Clarke committed to Scotland - Page 6 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Clarke committed to Scotland

kumnio

9 minutes ago, ProudScot said:

Taylor 1996 seems very very quiet/banned.

TDK/Chripper/Taylor posting is very obvious to spot. 

Maybe i’m wrong… 

You’re not.

Same huge posts, same patronising pish that only he sees, but he isn’t as bad as the usual character, yet. 

• Replies 218
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

33 minutes ago, kumnio said:

You’re not.

Same huge posts, same patronising pish that only he sees, but he isn’t as bad as the usual character, yet. 

That’s because that isn’t me.

I can’t help if I’ve done something the same as that previously banned poster, but I’m not that person.

Please don’t assume that’s me, because I made one lengthy post!

1 hour ago, kumnio said:

You’re not.

It was the post where he was licking Stuart Armstrong’s ringpiece to throw us off that made me chuckle. 

1 minute ago, McTeeko said:

It was the post where he was licking Stuart Armstrong’s ringpiece to throw us off that made me chuckle. 

I’m not ‘throwing anyone off’ and I wasn’t doing that to Stuart Armstrong either.

What a lovely turn of phrase though 😬🙄

So now, I can’t win apparently. When I post like this other person, it means I’m them, and when I don’t post like this other person, it means I’m them also. Brilliant. Can some smart cookie please come up with some way that I can prove that I’m not this person, so we can resolve this? It’s not the nicest of false accusations, and it’s a bit draining to be repeatedly accused of lying, when that isn’t the case, and when I don’t have a way to prove that I’m telling the truth.

Hey,

I've been here for a year, mostly lurking, as you people scare the shit out of me.

I don't know who this chripper fellas is, but he's played a blinder. How can he live in the minds of so many grown men? You're all obsessed, petrified, even. If he is browsing he's probably laughing up his sleeve at you all, as he's won the war.

Say what you want about him, but he owns you all. I hope you're charging him rent, as he'll be living in your head till this place closes down.

Now you're harassing some other poor bloke cos you think he's chripper?! Even if he is, who the fuck cares?

Is Taylor Chripper? I don't know. Taylor doesn't appear to be provocative or rude. All he does is talk about football. Sounds like he had no social life, but is that a crime? There's a pandemic. 

The clique in this place is bat-shit-fucking-crazy. If their MO is to ruin this place and scare away newbies, making sure this place doesn't grow, they're doing a fab job.

Do you know how occupants of an insane asylum think their lifes are normal, and it takes an outsider to show them how insane they are? Consider me the outsider.

Please don't get mad at me.

*Slinks back into lurkdom*

11 minutes ago, Collins11 said:

Hey,

I've been here for a year, mostly lurking, as you people scare the shit out of me.

I don't know who this chripper fellas is, but he's played a blinder. How can he live in the minds of so many grown men? You're all obsessed, petrified, even. If he is browsing he's probably laughing up his sleeve at you all, as he's won the war.

Say what you want about him, but he owns you all. I hope you're charging him rent, as he'll be living in your head till this place closes down.

Now you're harassing some other poor bloke cos you think he's chripper?! Even if he is, who the fuck cares?

Is Taylor Chripper? I don't know. Taylor doesn't appear to be provocative or rude. All he does is talk about football. Sounds like he had no social life, but is that a crime? There's a pandemic. 

The clique in this place is bat-shit-fucking-crazy. If their MO is to ruin this place and scare away newbies, making sure this place doesn't grow, they're doing a fab job.

Do you know how occupants of an insane asylum think their lifes are normal, and it takes an outsider to show them how insane they are? Consider me the outsider.

Fuck me, another one. 

I don’t think Mickey is Chripper but I know you are. 

14 minutes ago, Collins11 said:

Hey,

I think occupants of an insane asylum is quite an apt statement to reference. 

10 minutes ago, Collins11 said:

Hey,

You are correct. I am just ‘some other poor bloke,’ with no connection to this infamous forum member, who as you say, appears to still haunt a lot of people on here.

I understand that people have to be vigilant, and try to prevent someone who has been a nuisance previously, under many different aliases, from returning. However, the flip side of that is that it isn’t fair to throw a barrage of false accusations and abuse against someone, without proof that they’re this person, which is what I’ve been subjected to so far on here.

Hopefully that was just an unfortunate coincidence that one of my initial posts looked like the poster in question, and over time I’ll be able to show that I’m not them.

9 hours ago, Mickey The Brave said:

I’m not ‘throwing anyone off’ and I wasn’t doing that to Stuart Armstrong either.

What a lovely turn of phrase though 😬🙄

So now, I can’t win apparently. When I post like this other person, it means I’m them, and when I don’t post like this other person, it means I’m them also. Brilliant. Can some smart cookie please come up with some way that I can prove that I’m not this person, so we can resolve this? It’s not the nicest of false accusations, and it’s a bit draining to be repeatedly accused of lying, when that isn’t the case, and when I don’t have a way to prove that I’m telling the truth.

Broad shoulders mate.  Stand on. Ron.

Back to Clarke.  I think the fact we are all thinking and posting about it is a great thing.  I personally think we have good foundations and Clarke is the guy to build on these.  My only fear is that he gets fed up and retires with the constant bickering.  But all fans are like that so he will be used to it.  What age is he?

9 hours ago, Mickey The Brave said:

You are correct. I am just ‘some other poor bloke,’ with no connection to this infamous forum member, who as you say, appears to still haunt a lot of people on here.

I understand that people have to be vigilant, and try to prevent someone who has been a nuisance previously, under many different aliases, from returning. However, the flip side of that is that it isn’t fair to throw a barrage of false accusations and abuse against someone, without proof that they’re this person, which is what I’ve been subjected to so far on here.

Hopefully that was just an unfortunate coincidence that one of my initial posts looked like the poster in question, and over time I’ll be able to show that I’m not them.

Hello Chripper 

6 minutes ago, ProudScot said:

Hello Chripper 

That’s not who I am. Please. You’ve got it wrong. You have to consider that option, that you’re just harassing some innocent forum member, without evidence. Please stop it, or come up with a way to prove it either way, because this isn’t fair.

I think in terms of possession the game has moved on from the fascination with Barcelona and Spain.  I could deal with Barcelona as they kept the ball to try and score goals but Spain kept the ball to stop other teams and it was some of the most boring pish I’ve ever watched – the only thing worse was teams who technically not good enough to do it trying anyway as some sort of sycophantic tribute act before ending up minutes later inevitably back with the keeper to launch it.  Thank Christ some genius finally worked out if you smashed it over the top of teams pushed high up there was loads of space in behind so football seems to have got back to some sort of agreement it matters more what you do with it when you have it rather than just simply having it for 60-70% of the time and passing it sideways in your own half. 

I’m not particularly bothered if long ball isn’t aesthetically pleasing but if that is what we’re going to do we need to be better at it as Croatia was embarrassing in phases really.  When Stoke had Crouch he didn’t just simply stand miles away from his team mates 10 yards from the opposition box  and win pointless flick-ons.  Instead he’d usually stand just inside their half and try to flick it down to oncoming midfielders then get on his bike looking for the cross from there so there was some semblance of building play.  If their defence dropped off he’d take it down and pass it to the wingers then rinse repeat.  Simply launching it at Dykes, who is pretty limited,  miles away from anyone, sometimes including Adams, just hands possession back to the opposition with an ocean of space to run into vs a midfield continually struggling to find its shape. 

In defence absolutely no issue funnelling back to the edge of your own box – all the passing about pish in the centre of the pitch is looking to move folk about so can get into the space they’ve vacated anyway and essentially what we’re looking to do when our centre backs carry the ball forward.  What we can’t do when we’re on the edge of our box though is just stand there and let folk pop in and out between the lines.  From there need to have no gap between the lines and can’t  just stand admiring the opposition passing as they just end up waltzing past you like training mannequins.  Should be able to draw two straight lines too whether it is two banks of 4 or a 5 and a 3 and if it is done right teams should be resorting to speculative long shots or crossing from deep more.    

For me the game vs Croatia shows there’s loads of work in and out of possession, and unless we were just absolutely knackered after England (which would be another concern), I really can’t see how all that can be addressed in the next international window when we had a month working on it already. 

I honestly think Clarke is the best we have and would stick with him but the next round of fixtures is massive for him.  Two defeats away to two decent opponents and there will be massive questions asked particularly if we resort to aimless unstructured hoofing and the opposition have all the time in the world to pass it about / cross balls again.          

1 hour ago, ThistleWhistle said:

I think in terms of possession the game has moved on from the fascination with Barcelona and Spain.  I could deal with Barcelona as they kept the ball to try and score goals but Spain kept the ball to stop other teams and it was some of the most boring pish I’ve ever watched – the only thing worse was teams who technically not good enough to do it trying anyway as some sort of sycophantic tribute act before ending up minutes later inevitably back with the keeper to launch it.  Thank Christ some genius finally worked out if you smashed it over the top of teams pushed high up there was loads of space in behind so football seems to have got back to some sort of agreement it matters more what you do with it when you have it rather than just simply having it for 60-70% of the time and passing it sideways in your own half. 

I’m not particularly bothered if long ball isn’t aesthetically pleasing but if that is what we’re going to do we need to be better at it as Croatia was embarrassing in phases really.  When Stoke had Crouch he didn’t just simply stand miles away from his team mates 10 yards from the opposition box  and win pointless flick-ons.  Instead he’d usually stand just inside their half and try to flick it down to oncoming midfielders then get on his bike looking for the cross from there so there was some semblance of building play.  If their defence dropped off he’d take it down and pass it to the wingers then rinse repeat.  Simply launching it at Dykes, who is pretty limited,  miles away from anyone, sometimes including Adams, just hands possession back to the opposition with an ocean of space to run into vs a midfield continually struggling to find its shape. 

In defence absolutely no issue funnelling back to the edge of your own box – all the passing about pish in the centre of the pitch is looking to move folk about so can get into the space they’ve vacated anyway and essentially what we’re looking to do when our centre backs carry the ball forward.  What we can’t do when we’re on the edge of our box though is just stand there and let folk pop in and out between the lines.  From there need to have no gap between the lines and can’t  just stand admiring the opposition passing as they just end up waltzing past you like training mannequins.  Should be able to draw two straight lines too whether it is two banks of 4 or a 5 and a 3 and if it is done right teams should be resorting to speculative long shots or crossing from deep more.    

For me the game vs Croatia shows there’s loads of work in and out of possession, and unless we were just absolutely knackered after England (which would be another concern), I really can’t see how all that can be addressed in the next international window when we had a month working on it already. 

I honestly think Clarke is the best we have and would stick with him but the next round of fixtures is massive for him.  Two defeats away to two decent opponents and there will be massive questions asked particularly if we resort to aimless unstructured hoofing and the opposition have all the time in the world to pass it about / cross balls again.          

Good points. Just to add that what is the point of us bigging up all our strong midfield players and having 5 at the back if we are not going to use them? It's not just the last month though, surely Clarke is supposed to have been working on this since Serbia and our qualification? Punting up to Dykes worked for one or two games but it has been cruelly exposed at this tourney when you compare our games to some of the other groups where the quality of football has been superb. Like Souness said, at times we have looked like a  team from the dark ages and difficult to see how Clarke can turn things around - with the exception of perhaps hoping on Gilmour to sort us out....

27 minutes ago, gkm_vancouver said:

Good points. Just to add that what is the point of us bigging up all our strong midfield players and having 5 at the back if we are not going to use them? It's not just the last month though, surely Clarke is supposed to have been working on this since Serbia and our qualification? Punting up to Dykes worked for one or two games but it has been cruelly exposed at this tourney when you compare our games to some of the other groups where the quality of football has been superb. Like Souness said, at times we have looked like a  team from the dark ages and difficult to see how Clarke can turn things around - with the exception of perhaps hoping on Gilmour to sort us out....

My worry is it potentially magnifies the problem rather than fixes it if he ends up watching the ball sail over his head for 60 minutes before getting subbed. 

I think Clarke has been cut a lot of slack for qualifying for the Euros which is fair enough to a degree but his 'get out of jail free' card has been played now so can see his performance coming under greater scrutiny now.  Even if we lose the tough two away games though it'll be more down to the level of performance for me on judging him but if we're fucking dog shit awful against Israel just one more time I will lose my shit entirely :)  

17 minutes ago, Orraloon said:

Hope we don't drop points to Moldova again. 

Clarke defo seems more comfortable setting up not to get beat than on putting out a side tasked with winning.  The Faroes were dead on their arse when we played them here given it was their third away game.  Could easily see us taking the eye off the ball for this one too! 

15 hours ago, kumnio said:

You’re not.

He's massively autistic and needs professional help. There is no way his family are aware of his internet behaviour; there would surely be some sort of intervention. 

13 hours ago, Collins11 said:

Hey,

😂😂😂 This is incredible stuff.