Clarke gets it right, Spain at home, Denmark at home for example, we can be very good. But we are incredibly poor at times under him, and he looks clueless in regards of how to change things. IMO, he is holding us back, and we would get more from this squad with another manager. I know that some will disagree, especially the Steve Clarke loyal, but its my opinion.