Attendance v Czech Republic - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Attendance v Czech Republic

BigAl

The announcement at Hampden gave the official attendance as 9,847.  Given the capacity is meant to be 12,500, where were the other 2,700 fans?

We got our tickets in the UEFA sale on Friday for the north stand, the section we were in had loads of seats marked with the green tick unused.

I'm pretty sure in non-Covid times this would've been a 52,000 sell-out.  Why was the crowd so low?  Unsold tickets due to pricing, no-shows, fear of Covid-19, something else?

Don't know what the Czech allocation was and their section in the east stand was very sparse so could have been that or corporates or volunteers.  Still disappointing to have sub-10,000 at a home game at our first tournament in 23 years.

If the Croatia game turns out to be meaningless it could be half that.

32 minutes ago, ceudmilefailte said:

If any tickets had been available they would have sold. Are you that detached from the Scotland support? 

I mentioned the attendance on another thread, I didnt realise someone had started a thread.

It really pissed me off when I heard the figure. I think they got the whole ticket distribution completely wrong. We were speaking to a woman and her son who had Eur 50 tickets in the ballot but then lost them. Then, on Friday, she got an invite to buy them again but it was Eur 179 tickets. 3 days before the game ???
UEFA should never have been sitting with tickets at that stage when there was demand. 
I think they  outpriced themselves though. Eur 179 is a lot of money when people have been furloughed. Plus they would need to have taken a day off work which may very well have been unpaid, costing them more money . 

55 minutes ago, ceudmilefailte said:

If any tickets had been available they would have sold. Are you that detached from the Scotland support? 

1) attendance was 9847.
2) main  stand (cat 1, 185 euros) looked empty to me.
3) apparently UEFA were selling tickets online to those who had tickets cancelled 2 days before game.

I am sure the SSC could have sold any spares.
What is odd is that attendance wasn't 12500 (25%) as expected.

1 hour ago, TDYER63 said:

I mentioned the attendance on another thread, I didnt realise someone had started a thread.

It really pissed me off when I heard the figure. I think they got the whole ticket distribution completely wrong. We were speaking to a woman and her son who had Eur 50 tickets in the ballot but then lost them. Then, on Friday, she got an invite to buy them again but it was Eur 179 tickets. 3 days before the game ???
UEFA should never have been sitting with tickets at that stage when there was demand. 
I think they  outpriced themselves though. Eur 179 is a lot of money when people have been furloughed. Plus they would need to have taken a day off work which may very well have been unpaid, costing them more money . 

I  don't really understand what has happened here. I thought tickets had been made available to those that had missed out on the ballot and going by replies some of those still couldn't get tickets due to demand. 

Agree there will be plenty that would miss out for financial etc reasons but I know plenty that would be prepared to pay a lot more. Me for one having arranged 10 days of work in the belief that restrictions would have been relaxed by now to allow a lot more in.

Looking like it won't be a problem now, but I would love to see how any last 16 tickets would have been distributed. 

1 hour ago, Haggis_trap said:

1) attendance was 9847.
2) main  stand (cat 1, 185 euros) looked empty to me.
3) apparently UEFA were selling tickets online to those who had tickets cancelled 2 days before game.

I am sure the SSC could have sold any spares.
What is odd is that attendance wasn't 12500 (25%) as expected.

I thought some people who had previously bought had missed out again because of demand? 

3 minutes ago, ceudmilefailte said:
36 minutes ago, Toepoke said:

Ticket prices are a disgrace. I'm pleased there were so many unsold, hopefully a message to UEFA.

Did I miss the point at which I could have helped. UEFA out and bought a ticket? 

Expand  

Uefa were reselling tickets last week. But only to those who had their original tickets cancelled in ballot after capacity reduced by covid

Edited by Haggis_trap

What angered me about the tickets was the fact that there were SSC members who just missed out (me) who would have had enough points pre COVID, yet I had to go through a tout. Paid well above the odds for a ticket which it appears there were almost 3k tickets spare. 

Why limit to those who had tickets cancelled?

Why not a) open up to SSC members, or b) just public sell the lot.

Am coming back next Tuesday, I’m still keeping the faith, but if we get hammered Friday the crowd will be even less, which would be a travesty, as there’s an insatiable demand. 

J

1 minute ago, Haggis_trap said:

Uefa were reselling tickets last week. But only to those who had their original tickets cancelled in ballot after capacity reduced by covid

Thats the question I have been asking. I thought there were still people from the original ballot who got told"sold out"

3 minutes ago, Bristolhibby said:

What angered me about the tickets was the fact that there were SSC members who just missed out (me) who would have had enough points pre COVID, yet I had to go through a tout. Paid well above the odds for a ticket which it appears there were almost 3k tickets spare. 

Why limit to those who had tickets cancelled?

Why not a) open up to SSC members, or b) just public sell the lot.

Am coming back next Tuesday, I’m still keeping the faith, but if we get hammered Friday the crowd will be even less, which would be a travesty, as there’s an insatiable demand. 

J

Sadly, it is all down to UEFA. They have the say in where the tickets go and who they get sold to. A far better way would be to give those who originally had tickets bought then cancelled due to COVID up until a set time ie 24 hours before kick-off to repurchase or they then get put up on General Sale to supporters clubs.

There was an empty seat right beside me, but perhaps the ticket holder had moved to be beside their mates.   Folk were clumped in small groups in some cases.

I'm only guessing, but would the 12,500 include corporate and family/friends of players, etc., whereas official attendance only counts paying customers?

2 hours ago, Grim Jim said:

There was an empty seat right beside me, but perhaps the ticket holder had moved to be beside their mates.   Folk were clumped in small groups in some cases.

I'm only guessing, but would the 12,500 include corporate and family/friends of players, etc., whereas official attendance only counts paying customers?

Whilst I appreciate the players families and friends are entitled to tickets, and that like it or not the corporate mob get their cut, I would be fookin raging if they got 25% of the allocation when it was already slashed by 75 %. 

20 hours ago, adamntg said:

We thought maybe 12,500 allowed in the stadium included volunteers, workers, teams, entourage etc etc who wouldn’t be counted in attendance?

There surely wouldn’t be 3000 of them ? I would say that anyone in the stands at all should be counted as in attendance.  

A minor point but I’m pretty sure the maximum capacity was 12000. Seemed to be large areas of the south stand empty so it was probably corporate tickets that were never available to ordinary punters. 

It is a bit of a kick in the teeth to SSC members who narrowly missed out on a ticket.