Euro 2021 UEFA ticket process confirmed - Page 12 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Euro 2021 UEFA ticket process confirmed

GaryWood34

1 hour ago, Stockholm 1980 said:

Would UEFA not be better to have a short sale period for Czech and Croatia fans to see the uptake and if there are any spares generated, before commencing the Scotland sale. I can’t see UK based Czechs and Croatians taking up their 16 percents.

I think any returned tickets from them would go back to uefa rather than the SSC

10 minutes ago, Flipping eck said:

I think any returned tickets from them would go back to uefa rather than the SSC

I know that’s what UEFA say, or we assume, but I think what people are saying is that the SFA and SSC should be making strong representations to offer to distribute the tickets to SSC members rather than a public sale that will just be snapped up by Scots anyway. 

A calm controlled and fair distribution to SSC members based on points accrued, or a free for all on the UEFA website?

J

1 minute ago, Bristolhibby said:

I know that’s what UEFA say, or we assume, but I think what people are saying is that the SFA and SSC should be making strong representations to offer to distribute the tickets to SSC members rather than a public sale that will just be snapped up by Scots anyway. 

A calm controlled and fair distribution to SSC members based on points accrued, or a free for all on the UEFA website?

J

Unfortunately what we have learned is UEFA don’t care who is in their seats as long as someone is.

They ofcourse have a heavy preference for it to be the person that will pay the highest or enters the ground via a sponsor.

Just now, GaryWood34 said:

Unfortunately what we have learned is UEFA don’t care who is in their seats as long as someone is.

They ofcourse have a heavy preference for it to be the person that will pay the highest or enters the ground via a sponsor.

Thing is, all tickets available will sell, UEFA are taking no risk. 

Would be good if the SFA could outline my last sentence to UEFA. 

The rickets will sell out regardless. Scots will be in those seats (if the Czechs and Croats can’t attend), A calm controlled and fair distribution to SSC members based on points accrued, or a free for all on the UEFA website?

J

Just now, Texas Pete said:

Where did you get this info?

Do you have a link? 

Sure 

This is the euro 2020 hospitality line :

020 3356 2020

I called them to enquire what they had left as I’ve had my Scotland Czech ticket cancelled and I’m on 10 points. 

Was informed that there is now no hospitality at Hampden for the Euros this summer.

I then went on the site to check this information and it’s down as “sold out” however it has been cancelled fully.

Just now, GaryWood34 said:

Sure 

This is the euro 2020 hospitality line :

020 3356 2020

I called them to enquire what they had left as I’ve had my Scotland Czech ticket cancelled and I’m on 10 points. 

Was informed that there is now no hospitality at Hampden for the Euros this summer.

I then went on the site to check this information and it’s down as “sold out” however it has been cancelled fully.

Interesting. Weren’t they selling these packages for £3500 or something? UEFA bigwigs will choke on their prawn sandwiches if they have to refund a couple of hundred of those. 

5 minutes ago, Texas Pete said:

Interesting. Weren’t they selling these packages for £3500 or something? UEFA bigwigs will choke on their prawn sandwiches if they have to refund a couple of hundred of those. 

I certainly know there was some crazy packages kicking about. Their brochures are still live online.

I enquired about Wembley once and was put off by pricing - not sure I’d have followed through and booked for the Czech match. I think €500 would be the highest I’d go.

Most I’ve ever paid for a match was a Barcelona game and that was €120. Never thought I’d contemplate higher than €200.

Edited by GaryWood34

21 hours ago, allyc said:

It is the British and Irish lions. The pinnacle for many a home nations player and whom many a passionate Irishman has represented with his heart and soul.

It’s just a shame everyone has to apply football mentality to everything...

More a small minded mentality than anything else really. It's the equivalent of having an issue with Scottish golfers being part of the European Ryder Cup team if you happened to vote for Brexit. Both viewpoints would be just as stupid as the other. As you've rightly said it's the pinnacle for these sportspeople.

With things changing and getting better what are the chances of the amount of fans at the games increasing? They have had concerts in Liverpool and now the brits and the snooker world final all with a full house and no masks. If the SFA push to get more tickets and sell them to members surely that is more money for the bigwigs at UEFA. 

Edited by stitch

10 minutes ago, stitch said:

With things changing and getting better what are the chances of the amount of fans at the games increasing? They have had concerts in Liverpool and now the brits and the snooker world final all with a full house and no masks. If the SFA push to get more tickets and sell them to members surely that is more money for the bigwigs at UEFA. 

Can’t see it happening. 

Although the snooker and Brits etc. were full or had big crowds they still only had 1000-4000 people. 

Although the football is outside there will be concerns about overcrowding on public transport if 20,000 plus people are streaming out of Hampden and packing into the trains like cattle like we normally do. 

Personally I’d be happy to take the risk but that’s the kind of pish they’ll come out with.  

9 hours ago, stitch said:

Small correction but the fans at the snooker had to wear masks, I thought? They certainly were all doing so when I was watching. 

The fans at the snooker and the folk at the brits are part of government run test events. Everyone attending has to test beforehand and afterwards for a period of time to see what effect having these events have on transmission. 

Can't see that being applied to 20k people going to a football match unfortunately. 

Might be wrong but I would assume that the SFA and Uefa would love more folk in Hampden, its the Scottish Government that are restricting the number of people. I can't see them relaxing the restrictions on that anytime soon. 

1 hour ago, Lion Rampant said:

The fans at the snooker and the folk at the brits are part of government run test events. Everyone attending has to test beforehand and afterwards for a period of time to see what effect having these events have on transmission. 

Can't see that being applied to 20k people going to a football match unfortunately. 

Might be wrong but I would assume that the SFA and Uefa would love more folk in Hampden, its the Scottish Government that are restricting the number of people. I can't see them relaxing the restrictions on that anytime soon. 

Good arguement for the covid passports the Lliberals are running scared from. 

19 hours ago, tartan davie said:

are we getting tickets for the holland or luxembourg games next month so we can start booking flights  :unsure::unsure:

Sounds like these games are going to closed doors (Luxembourg game to home fans only)

Take in to account that Luxembourg is still on Amber in the Governments traffic lights system, so that means isolation at home upon return, so you would miss the Czech game 

3 hours ago, Lion Rampant said:

Might be wrong but I would assume that the SFA and Uefa would love more folk in Hampden, 

The same SFA who had to be shamed in to asking UEFA & the government to get fans in to the Scottish cup final? 

2 hours ago, Templeton_Peck said:

See the fanzone for England games being set up at Trafalgar square and just for key workers. 

Sounds horrific anyway. We’ll just need to occupy some other open space in central London. 

What worries me is that UEFA won’t use our points totals to allocate tickets , doubt if they have even asked SSC for the totals . They will only use your membership number we gave when registering with UEFA to see that we are eligible for tickets. The result will be first come first served when their site opens to ticket sales .