Euro 2021 UEFA ticket process confirmed - Page 24 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Euro 2021 UEFA ticket process confirmed

GaryWood34

3 minutes ago, er yir macaroon said:

This is correct. People talking about hospitalisation and deaths are not focussing on the framework. It is positive infections (regardless of  clinical outcome) that the tier level will be decided on. Unless they change the policy suddenly that’s the only relevant figure that will determine if any fans are in Hampden or not. Right now, it is not looking good.  

That is indeed the case at the moment but it possibly shouldn’t be and won’t be in the future. 

Cases could get very high again in the winter (and every winter) but if very few people are dying or getting seriously ill because of vaccines (much like the flu every year) then there will be no need for restrictions.

39 minutes ago, Texas Pete said:

That is indeed the case at the moment but it possibly shouldn’t be and won’t be in the future. 

Cases could get very high again in the winter (and every winter) but if very few people are dying or getting seriously ill because of vaccines (much like the flu every year) then there will be no need for restrictions.

Agreed, that will be the case in the future. 

I think if this Indian variant wasn't an issue then Glasgow would have been opening up on schedule. There is just a bit of caution being applied as there is no concrete evidence of how the vaccine performs against it. 

That being said there are reports starting to come out of India that their HCWs are showing good resistance to the variant where they have had both AZ doses. 

I think we'll see a ramp up of second AZ doses in the next week or so. 

4 hours ago, Archiesdad said:

The system gave you 1 point for buying 1 product. However the product was a 5 game package.

So 1 point was given instead of 5.

Obvs no one programmed the computer correctly.

I bought the five game package and it was credited to my points total.Just don't understand why it wasn't the same for everybody.How can some points totals be right and some wrong.

3 hours ago, GaryWood34 said:

Personally feel if you have the log in for his app details you’ll be fine.

QR codes will be scanned - that’ll be that.

Passport numbers are there to deter people selling them on and being traced back as far as I am aware.

However there are hundreds of tickets being solid online 3rd party at present and a lot look legit. There was nothing stopping someone putting a bollocks passport number.

The UEFA plan is fairly solid though with the app only ticket - means a a headache for the usual horrid simple ticket tout.

Anybody any idea how the tickets will be sent.I know there won't be any physical tickets,but precisely what do you need to get the tickets sent.Do you need to download an app onto a phone?As you might realise i'm not exactly strong on the old tech /phone stuff.

4 hours ago, jcluk said:

Let's hope the Scottish Government exercise some common sense. Shouldn't be an issue having 12k at Hampden in a few weeks. Vaccine success to protect the most vulnerable and PCR testing if needed should provide the right assurance. The Scottish Cup decisions this week though point towards a shortage of common sense and the right protocols. Both in terms of the original 600 allocation and then the cancellation of even that small number. 

Just on the point of crowd numbers at the game.The fa cup final had lots of groups of fans sitting in big clusters.No social distancing going on there.How come we are being told we virtually have to sit in a row on our own.Maybe it's something to do with uefa instructions.Seems riciculous.

1 hour ago, Texas Pete said:

My post is about the two Scotland games at Hampden in a month based on the current framework. It’s not an opinion about the rights and wrongs of the policy, only of the prospects of getting fans in the stadium, and indeed, being able to drink in a pub while watching the game (if in Glasgow). 

17 minutes ago, thesaint said:

Just on the point of crowd numbers at the game.The fa cup final had lots of groups of fans sitting in big clusters.No social distancing going on there.How come we are being told we virtually have to sit in a row on our own.Maybe it's something to do with uefa instructions.Seems riciculous.

This is something i’ll never get my head around. It’s been the same in the occasional European game where fans have been allowed in. They’ll stick 1000 fans all in the same section in an otherwise empty stadium. It’s absolutely fucking mental. 

Edited by er yir macaroon

27 minutes ago, thesaint said:

The FA cup final is a government run test event. Everyone is tested before and after, so they want to see how crowds like that can effect transmission. 

Euros games won't be under the same testing regime so isn't comparable 

Does anyone think it will be possible for someone with enough points to give their access code to someone else? I think because the sites aren’t really that linked they won’t be able to tell the code is name specifically to that person? I know in the email it says it’s non transferable but do you think that’s really the case and will have systems in place to stop it?

25 minutes ago, Jamessm238 said:

Does anyone think it will be possible for someone with enough points to give their access code to someone else? I think because the sites aren’t really that linked they won’t be able to tell the code is name specifically to that person? I know in the email it says it’s non transferable but do you think that’s really the case and will have systems in place to stop it?

I'm keen to know this too as I'm looking to trade. Tickets always say non transferable so not too worried about that part.

3 hours ago, er yir macaroon said:

My post is about the two Scotland games at Hampden in a month based on the current framework. It’s not an opinion about the rights and wrongs of the policy, only of the prospects of getting fans in the stadium, and indeed, being able to drink in a pub while watching the game (if in Glasgow). 

I get that. I’m saying there should be fans in Hampden next month even if the case numbers are slightly higher in Glasgow than  in the rest of Scotland. Unless hospitalisations and deaths are also significantly higher (assuming the rest of Scotland is still in level 2 in June).

Unfortunately I don’t make the rules so we’ll just need to see what happens and what the government does.  

4 hours ago, Lion Rampant said:

Agreed, that will be the case in the future. 

I think if this Indian variant wasn't an issue then Glasgow would have been opening up on schedule. There is just a bit of caution being applied as there is no concrete evidence of how the vaccine performs against it. 

That being said there are reports starting to come out of India that their HCWs are showing good resistance to the variant where they have had both AZ doses. 

I think we'll see a ramp up of second AZ doses in the next week or so. 

Yeah we’ll just need to wait and see what happens over the next few weeks. 

I would just hate for us to lose the matches or for there to be no fans in Hampden on the basis of arbitrary fugures that the government/WHO came up with before 3/4 of the population were vaccinated. 

16 hours ago, Lion Rampant said:

Of course they haven't, I never suggested otherwise. They've left Glasgow in level 3 because the number of cases per 100k people is up at nearly 80 frun under 50 a week ago. 

I was responding to your comment that cases had doubled in a day, there is a reason for that and it was an IT issue. They look at case numbers on a rolling 7 day average anyway. 

Aye OK, I might have exaggerated a wee bit with my "doubling in a day" comment. The excuse I'm going to use ;) is that I was trying to provide some balance to the folk who seem to think that the pandemic is over. I hope they are right, and that folk like me are just being a bit over cautious but some of the initial research coming out of India is a bit worrying. Still too early to know though.

15 hours ago, thesaint said:

Anybody any idea how the tickets will be sent.I know there won't be any physical tickets,but precisely what do you need to get the tickets sent.Do you need to download an app onto a phone?As you might realise i'm not exactly strong on the old tech /phone stuff.

Section 6 on here.

https://www.uefa.com/MultimediaFiles/Download/competitions/Ticketing/02/58/34/40/2583440_DOWNLOAD.pdf

13 hours ago, Jamessm238 said:

I don’t know if it’s possible or not but it bloody well shouldn’t be. 

18 hours ago, thesaint said:

I think fans being fans just get up and clump together. Nothing stewards can do. Nobody sits anyway so it’s not like they can zip tie the seats.

J

1 minute ago, Bristolhibby said:

I think fans being fans just get up and clump together. Nothing stewards can do. Nobody sits anyway so it’s not like they can zip tie the seats.

J

I have a feeling people will probably sit down at these games. Might feel a bit odd standing when 2m apart from anyone else. It 1.5m or whatever it’s meant to be. 

There’s no way people won’t celebrate together when (not if!) Scotland score at the Euros though. Good luck to the stewards trying to stop that. 

10 minutes ago, Lion Rampant said:

Hope this is true 😆

Won't be able to relax until the confirmation email comes through from UEFA!

I emailed and a friend phoned. Told same thing.

Fingers crossed. Lost Wembley and lost czech at home. One remains

11 minutes ago, Mazziessc said:

Did anyone get an email with a link? Haven't received anything. Have enough points? 

Aye they were sent out this afternoon. I got mine about 1 o’clock. 

How many points do you have and have you checked they were correct on your SSC account recently?