Scottish players in action 21/22 - Page 361 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Scottish players in action 21/22

loanhead-tartan

It could be seen as Barnes covering his back for a switch after Southgate still shows no interest.  It would look weird if he was in the Scotland squad this month after saying that though, which would surely rule him out of the Euros.

I’ve never thought Gordon would play for Scotland, nor Livramento. 

Edited by adamntg

• Replies 9.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

9 hours ago, bdgsct said:

Well he won’t be playing International Football then ! 

Southgate will not select Barnes for this months games or the Euro’s for that matter and by the time the next tournament comes around ( World Cup 2026 ) Harvey Barnes will be closer to 29 

32 minutes ago, broraboy said:

Well he won’t be playing International Football then ! 

Southgate will not select Barnes for this months games or the Euro’s for that matter and by the time the next tournament comes around ( World Cup 2026 ) Harvey Barnes will be closer to 29 

Well I say good on him for sticking by his dream of playing for England. I won't criticize anyone for pursuing their dream.

2 hours ago, Caledonian Craig said:

Well I say good on him for sticking by his dream of playing for England. I won't criticize anyone for pursuing their dream.

Correct. Scotland would have been a tempting option for him to go to a tournament and he knocked it back. And comments suggest he has closed the door on it so good on him for being decisive.

Fair play to Barnes for nailing his colours to the mast and we should stop whoring ourselves out on cases like this.  

Can't see him getting a call up to the England squad at 26 given the talent they've got so if he changes his mind again if a World Cup is possible then we should say 'thanks but no thanks'.  I'd rather blood u21s and see what happens.   

Disappointing; I think he might have made a difference to our team. However, if he isn't interested and would rather cling onto faint hopes of making the England squad, then good luck to him - because considering he isn't even first pick for Newcastle at the moment, as well as the wealth of younger talent England have in his position, he'll need it!

8 hours ago, ThistleWhistle said:

Fair play to Barnes for nailing his colours to the mast and we should stop whoring ourselves out on cases like this.  

Can't see him getting a call up to the England squad at 26 given the talent they've got so if he changes his mind again if a World Cup is possible then we should say 'thanks but no thanks'.  I'd rather blood u21s and see what happens.   

100%.Time for chasing these chancers to stop.It's not as if they are Ronaldo or Maradona for f..ks sake.Harvey f..king Barnes.Really?

28 minutes ago, thesaint said:

100%.Time for chasing these chancers to stop.It's not as if they are Ronaldo or Maradona for f..ks sake.Harvey f..king Barnes.Really?

The reality of it all, he is closer to being Ronaldo than Dykes Adams Shankland Brown McBurnie etc etc 

Is he a chancer? The lad has just said ( apparently ) he wants to chase his dream of playing for Engerland - so make your mind up !! 

Edited by broraboy

1 minute ago, broraboy said:

The reality of it all, he is closer to being Ronaldo than Dykes Adams Shankland Brown McBurnie etc etc 

Is he a chancer? The lad has just said ( apparently ) he wants to chase his dream of playing for Engerland- so make your mind up !! 

But he is labelled a chancer becomes some (not him) have been prostituting him as Scottish international potentially. Those are the chancers not him.

Good...all the best Harvey

28 minutes ago, broraboy said:

Is he a chancer? The lad has just said ( apparently ) he wants to chase his dream of playing for Engerland - so make your mind up !! 

Good.Long may his dream last.

3 hours ago, syecosse said:

Cole Mckinnon came on for Rangers at Benfica for about 15 mins, seems to be getting a bit of praise on twitter. 

Worked hard & got a good shot block in. Don't know much about him but it's promising that Clement rates him highly enough to bring him on.

Souttar had a solid game apart from giving away what looked a soft pen for heading the ball onto his own arm.

Turnbull starting for Cardiff. They’re playing a 4/2/3/1 with Turnbull in the middle of the 3 attacking midfielders. I always thought that position would suit him better than playing in central midfield in a 4/3/3 which Celtic played. Lets hope we can look forward to seeing him produce his best football, I’ve always thought there is a good player there.

1 hour ago, Caledonian Craig said:

Kieran Tierney on as sub for Real Sociedad and he has an assist to their equaliser.

Great to hear, sounds like Sociedad are managing his fitness well, not pushing him to play 90 mins & risk another potential set back.

Patterson isn't even getting a few minutes these days, Dyche still kept a centre back playing at right back on even though Everton where 2-0 down at half time. Some Everton fans really not happy about his lack of chances.This situation really can't be good for the lads confidence.