Euro 2021 UEFA ticket process confirmed - Page 15 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Euro 2021 UEFA ticket process confirmed

GaryWood34

25 minutes ago, saintydave said:

I'm on 11 points so probably going to struggle for tix, however, seem to be one of the lucky ones in that I still have cat 3 tickets from the first uefa ballot for the Czech game.

Means I have a spare for that game, if anyone is in the same boat for the Croatia game then I'm happy to do a swap deal with someone? 

I'll give you my Wembley ticket for one (if I get one as a 15 pointer)

14 minutes ago, McTeeko said:

That’s twice you’ve touched on this. Utter nonsense it is too. You realise home points are awarded now too aye? As well as a point for being a continuing SSC member? And even if folk (like me) who prefer to take their laddie to Scotland games rather than more expensive, shitey trips to the likes of Disney World to see students dressed up like Donald Duck, why does it bother you?

Sorry put like that more than fair enough, was imagining 4 or 5  trips. Knew about the home points but had forgotten the renewal one.

Still not sure about kids that have barely seen Scotland let alone suffered the last 20 years(could call these the glory years) getting as seat though.

Pity there isn't a way that families cant book together, you could take the wife as well!

39 minutes ago, ceudmilefailte said:

13 points would require a fair amount of travel which is hardly cheap and I doubt if many Scotland supporters are privileged enough to even have the time to do this.

It really wouldn’t. Last 10 home games and 2 bonus points would get you 12 points.

You’re probably right that 10% would be too high but I have seen plenty of people taking their kids to away games to suggest it’s probably a bit higher than 1%. 

9 minutes ago, Texas Pete said:

It really wouldn’t. Last 10 home games and 2 bonus points would get you 12 points.

You’re probably right that 10% would be too high but I have seen plenty of people taking their kids to away games to suggest it’s probably a bit higher than 1%. 

I would agree with this ...it is easier to get on points system but the uefa week of football has also made it harder , less appealing to drag kids about on school nights ...with many people working shifts or struggling to get home and then to a game ...being back set days for football

13 minutes ago, DING said:

I would agree with this ...it is easier to get on points system but the uefa week of football has also made it harder , less appealing to drag kids about on school nights ...with many people working shifts or struggling to get home and then to a game ...being back set days for football

Remember the 2007 Euro campaign when all away games were Wednesday and all home games Saturday.

For a guy with no kids and flexible employer that was a brilliant campaign. I had no money back then but still managed

Lithuania A

France H & A

Italy H & A

Ukraine H

Chuck in a Cheeky Scotland B in Dublin and a end of season pre Euro warmup in Prague and I reckon I’d have Wembley and Hampden sewn up. 

(All from the confines of Wiltshire (so all away games for me).

J

4 minutes ago, Texas Pete said:

Another of the many flaws in my thinking, or was the change made less than 10 home games ago? 

It's a massive shame that we finally make a finals with two games at home and if it wasn't for Covid any one who attended all the home games or even most of them would have got a ticket.

Just now, SteveHFC said:

Hope both of us can make it to the cup final next week. 😃

If only mate. 

I missed 2016 (wife’s best friends wedding, I know) and won’t be there this year. It’s an omen, I tell you!

J

19 minutes ago, ceudmilefailte said:

Another of the many flaws in my thinking, or was the change made less than 10 home games ago? 

It's a massive shame that we finally make a finals with two games at home and if it wasn't for Covid any one who attended all the home games or even most of them would have got a ticket.

I think it came in a good while ago now. 10 of my points are from home games so the last 10 definitely count. 

Yeah it is a shame but what can you do? Hopefully we will qualify for the next Euros and a lot more people can go.  

43 minutes ago, DING said:

This will never happen. UEFA want to wring every last penny out of TV deals so they want games on the telly Wednesday to Tuesday in their week of football. Money over fans at every turn. 

2 hours ago, Texas Pete said:

I can see this turning into a stramash. 

Why though? It's the fairest way to sell tickets with first chance going to those with the most loyalty points. 

If someone who isn't an SSC member wanted a chance at a ticket they had the option of the UEFA ballot. 

4 hours ago, TDYER63 said:

My husband has said someone he knows in the travel club has just had an email saying 12 points and above for Wembley and 13 for Hampden games.  
Might be shit right enough the information is coming about 4th hand.

This is false as you suspected. 

The expectation is around 16 points needed for Hampden. May come down a little if people on higher points have secured tickets via UEFA public sale. With larger allocation for Wembley you should have a chance if on 12 points or above (12 points is what anyone who has renewed for a couple of campaigns and been to all recent home games will have).

Edited by jcluk

13 minutes ago, jcluk said:

Why though? It's the fairest way to sell tickets with first chance going to those with the most loyalty points. 

If someone who isn't an SSC member wanted a chance at a ticket they had the option of the UEFA ballot. 

No, the fairest way of doing it would be for UEFA to give the SFA an allocation of tickets and the SFA could sell them directly to SSC members. Buying through the UEFA website will be a pain in the arse because you won’t be able to buy for your friends and family group.

I wasn't suggesting this sale should be open to non- members. Quite the opposite. 

Problems will arise because the SFA won’t know who already has tickets and they also won’t know when a member has bought a ticket so when will they know to release more access codes?

Hopefully it won’t be as bad as I fear but we’ll find out when we eventually get our emails. 

24 minutes ago, jcluk said:

The expectation is around 16 points needed for Hampden. May come down a little if people on higher points have secured tickets via UEFA public sale. With larger allocation for Wembley you should have a chance if on 12 points or above (12 points is what anyone who has renewed for a couple of campaigns and been to all recent home games will have).

Whose expectation is that? We have no clue how many tickets we are getting and even less of a clue as to how many members already have tickets for each match. 

12 minutes ago, Texas Pete said:

No, the fairest way of doing it would be for UEFA to give the SFA an allocation of tickets and the SFA could sell them directly to SSC members. Buying through the UEFA website will be a pain in the arse because you won’t be able to buy for your friends and family group.

I wasn't suggesting this sale should be open to non- members. Quite the opposite. 

Problems will arise because the SFA won’t know who already has tickets and they also won’t know when a member has bought a ticket so when will they know to release more access codes?

Hopefully it won’t be as bad as I fear but we’ll find out when we eventually get our emails. 

Agree 100%. I know it’s all out the SSC’s hands but I really hope they are continuing to fight this shambles. Your suggestion would clearly be the fairest way. 
As time goes on I lose a wee bit more enthusiasm and excitement over the whole thing every day.....

39 minutes ago, jcluk said:

Cant say I am surprised . My suspicions were raised when the number of points required for Hampden were the exact same as I am on. He is clearly trying to butter me up with some positive news before telling me he has wrecked the car . 

36 minutes ago, McTeeko said:

Agree 100%. I know it’s all out the SSC’s hands but I really hope they are continuing to fight this shambles. Your suggestion would clearly be the fairest way. 
As time goes on I lose a wee bit more enthusiasm and excitement over the whole thing every day.....

I’m the same mate. Struggling to muster any enthusiasm for it at all which is a shame because we should all be getting ready to party in Glasgow and London. 

A lot of it obviously can’t be helped but the ticket situation should be done and dusted by now and could have been organised a lot better by UEFA. 

Controversial I know and I fully supported the cancelling of all tickets and reallocating via the SSC. But for reasons already stated this hasn’t happened.

Now I’ve become used to the fact that I am not getting any tickets, but given the unprecedented times we are in, is there not some sense to pool all the tickets for the three game that the SSC have and allocate to as many SSC members as possible?

Don't get me wrong, I’ve supported the points system (resisted as it changed from STC to SSC), but we are in the middle of something that hasn’t happened before or hopefully want happen again. We have all gone through years of following mostly joyless Scotland games home and abroad. Most of us have never been near a tournament. (I first started travelling with Scotland in 2003 when I finished Uni). It could be another 20 years until the next tournament. 

3 games would give circa 7k to 8k tickets. That would sort out all pointed members in some way or other.

I know this will be unpopular and hey, if the shoe was on the other foot I’d be telling me unlucky mate. But this is something so out of the ordinary, that it could do with an out of the ordinary solution.

Anyway, I live in hope.

J

Edited by Bristolhibby

13 minutes ago, Bristolhibby said:

Controversial I know and I fully supported the cancelling of all tickets and reallocating via the SSC. But for reasons already stated this hasn’t happened.

Now I’ve become used to the fact that I am not getting any tickets, but given the unprecedented times we are in, is there not some sense to pool all the tickets for the three game that the SSC have and allocate to as many SSC members as possible?

Don't get me wrong, I’ve supported the points system (resisted as it changed from STC to SSC), but we are in the middle of something that hasn’t happened before or hopefully want happen again. We have all gone through years of following mostly joyless Scotland games home and abroad. Most of us have never been near a tournament. (I first started travelling with Scotland in 2003 when I finished Uni). It could be another 20 years until the next tournament. 

3 games would give circa 7k to 8k tickets. That would sort out all pointed members in some way or other.

I know this will be unpopular and hey, if the shoe was on the other foot I’d be telling me unlucky mate. But this is something so out of the ordinary, that it could do with an out of the ordinary solution.

Anyway, I live in hope.

J

I wouldn’t be against this. I probably have enough points for a ticket to all 3 matches if the usual points system is used but I wouldn’t be opposed to everyone with points getting a ticket for a single game as long as those on higher points were given a choice of match and ticket category.