Scottish players in action 21/22 - Page 298 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Scottish players in action 21/22

loanhead-tartan

• Replies 9.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

15 minutes ago, Caledonian Craig said:

Craig Gordon played 30 minutes for Hearts B team last night. No ill-effects and made a decent save tipping a shot over the bar.

I know there’s not really much room for sentiment when it comes to these things, but if there’s one player that I’d love to see getting a cap at the euros, it’s Craig Gordon. What a servant he’s been for the country.

21 minutes ago, BookhouseBoys said:

I know there’s not really much room for sentiment when it comes to these things, but if there’s one player that I’d love to see getting a cap at the euros, it’s Craig Gordon. What a servant he’s been for the country.

And for those saying he is too old look at the likes of Gianluigi Buffon, Peter Shilton and Pat Jennings. All top keepers who played on into their 40s at the highest level.

4 minutes ago, Caledonian Craig said:

And for those saying he is too old look at the likes of Gianluigi Buffon, Peter Shilton and Pat Jennings. All top keepers who played on into their 40s at the highest level.

Aye and there's 10s of thousands that haven't played until that age, those three are also amongst the all time great keepers. 

Having said that, Gordon in the squad is a no brainer if fit. 

1 hour ago, BookhouseBoys said:

Agreed.

Hopefully we'll have qualified for the second phase by the third game and we can let him play in that at least!

1 hour ago, scotlad said:

Agreed.

Hopefully we'll have qualified for the second phase by the third game and we can let him play in that at least!

Jeez, imagine we are actually in that position!  Could it get any better?

Well obviously it could, but you know what I mean 🙂

22 hours ago, todd said:

Jeez, imagine we are actually in that position!  Could it get any better?

Well obviously it could, but you know what I mean 🙂

Knowing Scotland, we won't - we'll be needing to win and other results going our way, or something like that - but it would be great to finally change that!

6 hours ago, er yir macaroon said:

I still hope he can do something. Imagine that pace and power with an end product.

We all hope but whether that is a realistic hope is another matter entirely. I do wonder whether Burke's best role is as an impact player/supersub coming in for the last 15-20 minutes.

14 hours ago, Hertsscot said:

We all hope but whether that is a realistic hope is another matter entirely. I do wonder whether Burke's best role is as an impact player/supersub coming in for the last 15-20 minutes.

He won't have any role at international level as he is simply not a player. Plenty strength and speed but you need more than that these days. Described as uncoachable during his time in Germany and never been a regular at any of his many clubs. Signed some cracking contracts so good luck to him.

4 hours ago, bdgsct said:

He won't have any role at international level as he is simply not a player. Plenty strength and speed but you need more than that these days. Described as uncoachable during his time in Germany and never been a regular at any of his many clubs. Signed some cracking contracts so good luck to him.

Probably right but you have to hand it to him for making a lucrative career as a professional footballer without being a player. 10 out of 10 for him. 

12 minutes ago, theabsentee said:

Patterson started for Everton, he is under pressure as his team are to perform, he really needs a good mature performance today as Ashley Young is only suspended for one game.  

Wouldn’t want another Scot at that club for the forseeable. It’s a club steeped in mediocrity from top to bottom. Hope he can play well and get another move. 

17 minutes ago, ProudScot said:

Rangers doing the most Rangersy thing and picking zero Scot’s in their starting 11 again. 

It's depressing but I think he's probably going with what he's got for the minute. Realistically we've only got Wright and Souttar who might start, can't remember whether Jack is injured again. Sadly Hibs only had one Scot in their starting players (excluding Martin Boyle).

I wonder what will happen if SPFL clubs become feeder clubs for England. I worry that we'll see even fewer Scots getting a game.