Poland Match Thread - Page 12 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Poland Match Thread

Clyde1998

I have no idea right now whether Poland will finish 2nd or 4th. The could lose at Hampden, in Dublin and in Germany, and even drop points away to Georgia.

That's why i said "looks like they are go be in top 2". They look like a really good side, that based on current performances could be looking at a top 2 finish, which is why IMO the more points we can take off Ireland the better.

• Replies 349
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Maximum points I think we will get

Germany 1 point

Gibraltar 6 points

Georgia 6 points

Poland 4 points

Ireland 3 points

Should be enough to get to France 2016

I agreed with all of that - except Ireland - 2 x cup tie atmospheres and games........6 points are possible there, as are zero! Those 2 games are the most unpredictable and also the most key - certainly for us........

Ireland draw is disaster, I am not confident of getting through. Decent performance by Scotland but we sat back and defended poorly last 20 minutes.

No it's not. A disaster for Germany, maybe. Poland beating Germany would have been a disaster had we not just took 2 points off them, which almost balances it out.

So, Ireland and Poland are only 1 point better off than they would have expected at this stage. Hardly insurmountable.

We are on track. Home wins against ROI and Poland (and an away win against Georgia) may well be enough for us to qualify.

No it's not. A disaster for Germany, maybe.

Agreed. A draw takes a point out the group every time. If Ireland, Poland and Germany draw every remaining game between each other we'll be in a great position with a couple of wins...

Edited by Toepoke

. Ireland and martin oneill seem to be getting the flukey results just now.

Sorry ,I didnt realise beating georgia 2-1 away from home while being the better team, beating Gibraltar 7-0 and putting in an excellent defensive performance and never giving up, to get a point a point away to the "world champions" was classified as "flukey" results!!!!!!!

But I AM SURE YOU SAW all those matches in their ENTIRETIY and can make those kind of comments.....FFS!!!!!!

anyway congrats to scotland tonight on a great result..

Edited by Green_Tide_Rising

Sorry ,I didnt realise beating georgia 2-1 away from home while being the better team, beating Gibraltar 7-0 and putting in an excellent defensive performance and never giving up, to get a point a point away to the "world champions" was classified as "flukey" results!!!!!!!

But I AM SURE YOU SAW all those matches in their ENTIRETIY and can make those kind of comments.....FFS!!!!!!

anyway congrats to scotland tonight on a great result..

Ignore him. He's lucky North Britain are playing football as a seperate identity.

We should be giving the 2k or even more Irish fans a guard of honour in to the stadium.

Show us middle class, 200k valued house voting no yet still wear that stupid feathered hat, kilt combo to matches the rules in being a nation.

Love Ireland. Admire you buggers so much more than 90 min Jocks we have here, nae doot (Scotland 10 - 17 Italy) to be seen next year. hahahahah, so shite at averyting even being a real country.

Sorry ,I didnt realise beating georgia 2-1 away from home while being the better team

Away! Having watched that game, you were as surprised as anyone that Ireland came away from that game with a win. ;)

I class scoring goals in the last minute of games, maybe not as flukey, but lucky. All i was saying was that you're team are carrying a little bit of luck that way and that is why 4 points against ye isn't good enough.

Btw i voted yes.

Would've taken a point post match and definitely in the last 15mins when they laid siege on our goal. However, part of me feels deflated as we were leading and the Ireland result makes it worse. Still we're in a decent position and need to beat Ireland in next game.

Ignore him. He's lucky North Britain are playing football as a seperate identity.

We should be giving the 2k or even more Irish fans a guard of honour in to the stadium.

Show us middle class, 200k valued house voting no yet still wear that stupid feathered hat, kilt combo to matches the rules in being a nation.

Love Ireland. Admire you buggers so much more than 90 min Jocks we have here, nae doot (Scotland 10 - 17 Italy) to be seen next year. hahahahah, so shite at averyting even being a real country.

Have a word with the Irish boy and see if he has a room to rent then you can feck-off over there and have a love-in

it was a red card challenge

Lewandowski got a hole in his leg

Greer somehow managed to smash his carbon protector :shocked:

referee "didn`t see anything", wasnae even a faul, not to mention a card

Lewandowski's foot was about Greers chest. That's a high foot infringemnet in my eyes.