The news thread - Page 213 - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

That wee lassie who was murdered 27 years ago... surely I can't be the only one wondering WTF the polis have been doing for the last 27 years when they had a video from a bairn saying he saw her being hit and thrown in the water and a neighbour had all the stories of the perpetrators coming back home and shouting incriminating stuff at each other?

Nearly 3 decades the lassie's mother has had to suffer?  Most bizarre thing I've ever heard unless I'm missing something glaringly obvious.

• Replies 6.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

20 minutes ago, daviebee said:

That wee lassie who was murdered 27 years ago... surely I can't be the only one wondering WTF the polis have been doing for the last 27 years when they had a video from a bairn saying he saw her being hit and thrown in the water and a neighbour had all the stories of the perpetrators coming back home and shouting incriminating stuff at each other?

Nearly 3 decades the lassie's mother has had to suffer?  Most bizarre thing I've ever heard unless I'm missing something glaringly obvious.

Have you seen the picture of one of the murdering cunts that she was supposed to have been obsessed with ?

Michelle Mone admits she stands to benefit from £60m PPE profit

Michelle Mone has admitted that she stands to benefit from tens of millions of pounds of profit from personal protective equipment (PPE) sold to the UK government during the pandemic by a company led by her husband, Doug Barrowman.

In an interview with the BBC, the couple apologised for denying their role in the deal for more than three years.

But a defiant Baroness Mone said: "I don't honestly see there is a case to answer. I can't see what we have done wrong."

PPE Medpro was awarded government contracts worth more than £200 million to supply PPE to the NHS during the pandemic through a so-called "VIP lane", introduced to help the government choose between huge numbers of supplier offers.

In November 2021, the government revealed that Baroness Mone was the "source of referral" for PPE Medpro getting a place in the VIP lane.

4 hours ago, Ally Bongo said:

GBkU7o1XUAABkUZ.jpg.a80b1810de48f3fbfcd895036ef3e136.jpg

COVID brought out the best in so many people, sacrificing their time, money, even their lives. And then for others it was just another chance to make a quick buck. 

From what I've heard of her interview I don't think they'll be much sympathy for this couple of profiteers.

It all really depends if she has broken the law.  If not she saw an opportunity and took it. I think the Uk government need to look at their procurement procedures.   

I heard stories of pest control companies making millions out of PPE.  Lots of other small time trades guys setting up companies, getting bounce back loans and folding.  The inflation we are now seeing is as a result of the money pumped in to our economy during lockdown.  I am still not convinced that the hard lockdowns we had were the right thing to do.

Let’s not pretend that Michelle was the only one at it.

1 hour ago, Hertsscot said:

Not sure anyone was! On the other hand what makes her case different is the scale of profiteering and the fact that she is a Lord.

She's having a spat with someone from the SNP online 

19 hours ago, Rich NATA said:

Just saw the Mone/Barrowman interview.

She says they've done nothing wrong, but what they provided was not fit for purpose. Sadly, Kuenssberg never made that point.

That was the thing that struck me right away.  However bear in mind that lots of other companies or individuals also supplied unusable PPE - going down that route might spread the contagion to other folk who are hoping to walk away with their loot without any concern about their crimes being exposed to the wider public.  Mone seems to have links to Michael Gove - both nominally Scottish, so "no great mischief if they fall" as the saying goes.  I think Kuensberg knows exactly which questions not to ask.  Remember Medpro are already being sued by the UK government, but why are the many others who supplied defective PPE not also being sued?  There's a bigger story here...

Edited by Alibi

2 hours ago, Hertsscot said:

Not sure anyone was! On the other hand what makes her case different is the scale of profiteering and the fact that she is a Lord.

Exactly. The story has been trickling out for a couple of years. The "we've not done anything wrong or illegal" approach is the main issue and reflects how it is these days. We'll do what we think we can get away with, even if morally wrong and public funds are supposed to be scarce. His belly bursting with public money out his shirt and her crap glam look was a good analogy for the whole thing. 

7 hours ago, Malcolm said:

It all really depends if she has broken the law.  If not she saw an opportunity and took it. I think the Uk government need to look at their procurement procedures.   

I heard stories of pest control companies making millions out of PPE.  Lots of other small time trades guys setting up companies, getting bounce back loans and folding.  The inflation we are now seeing is as a result of the money pumped in to our economy during lockdown.  I am still not convinced that the hard lockdowns we had were the right thing to do.

Let’s not pretend that Michelle was the only one at it.

I know you're just a parody, but it needs to be said that the vows expressed here are pretty repugnant. 👍

1 minute ago, King Of Paisley said:

She ain't going quietly. That's for sure.

Horrible despicable woman. Hope she gets what's coming to her.

I hope she gets what's coming to but I really hope she takes some of the current tory elite with her

13 hours ago, Malcolm said:

I know you are at it Malcolm,  but it absolutely does not ‘depend if she has broken the law’. She is part of a group of who actively profiteer from tax payers, she is a cunt, and if you think like her then you are a bit of one too. 
she point blank denied this and now admits it. Tried to sway things by financing a documentary about events. She has no morals ….. it’s all about getting another £50M in her Cayman Islands account.

4 minutes ago, ger intae them said:

I know you are at it Malcolm,  but it absolutely does not ‘depend if she has broken the law’. She is part of a group of who actively profiteer from tax payers, she is a cunt, and if you think like her then you are a bit of one too. 
she point blank denied this and now admits it. Tried to sway things by financing a documentary about events. She has no morals ….. it’s all about getting another £50M in her Cayman Islands account.

Bought the likes of a private jet with the proceeds. And had the gall to threaten journos with legal action who were trying to expose her for what she has now admitted.

Clearly the Tories think she is expendable. And have dropped her like a hot potato.

Would love to see that boot lose absolutely everything and end up in the gutter.

I don't know if she has broke the law, but Id guess not. The issue for me is the complete lack of morals or integrity in the UK political class, if they aren't securing deals for their husbands firms, they are prostituting themselves to the Russians or the Chinese or doing insider deals.

I think you'd be hard pressed to find a Tory that isn't a contemptible fucking bastard. They get away with it because we have a complicit media and a population that are so insipid that we are pathetic. They should be put to the swords, instead half of them will be voted back in.

The phrase "embarrassment to Scotland" is oft used but she fucking is big time

A hundred times worse than Ruth the Mooth to put it in perspective

25 minutes ago, kumnio said:

I don't know if she has broke the law, but Id guess not. The issue for me is the complete lack of morals or integrity in the UK political class, if they aren't securing deals for their husbands firms, they are prostituting themselves to the Russians or the Chinese or doing insider deals.

I think you'd be hard pressed to find a Tory that isn't a contemptible fucking bastard. They get away with it because we have a complicit media and a population that are so insipid that we are pathetic. They should be put to the swords, instead half of them will be voted back in.

There will be ones moaning about this cow that will be the same self-serving, servile Nawbags who fell for Mone and her ilks lies in 2014 and collectively shat the bed to free us from this mess.

Even more laughably, you'll get your grassroots Tory zealots who'll somehow defend her.

We get all we deserve a lot of the time. Not that Kid Starver will be any better. He's merely morphed into the Tories on the back of the Tories reinventing themselves into the modern day BNP

Edited by King Of Paisley

1 hour ago, kumnio said:

Smart lassie is the old Mone.

That whole episode is pretty cringeful. If I remember right, it's all women who have 'made it' and they all give a dreadful self congratulaTory speech about their success...then prove themselves to be dim bullshitters. Torture.