The news thread - Page 104 - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

20 minutes ago, scotlad said:

I'm surprised there isn't more in the news about this:

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/crime/suspect-dover-immigration-fire-bombing-b2214473.html?amp

Whether you think these people are here on false pretences or not, they're still human beings, FFS. The guy that did it was obviously some kind of nutter but this is horrific! 

The situation won't be helped by some of the utterly unhinged comments made by that fascist nutcase Braverman in the Commons.

• Replies 6.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

The immigration crisis is out of control now.  Those that are economic migrants, such as the large number of Albanian men arriving illegally should be shipped back to France. Those with genuine asylum claims should be processed accordingly.  Everyone should be treated with humanity.

since Brexit the French have not done anything to limit illegal border crossings.  There are channels for people who can help resolve skills shortage to move to this country if they can add value to us. We have to stop this.  From 2000 a year arriving in 2018, there are 40000 arrived so far this year. That’s unsustainable.

47 minutes ago, Malcolm said:

since Brexit the French have not done anything to limit illegal border crossings. 

Did you get that from the Daily Mail/Express/Farage/UKIP or the National Front as a quick search of the internet would make you realise it is bollocks 

1 hour ago, Malcolm said:

what parts of what she said do you feel are unhinged and irresponsible?  And of course I completely abhor the firebombing.

Just a few days after a centre housing migrants, presumably housing children as well, was firebombed and she's saying things like "our southern coast is being invaded".  I think language like that is intemperate at best and socially irresponsible at worst, considering there are people in our society who think firebombing such places is a good idea! 

The firebombing thing is obviously at the extreme end of things but when someone in a prominent position of authority and power starts speaking like that people pay attention. She should have chosen her words better, IMO.

1 hour ago, Malcolm said:

The immigration crisis is out of control now.  Those that are economic migrants, such as the large number of Albanian men arriving illegally should be shipped back to France. Those with genuine asylum claims should be processed accordingly.  Everyone should be treated with humanity.

since Brexit the French have not done anything to limit illegal border crossings.  There are channels for people who can help resolve skills shortage to move to this country if they can add value to us. We have to stop this.  From 2000 a year arriving in 2018, there are 40000 arrived so far this year. That’s unsustainable.

That is shady, I agree. Wanting a better life for yourself doesn't make you a bad person but using the asylum system is the wrong way to go about it.

Albania, as far as I'm aware, is a safe country (relatively) so I'm not sure what the clamour is to come over to the UK.

16 minutes ago, Och Aye said:

Just when you think it can't get any more bizarre. Matt Hancock to appear I'm A Celebrity. Suspended from the party. Maybe he wants us to see the fun, wild, party animal Matt Hancock 😐

FFS, who does he think he is, Kezia Dugdale??

2 hours ago, TDYER63 said:

Riots like scenes from a  ‘war torn nation’ according to the council leader in The Courier 🙄

I don't know how bad it was but did see some scenes on the news this morning. Unfortunately you get this idiot behaviour this time of year. I moved up from a quite leafy, middle class area of Hertfordshire but before Covid there was a rise in this loutish behaviour. Cars tipped over and scratched, live fireworks thrown into a community centre, fireworks thrown at police, attacks by teens on teens (one of my 15 year old pupils had a firework thrown at him and could easily have lost his sight). I was really shocked, completely unheard of until a few years back. As always you just need a few idiots.

20 minutes ago, Och Aye said:

Just when you think it can't get any more bizarre. Matt Hancock to appear I'm A Celebrity. Suspended from the party. Maybe he wants us to see the fun, wild, party animal Matt Hancock 😐

I'd vote to keep Matt Hancock in the jungle. I'd also like him joined by most Tory MPs. Only thing is, I wouldnt want any of them to get out of there, they could just stay in the jungle as far as I'm concerned. Maybe could get Patel and Braverman involved and change location. How about the jungle in Rwanda?

7 hours ago, killiefaetheferry said:

And what about United? No mention of them either.

They didn't throw any fireworks

6 hours ago, vanderark14 said:

What the fuck was that all about. 🤦

No idea, hopefully doesn't give other wee mutants around the country ideas

22 minutes ago, Hertsscot said:

I'd vote to keep Matt Hancock in the jungle. I'd also like him joined by most Tory MPs. Only thing is, I wouldnt want any of them to get out of there, they could just stay in the jungle as far as I'm concerned. Maybe could get Patel and Braverman involved and change location. How about the jungle in Rwanda?

Keep them all there then release the lions

54 minutes ago, Och Aye said:

😄

Maybe this classic Rishi blanking was the point the irrelevant little dullard decided to fuck off to Australia 

😂

Aye, he realised at that moment he wasn't going to get a cabinet post so he thought, fuck this!

Comparing him to Kezia Dugdale maybe wasn't the fairest of comparisons though. Hancock was an overpromoted moron who cheated on his life partner with someone from his work and fucked off to Australia to participate in some game show on the pretence of doing it for charity when he actually should have been sitting in parliament representing his constituents, whereas Kezia...

55 minutes ago, Hertsscot said: