croatia lose 5 goals - Page 2 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

croatia lose 5 goals

thesaint

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

19 minutes ago, Bino's said:

We've got a right back,Ā  new one,Ā  and Norwich and Leeds captainsĀ 

Yeah, but would be happier with someone like van dijk if he was Scottish. Ā Back in 82 we had Hansen (English league winner multiple times over and European cup winner) plus Alan evans (same) not to mention Miller and Ā Mcleish, Narey, hegarty. Ā 
Ā 

centre half from lower epl isnā€™t going to cut it if we are comparing ourselves with teAms in the last 16 at the euros.

Just now, Malcolm said:

Yeah, but would be happier with someone like van dijk if he was Scottish. Ā Back in 82 we had Hansen (English league winner multiple times over and European cup winner) plus Alan evans (same) not to mention Miller and Ā Mcleish, Narey, hegarty. Ā 
Ā 

centre half from lower epl isnā€™t going to cut it if we are comparing ourselves with teAms in the last 16 at the euros.

Who ran into each otherĀ 

Ā 

2 minutes ago, Malcolm said:

Ā 

Though 82 is up there with,Ā  which is the greatest squad that bombed competitionĀ 

1 hour ago, Bino's said:

Austria Denmark Switzerland Croatia and Czechs have all narrowed the gap to 'top' teams

Which isn't good news for us

I disagree with that... It's good for us because if they can do it there's no reason for us not to aspire to do the same.

By the way, France's defending in the last 10 minutes of normal time in that game was honking. If any of our boys had done anything similar this board would be in meltdown.

1 hour ago, COLT NY said:

By the way, France's defending in the last 10 minutes of normal time in that game was honking. If any of our boys had done anything similar this board would be in meltdown.

Due to injuries France had to play new defensive personnel in a new formation, and it showed.

6 hours ago, breeks_mctavish said:

šŸ˜‚šŸ˜‚šŸ˜‚

This board is hilarious sometimes. That original post surely had to be aĀ wind up!!!

It's honestly hard to tell with this place at times.Ā Ā šŸ¤¦ā€ā™‚ļø

1 hour ago, Orraloon said:

Och, the Spanish goalie wins that one hands down. Or should that be foot up?Ā :lol:

Debatable.

The Spanish goalie got a foot to the ball at least. He nearly saved it.Ā 

Here is our keeper... he still appears to be some distance from the ball, which was struck from the half way line.

TELEMMGLPICT000261313924_trans_NvBQzQNjv

2 minutes ago, thplinth said:

Debatable.

The Spanish goalie got a foot to the ball at least. He nearly saved it.Ā 

Here is our keeper... he still appears to be some distance from the ball, which was struck from the half way line.

TELEMMGLPICT000261313924_trans_NvBQzQNjv

Anything is debatable, I suppose. I think our one was at least 50% coaching error so they have to share the glory IMO.

The best bit about the Spanish one is that Pedri got "credited" with an own goal.Ā :lol:Ā I'm sure he will never let the goalie forget about that.

7 minutes ago, ProudScot said:

Think Marshall has that one sewn up

At least the shot that beat Marshall had a bit of pace on it, and the guy who took the shot was actually trying to score. The Spanish one was 100% goalie fuk up. It's not even close IMO.Ā 

6 minutes ago, Orraloon said:

At least the shot that beat Marshall had a bit of pace on it, and the guy who took the shot was actually trying to score. The Spanish one was 100% goalie fuk up. It's not even close IMO.Ā 

Agreed. A lot of credit for the Czechs second goal goes to Schick. OK so Marshall shouldnā€™tĀ lose a goal from the halfway line but keepers are told to stand further up the pitch these days. The Croatians first goal was 100% the keeperā€™s fault even though the OG wasnā€™t credited to him.Ā 

15 minutes ago, Orraloon said:

Itā€™s about the end result of the howler though.Ā 

Spain went through.Ā 

Marshallā€™s howler effectively ended the tournament for us in the first game.Ā 

It was a very pacey back pass I recall. Keeper just took his eye off the ball and it is a mistake nearly everyone can relate to.

Marshall's mistake in contrast was conjured out of nothing. No need for it whatsoever. He put himself and the team on offer for no discernable reason and the Czechs accepted gratefully.Ā Even now no-one can figure it out. Because you can't, it was that stupid. By definition if you are a goalkeeper and you get beat from the half way line in normal play (i.e. not going up for a corner in the last seconds of a match) then you have completely and utterly fucked up your job, no argument, no ifs nor buts. You have made a royal cunt of it.Ā 

TELEMMGLPICT000261314056_trans_NvBQzQNjv

Ā 

1 minute ago, thplinth said:

It was a very pacey back pass I recall. Keeper just took his eye off the ball and it is a mistake nearly everyone can relate to.

Marshall's mistake in contrast was conjured out of nothing. No need for it whatsoever. He put himself and the team on offer for no discernable reason and the Czechs accepted gratefully.Ā Even now no-one can figure it out. Because you can't, it was that stupid. By definition if you are a goalkeeper and you get beat from the half way line in normal play (i.e. not going up for a corner in the last seconds of a match) then you have completely and utterly fucked up your job, no argument, no ifs nor buts. You have made a royal cunt of it.Ā 

TELEMMGLPICT000261314056_trans_NvBQzQNjv

Ā 

Bang onĀ 

Hart, James, Pickford in order of being a decent keeper for me.

I honestly believe thatĀ Pickford is a shit keeper, he should be stealing church roofs and living in a caravan. At least Hart was acceptable for a few years.