Scottish players in action 21/22 - Page 354 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Scottish players in action 21/22

loanhead-tartan

28 minutes ago, BryanBlessed said:

When there was speculation about Ferguson moving to the EPL, it was generally bottom-half teams that were interested. McTominay has lost his place in a Man Utd team hitting form and probably aiming for the top four.  I can understand Man Utd dropping him as, finishing aside, he's probably not quite good enough for them and doesn't have enough to the rest of his game. However, I doubt Lewis Ferguson would get anywhere near the Man Utd starting XI either.  McTominay has that credit in the bank from the last campaign which other players, who should probably be dropped, don't.

I agree on Gilmour and Christie but I'd also like to see Souttar getting minutes in the friendlies as I think he could potentially take the place of Hendry or Porteous.

Of course, Shankland should be starting these upcoming games

Yeah, agree on Souttar. 

• Replies 9.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On 2/14/2024 at 3:19 AM, mccaughey85 said:

Shanklands second is a beautiful finish. 

Yeh it was, he also came across as a good character in the post match interview . Unless there's a dramatic loss of form or injury surely he goes to Germany.  

Adams ( 30 games, 10 goals, 4 assists)

Dykes ( 30, 5, 0) 

Conway( 29, 8, 0)

McBurnie(15, 4, 2)

Nisbet ( 28, 5, 0) 

Hardie (30, 12, 4)

Shankland ( 33, 24, 4)

Brown & Christie aren't centre forwards so I haven't listed them & really hope Clarke doesn't consider them to be either! 

I'm not a stats man generally as players play at different levels & I wasn't a a fan even a couple of months ago but it's impossible to ignore Shankland when you take into consideration the average seasons most of his competitors are having.

It's Adams & Shankland for me as if any established players squad place is under threat it should be Dykes though I know most of us love his attitude so let's hope he plays enough games & bags at least 2 or 3 goals before the end of the season to boost his confidence & make his selection justified.

33 minutes ago, BryanBlessed said:

When there was speculation about Ferguson moving to the EPL, it was generally bottom-half teams that were interested. McTominay has lost his place in a Man Utd team hitting form and probably aiming for the top four.  I can understand Man Utd dropping him as, finishing aside, he's probably not quite good enough for them and doesn't have enough to the rest of his game. However, I doubt Lewis Ferguson would get anywhere near the Man Utd starting XI either.  McTominay has that credit in the bank from the last campaign which other players, who should probably be dropped, don't.

I agree on Gilmour and Christie but I'd also like to see Souttar getting minutes in the friendlies as I think he could potentially take the place of Hendry or Porteous.

Of course, Shankland should be starting these upcoming games

Totally agree with everything you've written here 👌

I think Ferguson could be good enough for a team in the top half of the EPL, but with the general attitude of the English towards Scottish players and players coming from the SPL or other leagues, he’d have to start lower to prove himself first. Robertson went to Hull then took a while to establish himself at Liverpool, McGinn joined Villa in the championship, etc. Van Dijk had to prove himself at Southampton first before a bigger club took him on.

5 hours ago, theabsentee said:

Yeh it was, he also came across as a good character in the post match interview . Unless there's a dramatic loss of form or injury surely he goes to Germany.  

Adams ( 30 games, 10 goals, 4 assists)

Dykes ( 30, 5, 0) 

Conway( 29, 8, 0)

McBurnie(15, 4, 2)

Nisbet ( 28, 5, 0) 

Hardie (30, 12, 4)

Shankland ( 33, 24, 4)

Brown & Christie aren't centre forwards so I haven't listed them & really hope Clarke doesn't consider them to be either! 

I'm not a stats man generally as players play at different levels & I wasn't a a fan even a couple of months ago but it's impossible to ignore Shankland when you take into consideration the average seasons most of his competitors are having.

It's Adams & Shankland for me as if any established players squad place is under threat it should be Dykes though I know most of us love his attitude so let's hope he plays enough games & bags at least 2 or 3 goals before the end of the season to boost his confidence & make his selection justified.

Hard to argue with. I suppose there are two caveats in that Southampton have been doing much better than QPR and creating more chances and that Shankland plays in Scotland. Big mistake from Clarke not putting on Shankland earlier against Norway in my opinon. It might have been a dead rubber but less so than the upcoming friendlies. 

I hope Dykes proves us all wrong as he seems like a top guy and works really unselfishly for the team. I just want the half chances falling to Shankland!

2 hours ago, broraboy said:

Yes 

But also a Stuart Armstrong assist 👌🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿

Mom Armstrong, he has had a couple of poor games lately but was class tonight apparently, overall he is having a very good season.. 

Still got a big part to play for Scotland mostly from the bench.

Adams injured again but expected back next week.

1 hour ago, adamntg said:

How strong is his Scottishness?  Is he likely to switch if England come knocking?

No idea , all I know he has played at different age levels for both but has currently chose to play for us.

The other English born Man Utd 18 year old centre back Jack Kingdon plays for us due to his dad apparently .

What I have just read on the Man Utd forum is that currently it's Jack Fletcher of Darren's twin sons who is much higher rated, he is supposed to be exceptional but sadly & eager predictability he is the one who is currently playing for England.

7 minutes ago, Burj_Alba said:

Assist for Ralston today, could come into the equation if Hickey is not fit for June and Patterson spends his career on the Everton bench. Four Scottish players in Celtic line up today, most this season I think.  

I much prefer Archie Gray😉 

2 hours ago, ceudmilefailte said:

Managed a draw too. 

🤣

McLean played in the back 4 partnered by Hanley today. Not saying he should be ever start there for Scotland but having versatile players like him is a real asset especially with only a 23 man squad 

Northampton fans are claiming that Marc Leonard is the best player to ever play for them, previous loans include dom Calvert-Lewin and Kyle Walker, certainly a big season for him next season be it Brighton or another loan. Apparently been outstanding week in week out in league 1. 

1 hour ago, syecosse said:

Northampton fans are claiming that Marc Leonard is the best player to ever play for them, previous loans include dom Calvert-Lewin and Kyle Walker, certainly a big season for him next season be it Brighton or another loan. Apparently been outstanding week in week out in league 1. 

A shame he is a couple of weeks too old for the current under 21s! 

Karamoko Dembele also scored today in league 1…lots of high praise from Blackpool fans too. 

7 hours ago, syecosse said:

Looked at why Porteus was not in the squad, he is suspended, but it is not good reading by the Watford fans, they are definitely not fans of his it seems. 

Generally, shitey English teams like to blame their Scottish player/s for their failings

3 hours ago, syecosse said:

Just saw his goal, lovely strike 

looking at who scored he has all the characteristics to become a top player.