Scottish players in action 21/22 - Page 268 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Scottish players in action 21/22

loanhead-tartan

• Replies 9.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

3 hours ago, ceudmilefailte said:

Four Scots starting for Celtic, wonder how often that happened last season. 

Interesting to see how many SPFL teams beat that. 

I'd be pretty surprised if that happened at all last season. Maybe the odd week where there were a lot of injuries? Rodgers starting where he left off, in terms of utilising the Scots. Brought Forrest off the bench as well. Hopefully it continues.

On the other hand, Rangers start with just 1 Scot - Souttar. And only 2 on the bench - Jack and McRorie.

40 minutes ago, syecosse said:

Lots of praise on twitter from Hearts fans about Lowry changing the game.

I think a loan to Hearts is an excellent move for everyone. Lowry has shown the potential to be a top player. I think a lot of Rangers fans thought we'd see a lot more of him last season but for whatever reason that didn't happen. If he has a good season, that will be good for Hearts, good for Rangers and irrespective of our club allegiances good for Scotland.

1 hour ago, Tartan blood said:

I'd be pretty surprised if that happened at all last season. Maybe the odd week where there were a lot of injuries? Rodgers starting where he left off, in terms of utilising the Scots. Brought Forrest off the bench as well. Hopefully it continues.

On the other hand, Rangers start with just 1 Scot - Souttar. And only 2 on the bench - Jack and McRorie.

Tbh as a Rangers supporter, I'd much rather have underperforming, disappointing Scots in the team, rather than the usual underperforming, disappointing foreigners.

3 hours ago, Tartan blood said:

From a Scotland POV a requirement for homegrown players would make a massive difference. 

9 hours ago, Third Lanark said:

Nobody mentioned Dembele scored for Birmingham today. Is he still eligible for us?

Yes he us still eligble.

Heard Liam Morrison looked really good on his Wigan debut as well. Dom Hyam was also Man of the match for Blackburn.

Edited by syecosse

14 hours ago, bigfingers said:

Souttar didn’t look too clever in the Killie goal 

Agreed. I have a bit of sympathy as Souttar must have seen the ball late and it gets stuck under his feet. Worse though was Lundstrum who had switched off and was completely out of position.

2 hours ago, syecosse said:

Yes he us still eligble.

Heard Liam Morrison looked really good on his Wigan debut as well. Dom Hyam was also Man of the match for Blackburn.

Morrison is still only 20, and will be until next April. A full season under his belt in league 1 could be the making of him. Especially under Maloney, the tactician.

It usually takes CBs a bit longer to demonstrate their potential, as experience is such an important part of that role. So I wouldn't be surprised if he ends up in the Scotland squad in a couple of years. We are in the fortunate position that we don't need to rush any centre backs into the fold, as we have so many available.

Barry Hepburn got an assist yesterday as well. Only 19.

Edited by Tartan blood

1 hour ago, Kirk said:

Arsenal playing Timber at lb as far as I can see he's meant to be a centre half or rb. Tierney needs to get the fuck outa there pronto

Aye he’s a centre back first and a right back if needed. After just being told he’s still in Arteta’s plans this is just another kick in the teeth for Tierney. I’d be demanding a transfer asap.  Truly hope Man City rip them to shreds down the left in the 2nd half

Edited by kwhitelaw

49 minutes ago, kwhitelaw said:

Aye he’s a centre back first and a right back if needed. After just being told he’s still in Arteta’s plans this is just another kick in the teeth for Tierney. I’d be demanding a transfer asap.  Truly hope Man City rip them to shreds down the left in the 2nd half

Considering the Euros are next summer, this season really needs to see him getting significant game time to have him as sharp as possible. Maybe that'll force him to at least go on loan for a year.

You'd think at least half the EPL clubs would take him.

41 minutes ago, Tartan blood said:

Considering the Euros are next summer, this season really needs to see him getting significant game time to have him as sharp as possible. Maybe that'll force him to at least go on loan for a year.

Watching the 'celebrations' of arsenal's triumph today, Tierney in the background looked like a man pretending to be excited with his team mates.  He doesn't belong there and the sooner he gets away the better in my opinion.

1 hour ago, Tartan blood said:

just a different thought - with Tierneys recent injury record is it perhaps not a bad thing that he isn't playing as much football meaning the chance of him getting injured is significantly reduced - hes training under great coaches (would assume), training at a great training ground, training with great players so that side isnt bad its just his lack of match fitness 

I mean in a ideal world he'd be playing week in week out at a premiership team and in the Champs League be on fire and fit for our games - but unless gets a move it seems unlikely