croatia lose 5 goals - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

croatia lose 5 goals

thesaint

See what happens when you don't sit back and watch croatia play.As i said earlier,croatia average against england and the czechs,and losing 5 against spain.The only game they were so called world class was against us.Think that says more about the way we sat back and watched them than anything else.Croatia are a good side,but they are even better when you stand by and let them play.

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

34 minutes ago, thesaint said:

See what happens when you don't sit back and watch croatia play.As i said earlier,croatia average against england and the czechs,and losing 5 against spain.The only game they were so called world class was against us.Think that says more about the way we sat back and watched them than anything else.Croatia are a good side,but they are even better when you stand by and let them play.

🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

They were playing Spain dude and they almost beat them.

16 minutes ago, Texas Pete said:

2 of the goals were in extra time ffs. 

For the greater part of the game Spain had the best of it.Stopped playing when 3-1 up,and nearly paid for it.Got back in control in extra time.Just shows when you have a go at them,they arent too clever at the back.Five goals prove it.

1 hour ago, Grim Jim said:

Kathy Burke's love in with Spain annoyed me on the commentary for most of that.

Croatia almost got another back at start of 2nd half of extra time, but were knackered after that.

I don’t usually get too bothered by commentators apart from the excessive English bias , but that was hard going. 

1 hour ago, Malcolm said:

Every team I’m watching in the last 16 would give us a pumping including Wales.  I shudder to think what Denmark might do to us.  We are a journeyman team with a couple of very good players.

Austria Denmark Switzerland Croatia and Czechs have all narrowed the gap to 'top' teams

Which isn't good news for us

49 minutes ago, thesaint said:

Your point is?They count just the same.

The longer 2 teams play the more goals will likely be scored. Scoring 5 in 90 minutes is a lot more impressive than scoring 5 in 120 minutes for example.

Anyway, comparing Spain to Scotland is daft in my opinion. They are much, much better than we are. 

18 minutes ago, Bino's said:

Austria Denmark Switzerland Croatia and Czechs have all narrowed the gap to 'top' teams

Which isn't good news for us

yeah, they have.  We are a bit better than we were five or six years ago, but these teams are streets ahead of us.  It’s only become apparent to me watch8ng the euros.  They are all very good sides.

20 minutes ago, Texas Pete said:

The longer 2 teams play the more goals will likely be scored. Scoring 5 in 90 minutes is a lot more impressive than scoring 5 in 120 minutes for example.

Anyway, comparing Spain to Scotland is daft in my opinion. They are much, much better than we are. 

I enter into the debate “ the longer 2 teams play …” Italy 90 clause

11 minutes ago, Malcolm said:

yeah, they have.  We are a bit better than we were five or six years ago, but these teams are streets ahead of us.  It’s only become apparent to me watch8ng the euros.  They are all very good sides.

And unfortunately we're playing or played 4 of the 5

24 minutes ago, Texas Pete said:

No, no, no, they won because they pressed Croatia.  Nothing to do with them having forwards who play for Atletico Madrid, Man City and PSG (as opposed to Hibs, QPR and Southampton), it's all about the pressing.

9 minutes ago, Malcolm said:

Agreed. The sad thing is, not so long ago we were probably on a par with those teams.  The Switzerland starting eleven tonight all featured players who play in the top leagues in Europe, they had no reason to feel intimidated by playing France.

Hopefully we're on the road to catching up though.

3 minutes ago, scotlad said:

No, no, no, they won because they pressed Croatia.  Nothing to do with them having forwards who play for Atletico Madrid, Man City and PSG (as opposed to Hibs, QPR and Southampton), it's all about the pressing.

Agreed. The sad thing is, not so long ago we were probably on a par with those teams.  The Switzerland starting eleven tonight all featured players who play in the top leagues in Europe, they had no reason to feel intimidated by playing France.

think we are about half a team away from catching up....  could do with a goalie, right back, couple of centre half’s and couple of strikers.

6 minutes ago, scotlad said:

The one thing in our favour is time 

Our squad is young and will hopefully grow together 

Tonight is 10 years in the making for Swiss 

5 minutes ago, Malcolm said:

think we are about half a team away from catching up....  could do with a goalie, right back, couple of centre half’s and couple of strikers.

We've got a right back,  new one,  and Norwich and Leeds captains 

6 minutes ago, Malcolm said:

Aye, I think that's fair.  I've said it before, if our options in those positions were as good as they are in midfield we'd be tournament regulars.

3 minutes ago, Bino's said:

It is, and hopefully the youngsters involved in this tournament have taken something from the experience. 

Looking longer term, hopefully the tournament has inspired more young Scots to get involved in football.

14 minutes ago, Bino's said:

I think our squad being young is a bit of a fallacy , we have 10 players 27 and over excluding goalkeepers 

Edited by DAVIDB46

5 minutes ago, scotlad said:

Aye, I think that's fair.  I've said it before, if our options in those positions were as good as they are in midfield we'd be tournament regulars.

It is, and hopefully the youngsters involved in this tournament have taken something from the experience. 

Looking longer term, hopefully the tournament has inspired more young Scots to get involved in football.

Virtually every kid in school is already inspired to be involved in football 

We just don't coach them technically enough