The news thread - Page 175 - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

8 hours ago, vanderark14 said:

I thought this would be the appropriate place to out this since it's headline news 

Kevin Keegan has upset a lot of people by saying he has a problem with some women pundits talking about the men's game.

I couldn’t stand Kevin Keegan as a co-commentator.  Anyone remember when Leonardo smashed Tab Ramos’ jaw in 1984.

https://x.com/stusfootyflash/status/1675746500284956673?s=61&t=MHJIOYAKuUpVTHulpYS2rQ

• Replies 6.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Sometimes, too much exposure is a bad thing. The videos on twitter are alarming, horrific etc etc, there are no good guys, just a collection of varying bastards and cunts.

This looks like being the biggest incident in the Middle East since we invaded to get some black gold for our American overlords under Blair. 

5 hours ago, Hertsscot said:

Difficult to see what it will achieve except even more suffering for ordinary people.

Did see an interview on the Beeb from an Israeli chap who basically said what did the Palestinian folk in Gaza have to lose ? I can’t disagree with that . Fuk knows what this Israeli government will do . They have their bunkers and want an apocalypse 

8 minutes ago, Shaundy said:

Did see an interview on the Beeb from an Israeli chap who basically said what did the Palestinian folk in Gaza have to lose ? I can’t disagree with that . Fuk knows what this Israeli government will do . They have their bunkers and want an apocalypse 

Israel was warned by Hamas not to attack or bomb holy sites, Israel ignored this request, so fuck them... How many more innocent men, woman, and children will die is appalling....  

5 minutes ago, Mitre said:

This has got Iran's paws all over it.

I expect to see a few dodgy explosions in Iran over the coming days.

I think they have pretty much admitted that.

There isn't a hope in hell than Hamas will win this, they are going to suffer incredibly over the next week or so. Amazing the trouble that a make believe man in the sky can cause.

Kidnapping some of the Jewish Israeli people who were increasingly partying in the lands around the Gaza camp may be a smart move for those attacking Israel .

Israel would have no issue with killing everyone in Gaza but might think twice if folk know there’s even a handful of Jewish hostages. 

I see the sponge brain bigots with a butchers apron and/or Rangers in their bio are attacking Humza cos he hasn't criticised the Hamas "terrorists"

On 10/6/2023 at 9:28 AM, aaid said:

I couldn’t stand Kevin Keegan as a co-commentator.  Anyone remember when Leonardo smashed Tab Ramos’ jaw in 1984.

https://x.com/stusfootyflash/status/1675746500284956673?s=61&t=MHJIOYAKuUpVTHulpYS2rQ

Keegans a twat

but the no questioning woke bollocks is now out of hand

It's now almost compulsory that there is a woman analyst on every male sport and it is not misogynist to have the opinion that it is fucking annoying

image.jpeg.52799dbafc73d3530bb29b5bf138dd70.jpeg

image.jpeg.e6b7ff5f4e1f521287c39c3343b5f1de.jpeg

image.jpeg.8f2720c3aab0f072a6f278f9dffb6ae0.jpeg

image.jpeg.23c177f1a80235beb11ee4b2e862a0ee.jpeg

image.jpeg.2b98d912be86138c1a48105a3186a099.jpeg

36 minutes ago, Ally Bongo said:

I see the sponge brain bigots with a butchers apron and/or Rangers in their bio are attacking Humza cos he hasn't criticised the Hamas "terrorists"

I'm surprised they aren't calling them 'Humza terrorists'.

TBF, they probably are

Edit: I accidentally wrote Hamza instead of Humza. Fuck me, i must be a bigot. Cancel me now.

Edited by Dave78

5 hours ago, Ally Bongo said:

It's now almost compulsory that there is a woman analyst on every male sport and it is not misogynist to have the opinion that it is fucking annoying

Out of all those people, the one person who *shouldn’t* be on TV, is Steven Thompson, he is an embarrassment.   Personally, I think that Leanne Crichton is excellent and is currently amongst the best pundits covering Scottish football.

9 hours ago, kumnio said:

I think they have pretty much admitted that.

There isn't a hope in hell than Hamas will win this, they are going to suffer incredibly over the next week or so. Amazing the trouble that a make believe man in the sky can cause.

I'm really not sure how much religion has got to do with it. In earlier versions of the same struggle the PLO iirc followed a Marxist ideology. Treat people appallingly, and hotheads will exploit the injustice and justify their own acts of barbarity.

6 hours ago, Ally Bongo said:

Although I think Keegan has a point, at least the women are not fan boys like Kenny Miller, McInnes, Kevin Thomson, Boyd Hartson or Alex Rae. 

I'd be keen to know whether viewing figures for the likes of Soccer Saturday, MOTD and sportscene have gone up or down since they started adding so many women to the panel. 

7 hours ago, Ally Bongo said:

I can excuse the 'sponge brain bigots' to some extent but what I find absolutely appalling is that a lot of this being stirred up by Tory MSPs. I'm not sure that any statement by Scotland's FM will make much difference. What is utterly appealing and inexcusable is the trivialising of human suffering, both Israeli and Palestinian, to score cheap party political points. 

42 minutes ago, vanderark14 said:

Although I think Keegan has a point, at least the women are not fan boys like Kenny Miller, McInnes, Kevin Thomson, Boyd Hartson or Alex Rae. 

I'd be keen to know whether viewing figures for the likes of Soccer Saturday, MOTD and sportscene have gone up or down since they started adding so many women to the panel. 

At least none of them are Clinton Morrison 

1 hour ago, vanderark14 said:

Most of the women are frankly terrible, however so are most of the men. I think you'd struggle to get to ten decent pundits across Scottish and English media.

Soccer Saturday used to be excellent viewing, now it is absolute unwatchable drivel. I know loads of people who used to watch it, but don't bother now. Im sure females being on it might be an issue for some, for me its primarily Clinton Morrison who is an incoherent idiot who can't complete a sentence, let alone a point. Then you have Tim Sherwood who is the dullest person alive along with Kris Boyd who is a clueless twat and Lee Hendrie who just looks confused and lost.

Rightly or wrong, there is a perception than female pundits are being promoted way above their experience level. If they played mens football, would they be at Premiership/Premier League level, of course not, everyone would have a different opinion about how far down you'd have to go. You wouldn't get an Albion Rovers ex player on Sportscene, or a Harrogate ex player on Super Sunday.

There is a lack of depth of good pundits, its easy for some to focus on Karen Carney & End Aluko and then say all women are shite. I like Alex Scott, think Leanne Crichton is ok, but her chemistry with Steven Thompson is awful, those two should never work together.

Edited by kumnio

4 hours ago, aaid said:

Out of all those people, the one person who *shouldn’t* be on TV, is Steven Thompson, he is an embarrassment.   Personally, I think that Leanne Crichton is excellent and is currently amongst the best pundits covering Scottish football.

I agree with that. A couple of weeks ago she gave some insight (regarding squad training and preparation) on the radio Scotland podcast. I actually learned something, rather than hearing the usual anodyne set-piece pish.

Sky do this well by getting in current managers on Monday Night Football and grilling them on tactics. You actually learn stuff.

10 hours ago, Ally Bongo said:

Why is it annoying Kevin ? Because only men should have opinions on male sport or the fact they are women?