Your Scotland squad (and first XI) for Euro 2020 - Page 19 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Your Scotland squad (and first XI) for Euro 2020

Taylor1996

3 minutes ago, Squirrelhumper said:

The videos of patterson at a house party on Saturday night arent going to help his cause.

I'm not up to speed with the rules in scotland but aren't households allowed to mix indoors now?

Sounds like the only new faces are going to be Turnbull and potentially Gilmour, and its Considine v Cooper and Griffiths v Shankland for the last two spots.

Edited by wanderer

9 minutes ago, bossman4 said:

Was that not from Monday 17th?

If so Patterson has been a daft laddie, after receiving a suspension her isn't being the smartest cookie by attending a house party

25 minutes ago, wanderer said:

Sounds like the only new faces are going to be Turnbull and potentially Gilmour, and its Considine v Cooper and Griffiths v Shankland for the last two spots.

Considine v Cooper!? 

If Considine is picked ahead of Cooper then god help us all 

1 minute ago, Third Lanark said:

Now confirmed that Clarke will name 30 so only 4 as back-up. One may be a keeper, the rest could be Considine, Paterson, C. because of his versatility and maybe Shankland or Griffiths.

Edit: now BBC say he will name 27! I'd bet Considine if he isn't in main 26. Raging that there is no place for Gauld who could be a real wildcard asset.

26 minutes ago, Third Lanark said:

Edit: now BBC say he will name 27! I'd bet Considine if he isn't in main 26. Raging that there is no place for Gauld who could be a real wildcard asset.

He's naming 1 more player? What on earth is the point in that?! That would be brutal to take just 1 extra player to the training camp and dump him before the tournament.

Maybe the 27th will be Gauld, due to the pressure of the fans and media to take him. Then he can leave him at home later.

42 minutes ago, ProudScot said:

Considine v Cooper!? 

If Considine is picked ahead of Cooper then god help us all 

I think Cooper is only just back from injury/lay off from the first team that kept him out of the March games.

9 hours ago, Texas Pete said:

I could be wrong but I don’t think Clarke has ever called up Shinnie has he? 

A lot of people seem certain that he’s going to get named in the squad tomorrow for some reason. 

Paterson has only ever been brought in by Clarke as injury cover as far as I remember so I’ll be surprised if he makes the squad. 

I'm not sure he has, but since Jack has been ruled out there is a dearth of defensive midfielders, and Shinnie is the only one - that I can think of - playing at a decent-ish level. I still don't think he's good enough for international football though.

There is actually a case to make for including Paterson due to his versatility. Again, though, he's a solid but unspectacular player and it would be underwhelming to see him preferred to someone like Gauld who possesses genuine attacking flair.

2 hours ago, wanderer said:

Considine v Cooper?? Nae harm to Considine but there shouldn't even be a debate there.  Cooper plays every week against the standard of opponent we're going to be facing next month; Considine is a good club player but that's it.

I don't think Griffiths has done enough to justify being selected but I'd still pick him every day of the week over Shankland, who just isn't good enough.

2 hours ago, vanderark14 said:

I'm not up to speed with the rules in scotland but aren't households allowed to mix indoors now?

Depends where you are in Scotland. If Patterson stays in Glasgow then he shouldn't have been in someone else's home unless he's in a "bubble" with them.

3 minutes ago, scotlad said:

Considine v Cooper?? Nae harm to Considine but there shouldn't even be a debate there.  Cooper plays every week against the standard of opponent we're going to be facing next month; Considine is a good club player but that's it.

I don't think Griffiths has done enough to justify being selected but I'd still pick him every day of the week over Shankland, who just isn't good enough.

I think Cooper is only just back from a knee knock, and has been in and out the Leeds side since early March.

Given he started last night for Leeds, that has probably seen him shooting off into the lead between those two for that final defenders spot.

Edited by wanderer

8 minutes ago, wanderer said:

I think Cooper is only just back from a knee knock, and has been in and out the Leeds side since early March.

Given he started last night for Leeds, that has probably seen him shooting off into the lead between those two for that final defenders spot.

I think he played the full 90 yesterday.

8 minutes ago, scotlad said:

I think he played the full 90 yesterday.

I think he did, as when I saw Leeds were playing I was curious to see if he was playing, as his Euros fate could have hinged on last nights game.

On 5/17/2021 at 5:33 PM, er yir macaroon said:

Phillips? 

Yeah; outside of Fraser and Forrest, we just don't have pace. I don't think he's brilliant, but he has been playing the last wee while for his club, has pace and could be an option off the bench if we need to change things with his direct running and speed. If it were a 23 man then he'd not get in, but for me, we badly lack pace amongst the squad for wide positions and it would be good to have the option to go wide should we need to. 

Christie has pace, but he tends to cut in. Bit out there, I appreciate, and I don't expect Phillips will get back in, but hey ho.