Steve Clarke Fuck Off - Page 11 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Steve Clarke Fuck Off

kumnio

• Replies 710
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

11 minutes ago, Ally Bongo said:

I was about to say Georgia are shite  (based on them beating Gibraltar 2-1)

However looking back their other results are quite impressive 

How is it when Scotland get drawn against these "minnows" it always seems to be when they are having a Golden Generation ?

Still think that if we play positive tomorrow we will gub them

I would worry about going to Georgia and putting in a similar performance like we did v Norway - think they would have skelped us

I don’t think Georgia can be described as minnows. I don’t think they travel very well (historically anyway) which is why they have never qualified for anything and why their ranking tends to be pretty poor but as we know only too well they are difficult to beat in Georgia and are no pushovers at home either. 

1 minute ago, Texas Pete said:

Doesn’t mean it’s guaranteed though does it? 

Assuming (and it’s a dangerous assumption) Spain beat Georgia twice and also win in Norway then then if we draw with Georgia tomorrow night then Norway can get a maximum of 13 points and Georgia can get a maximum of 14 (obviously both couldn’t happen) so we’d be looking to get a minimum of 15 points (5 from our last 4 games). 

Doable but not guaranteed. A couple of bad results and things could start to get pretty nervy. 

I personally think we will qualify but we still need some good performances and positive results to get there. 

Well i said if we beat georgia its guaranteed, we get a draw then we are still strong favourites to qualify. Surely you would agree with that.

5 minutes ago, mccaughey85 said:

Well we would have 12 points. It would be close to impossible for us to fuck up that position. I suppose theres a tiny chance but its highly unlikely imo.

So not at all 'guaranteed' then.

Edited by Barney Rubble

1 minute ago, mccaughey85 said:

Well in my opinion we would be guaranteed.

You might think otherwise. 

You have a very poor understanding of mathematics and probability theory.

Speaking as a Partick Thistle and Scotland fan, the last fourteen days have reinforced that NOTHING is impossible.

Just now, Barney Rubble said:

You have a very poor understanding of mathematics and probability theory.

Speaking as a Partick Thistle and Scotland fan, the last fourteen days have reinforced that NOTHING is impossible.

Lol have i pissed you off? Criticism of my maths skills is a low blow.

I think your guilty of spamming this thread.

38 minutes ago, mccaughey85 said:

Well i said if we beat georgia its guaranteed, we get a draw then we are still strong favourites to qualify. Surely you would agree with that.

You originally stated we were “pretty much guaranteed” to qualify right now. 

I have already agreed that we are strong favourites to qualify. We are not guaranteed to qualify if we win tomorrow night. We won’t even be guaranteed to qualify if we win our next 2 games. Would be very unlikely if we didn’t though. 

20 minutes ago, mccaughey85 said:

Well in my opinion we would be guaranteed.

You might think otherwise. 

You know what guaranteed means don’t you? 

It’s not a matter of opinion. 

Edited by Texas Pete

1 minute ago, Texas Pete said:

You originally stated we were “pretty much guaranteed” to qualify right now. 

I have already agreed that we are strong favourites to qualify. We are not guaranteed to qualify if we win tomorrow night. We won’t even be guaranteed to qualify if we win our next 2 games. Would be very unlikely if we didn’t though. 

You fancy taking the bet then?

2 hours ago, Ally Bongo said:

Aye - Judith was the member that resurrected the thread in a knobby fashion 

The thread was relevant to when it was posted and that's that - the majority of Scotland fans had saw enough to think it wasn't going to get better

And lets face it - stop the game in the 87th minute and the thread gets resurrected for other reasons

However we have now backed up the Spain result so it's now moot ...until 10pm tomorrow maybe

Sorry.

Never meant to upset anyone. 

I had no idea who the original poster was, far less trying to ridicule them for something posted a year ago.

Im havent been a regular poster on here for a number of years, so Im not really up to speed with who posts what.

I just happened to be bored one day and was clicking on unread posts and thought it was amusing how much things had changed in a year.

Kumnio, please accept my apology.

4 minutes ago, Judith said:

Kumnio, please accept my apology.

Kumnio can be a bit of a sore arse like most from Dundee so you would have probably been better doubling down 😁

2 minutes ago, Texas Pete said:

Fuckin hell mate. What age are you at all? 

I have already told you I think we will qualify. Why would I bet against that?

So you want to have a petty argument over the meaning of the word "guaranteed"?  Obviously nothing is guaranteed completely until its mathematically over but in my opinion we will definitely be going to germany if we beat georgia tomorrow night. Is that clear enough

I can see i have obviously pissed quite a few ppl off who now want to jump on my back for using the word "guaranteed".

Its brutal at times in here as this thread has shown ppl cant help but pile on like kids if they dont like someones opinions. 

4 minutes ago, mccaughey85 said:

So you want to have a petty argument over the meaning of the word "guaranteed"?  Obviously nothing is guaranteed completely until its mathematically over but in my opinion we will definitely be going to germany if we beat georgia tomorrow night. Is that clear enough

I can see i have obviously pissed quite a few ppl off who now want to jump on my back for using the word "guaranteed".

Its brutal at times in here as this thread has shown ppl cant help but pile on like kids if they dont like someones opinions. 

You said we were guaranteed right now. 3 games into the campaign. If you want to backtrack on that then fair enough. 

Just now, Texas Pete said:

You said we were guaranteed right now. 3 games into the campaign. If you want to backtrack on that then fair enough. 

Well perhaps guaranteed is the wrong word then but in my opinion we have an extremely high chance of qualifying as it stands right now.

If we beat georgia then i believe we definitely go to germany.

If you want to have a petty argument over the word "guaranteed" and wether i used it properly then fair enough. I am not interested in petty arguments. 

As for Backtracking, Jesus this place is tough at times. We all are scotland fans here, we should be celebrating our success not arguing over wether i used guaranteed wrong.

26 minutes ago, Ally Bongo said:

Kumnio can be a bit of a sore arse like most from Dundee so you would have probably been better doubling down 😁

Not really in my nature.

I do think we was wrong about Clarke last June off the back of what were admittedly 2 very poor results, but my intention wasnt to wind anyone up.

Anyway, glad we are all happy campers again. Until tomorrow night at least!

2 minutes ago, mccaughey85 said:

Well perhaps guaranteed is the wrong word then but in my opinion we have an extremely high chance of qualifying as it stands right now.

If we beat georgia then i believe we definitely go to germany.

If you want to have a petty argument over the word "guaranteed" and wether i used it properly then fair enough. I am not interested in petty arguments. 

As for Backtracking, Jesus this place is tough at times. We all are scotland fans here, we should be celebrating our success not arguing over wether i used guaranteed wrong.

If you’re going to come out with ridiculous statements then surely you expect to be challenged on them? That’s the nature of a message board. 

It has taken you several posts to admit we are not guaranteed to qualify at all. If you had done that straight away and clarified your opinion when queried on it then there would have been no arguments (petty or otherwise) whatsoever. 

If we beat Georgia tomorrow night then I agree that we are very likely to qualify. Part of me would still fear a collapse though so I won’t be counting any chickens even if we blooter Georgia 5-0. Now if we follow that up with a win in Cyprus then we will be more or less there. 

50 minutes ago, Texas Pete said:

If you’re going to come out with ridiculous statements then surely you expect to be challenged on them? That’s the nature of a message board. 

It has taken you several posts to admit we are not guaranteed to qualify at all. If you had done that straight away and clarified your opinion when queried on it then there would have been no arguments (petty or otherwise) whatsoever. 

If we beat Georgia tomorrow night then I agree that we are very likely to qualify. Part of me would still fear a collapse though so I won’t be counting any chickens even if we blooter Georgia 5-0. Now if we follow that up with a win in Cyprus then we will be more or less there. 

When i used the word guaranteed i assumed you would know that it was my opinion. I thought that was a given.

I base this opinion on how well we have played this last couple years and that we will only need to get 2/3 points from our remaining games if we beat georgia.

If you dont think we are guaranteed to qualify fair enough but trying to point score over something petty like the word guaranteed is sad imo.

Surely i shouldnt have to constantly reiterate that i am stating my opinion. That should be obvious.

6 minutes ago, ParisInAKilt said:

In Kumnio’s defence, it’s clearly an emotional post after a rough result and performance. I know I’ve muttered something similar a few times in anger but that’s why we’re just fans 😂

It wasnt just one result and performance - it was one result and performance added to the others particularly the home games in the Euros

Those two games plus the play off against Ukraine are still in the back of my head thinking the wheels could come off again but i have eaten humble pie

17 minutes ago, mccaughey85 said:

When i used the word guaranteed i assumed you would know that it was my opinion. I thought that was a given.

I base this opinion on how well we have played this last couple years and that we will only need to get 2/3 points from our remaining games if we beat georgia.

If you dont think we are guaranteed to qualify fair enough but trying to point score over something petty like the word guaranteed is sad imo.

Surely i shouldnt have to constantly reiterate that i am stating my opinion. That should be obvious.

At the risk of repeating myself, something being guaranteed is not a matter of opinion. 

That’s like me saying Scotland scored 2 goals on Saturday in my opinion. 

Something is either guaranteed or it isn’t. 

What if we win tomorrow but then play as badly as you think we did on Saturday in our last 4 games? Are we still certain to qualify in your opinion if that happens?   

3 hours ago, Ally Bongo said:

It wasnt just one result and performance - it was one result and performance added to the others particularly the home games in the Euros

Those two games plus the play off against Ukraine are still in the back of my head thinking the wheels could come off again but i have eaten humble pie

At the time kumnio made this post I was frustrated and disappointed with the Ireland and Ukraine results. However, I still felt we had the right man in the job and he had earned more time. He had got us back to a major tournament after over 20 years wait so two sub-standard performances did not justify me calling for him to be sacked. Sacking him would have set back the strides made and left us searching for a new manager when no obvious cndidates stood out. Pretty daft step to take.