Euro 2021 UEFA ticket process confirmed - Page 16 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Euro 2021 UEFA ticket process confirmed

GaryWood34

3 hours ago, Texas Pete said:

It really wouldn’t. Last 10 home games and 2 bonus points would get you 12 points.

You’re probably right that 10% would be too high but I have seen plenty of people taking their kids to away games to suggest it’s probably a bit higher than 1%. 

On 11 points as chose not to go to the friendly with Costa Rica about what seems like 5 years ago. Not in a million years did I think that decision would cost me a ticket for Euro 20! Should really start going to the odd away game again but no use crying over spilt milk now. 😘

Seems them down south have got their allocation sorted and planning to sell their “home team” tickets from next Tuesday.

They have 2968 for the game against us mainly in the €50 category.8342D77D-8779-4B55-8612-22E69195CF94.jpeg.b54c1e51457ce2351a450ff28b60b44a.jpeg

I’m on 24 points, so will be guaranteed a ticket for all 3 games, but very much doubt I can be arsed going to all 3, people I go with are saying the same. 

I think the tickets will get to the lower points ranges due to the whole debacle of this. No sitting with mates, staggered entry, expensive tickets, pubs and travel issues. 

2 hours ago, Texas Pete said:

No, the fairest way of doing it would be for UEFA to give the SFA an allocation of tickets and the SFA could sell them directly to SSC members. Buying through the UEFA website will be a pain in the arse because you won’t be able to buy for your friends and family group.

I wasn't suggesting this sale should be open to non- members. Quite the opposite. 

Problems will arise because the SFA won’t know who already has tickets and they also won’t know when a member has bought a ticket so when will they know to release more access codes?

Hopefully it won’t be as bad as I fear but we’ll find out when we eventually get our emails. 

My understanding is the SFA will know who has tickets after the ballot and will cross reference ticket purchases against the SSC membership. The rules are one ticket per person so they will have it covered.

2 hours ago, Texas Pete said:

Whose expectation is that? We have no clue how many tickets we are getting and even less of a clue as to how many members already have tickets for each match. 

ATAC expectation based on percentages of approved capacity. 

Another interesting thing will be how UEFA go about re-selling any unsold tickets. (Thinking about the Czech/Croat allocations). 

Do they add them to the SSC allocation to distribute with more access codes or do they sell them in a public sale. If there were to be a public sale after all the ticket cancellations, that would be a kick in the baws. 

34 minutes ago, jcluk said:

ATAC expectation based on percentages of approved capacity. 

I don’t think any percentages have been confirmed yet. The percentages that were confirmed originally were based on full capacity. 

28 minutes ago, bossman4 said:

So based on that English allocation, is it right that hosts get 19% of capicity? If thats the case then the FA have taken about 1300 tickets, I can only presume for WAGS, spnonsors and celebrities? 

12% + 3%.

Looks like England have not actually sold their full 3% extra for sponsors and VIP’s, and some have found their way into their fan club amount.

1 hour ago, niallb said:

Seems them down south have got their allocation sorted and planning to sell their “home team” tickets from next Tuesday.

They have 2968 for the game against us mainly in the €50 category.8342D77D-8779-4B55-8612-22E69195CF94.jpeg.b54c1e51457ce2351a450ff28b60b44a.jpeg

On this basis I guess our Wembley allocation should be something similar then? I am going on the basis UEFA would make the two competing sides allocations roughly similar? 

37 minutes ago, jcluk said:

My understanding is the SFA will know who has tickets after the ballot and will cross reference ticket purchases against the SSC membership. The rules are one ticket per person so they will have it covered.

How will they know that? You didn’t need to enter your SSC number when buying tickets in the public sale. 

1 hour ago, shaggycoo said:

On 11 points as chose not to go to the friendly with Costa Rica about what seems like 5 years ago. Not in a million years did I think that decision would cost me a ticket for Euro 20! Should really start going to the odd away game again but no use crying over spilt milk now. 😘

12 points might not even be enough anyway.

It’s typical though. Most of us have been waiting 23 for this and a lot of people are going to miss out. 

4 minutes ago, Texas Pete said:

How will they know that? You didn’t need to enter your SSC number when buying tickets in the public sale. 

No. However, do have name and address for tickets to be sent to. UEFA have said they will enforce the strict one ticket per person rule so must be a way they can check and coordinate with the national team supporters clubs.

7 minutes ago, wanderer said:

12% + 3%.

Looks like England have not actually sold their full 3% extra for sponsors and VIP’s, and some have found their way into their fan club amount.

Thought it was 16% for competing nations? Or did that change?

Just now, jcluk said:

No. However, do have name and address for tickets to be sent to. UEFA have said they will enforce the strict one ticket per person rule so must be a way they can check and coordinate with the national team supporters clubs.

Possibly but I’m pretty sure there are data protection laws against sharing information like that.

Will be interesting to see how it works. 

1 hour ago, niallb said:

How can the English know this before us when they would have had more tickets to be cancelled than us?

Always the last to know. I can’t help but feel the SFA know more than they are letting on.  

23 minutes ago, jcluk said:

There will be no physical tickets. They’re all digital. You could previously buy a souvenir ticket as an add on but I doubt if that option will still exist at this late stage 

One major issue UEFA has that both Croatia and Czech Republic are on the amber list which means people from there (outside the sports bubble) need to quarantine for 10 days when they arrive and take two covid tests. How many fans are going to put up with that? Maybe we haven't heard anything because UEFA haven't confirmed what is happening with their allocated tickets?

3 minutes ago, Beauvais tartan army said:

One major issue UEFA has that both Croatia and Czech Republic are on the amber list which means people from there (outside the sports bubble) need to quarantine for 10 days when they arrive and take two covid tests. How many fans are going to put up with that? Maybe we haven't heard anything because UEFA haven't confirmed what is happening with their allocated tickets?

There are plenty of Czechs and Croatians that live in the UK that could buy tickets. 

36 minutes ago, McTeeko said:

There will be no physical tickets. They’re all digital. You could previously buy a souvenir ticket as an add on but I doubt if that option will still exist at this late stage 

True. However they do have the data to check against and stop one person buying multiple tickets.

1 minute ago, Beauvais tartan army said:

Would they be able to buy them though? Would their tickets not be allocated similar to ours?

Not sure how it will work but not all countries have a supporters club (not sure if Czechs or Croatia do).

To buy a ticket from UEFA in these sales you do need an access code from your FA but the FAs can allocate the codes as they see fit.

There will definitely be Czechs and Croatians at the games but whether they will sell their full allocations or not I don’t know.

1 hour ago, AlfieMoon said:

Another interesting thing will be how UEFA go about re-selling any unsold tickets. (Thinking about the Czech/Croat allocations). 

Do they add them to the SSC allocation to distribute with more access codes or do they sell them in a public sale. If there were to be a public sale after all the ticket cancellations, that would be a kick in the baws. 

You’d think they’d offer any unsold tickets to the SFA but common sense doesn’t seem to be a thing that UEFA is familiar with. 

The tickets will sell out either way so they probably won’t care if they go to SSC members or any Tom, Dick or Harry off the street that may never have been to Hampden before in their puffs. 

1 hour ago, bossman4 said:

Thought it was 16% for competing nations? Or did that change?

Aye, sorry 16%, looking at England’s tickets so games appear more popular with the vip/sponsors/friends and families than others do.

15 minutes ago, Beauvais tartan army said:

Would they be able to buy them though? Would their tickets not be allocated similar to ours?

Representatives of Croatian and Czech FA said at U.K. Fans conference couple weeks back that they have only sold a small amount to home fans and do not expect to sell many, but aiming to sell to U.K. based fans.

I know a number of the Ukraine community in U.K. and when they need tickets for games involving the national team or club teams when they play in the U.K., they do it through the Ukrainian embassy in London who get them from the Ukraine FA.