Scotland Ukraine. Will it go head?…. - Page 19 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Scotland Ukraine. Will it go head?….

Malcolm

• Replies 939
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, irish said:

Apostle Welsh is their forum. 

Cheers for that. I just went on it and had a wee look. The Welsh are saying that the Scots are going nuts on Pie and Bovril Forum over the June 7 fixture date. Also mentioned they would rather play Scotland than Ukraine in the final... 

I would be amazed if we qualify now - our record in the second game of double headers is woeful without the winning team from other semi final having 2 and a half months to prepare for one game at home.

Appreciate this is all in context of a war going on in Ukraine so really this issue is completely unimportant, and that we may end up getting a bye if the war does not end before June (really hope the war ends asap).

But in a football context feels very unfair.

Just now, Gala Tartan Army (Borders) said:

I would be amazed if we qualify now - our record in the second game of double headers is woeful without the winning team from other semi final having 2 and a half months to prepare for one game at home.

Appreciate this is all in context of a war going on in Ukraine so really this issue is completely unimportant, and that we may end up getting a bye if the war does not end before June (really hope the war ends asap).

But in a football context feels very unfair.

Agree. Unfortunately the ship has sailed now.

I still believe we will get a bye. There’s no way this will be over by June.

J

1 hour ago, Tartan blood said:

"We can also confirm that, with the play-off semi-final between Wales v Austria going ahead in March, a friendly match away from home to the losing side will take place on 29 March"

At least we know we have game scheduled for March. A meaningless one, but better than none.

Better than none...you are f..king jocking of course.Just what we need a pointless shite friendly.They can f..k off with that.

2 minutes ago, thesaint said:

Better than none...you are f..king jocking of course.Just what we need a pointless shite friendly.They can f..k off with that.

Can you imagine how deflated the home fans will be? Better than the original idea, almost as bad as the third place playoff in the World Cup. 

Brutal.

J

5 minutes ago, thesaint said:

I’m with you on this one. Entirely. 

I’d like to play zero games in March now. One would have been acceptable but to play two just seems completely stupid. 

Give the players a well earned rest so they can have enjoy an important run in with their clubs and come back determined in June.

Fair enough meet up, train, bond… whatever they want to do but playing a match is stupid and travelling abroad is just ridiculous 

Edited by GaryWood34

28 minutes ago, GaryWood34 said:

I’d like to play zero games in March now. One would have been acceptable but to play two just seems completely stupid. 

Give the players a well earned rest so they can have enjoy an important run in with their clubs and come back determined in June.

Fair enough meet up, train, bond… whatever they want to do but playing a match is stupid and travelling abroad is just ridiculous 

Exactly.Utter pointless depressing games.Absolute BAG OF SHITE.

40 minutes ago, GaryWood34 said:

We have been saying for ages how difficult its been recently to have a look at new players or tweaks to formation because all of our games are competitive. 

This gives us a chance to bring in guys like Hickey. Maybe try another striker for 30 mins or so. Different combinations in midfield or defence.

9 minutes ago, Diamond Scot said:

We have been saying for ages how difficult its been recently to have a look at new players or tweaks to formation because all of our games are competitive. 

This gives us a chance to bring in guys like Hickey. Maybe try another striker for 30 mins or so. Different combinations in midfield or defence.

I respect that opinion however I don’t see now as the time to experiment. 

We have a settled 16/17 players who are on a high. These games could be momentum killers.

9 minutes ago, GaryWood34 said:

I respect that opinion however I don’t see now as the time to experiment. 

We have a settled 16/17 players who are on a high. These games could be momentum killers.

100 % correct.We have a confident group of players who seem comfortable with each other.Only Scotland could have a group of players who are playing well together and getting results,and for some bizarre reason try and change it.We must stick with the team as is and have confidence in their ability to get us to the world cup.As stated in post above,now is not the time to experiment.Plus of course,having sat through literally hundreds of them over the years,friendlies are f..ing torture and should be a thing of the past.No place for them .

4 minutes ago, scottincarlisle said:

I've been in & out all day. Am I right in thinking.

24th home friendly tbc

29th away to loser of Austria/wales

Ukraine tickets valid for new date????

24th - friendly TBC.  Home or away unknown, but previous suggestion of Poland seems logical. Someone on Twitter suggesting Poles want it over there which again seems logical if they can cut down on travel before their play-off final. 

29th - exactly as you say. 

Ukraine tickets remain valid for new date. 

Just now, AlfieMoon said:

I don’t see why people are so upset at the prospect of friendlies. 

Regardless of how weak or strong the squad, it’ll be a usual friendly/training exercise and have no major bearing on our progression. I don’t see what there is to lose. 

I think everyone is disappointed with plsying friendlies when we were all geared up for some massive meaningful games. Obviously not much can be done so it will have to do. Just a shame we couldnt squeeze in some nations league games instead.

9 minutes ago, AlfieMoon said:

I don’t see why people are so upset at the prospect of friendlies. 

Regardless of how weak or strong the squad, it’ll be a usual friendly/training exercise and have no major bearing on our progression. I don’t see what there is to lose. 

You have just gave the reason why friendlies are an abomination.A friendly/training exercise with no major bearing on our progression.A perfect description of why they are f..ing horrible Soul destroying Who want's to make the effort to go and watch that sort of shit.