Anyone Else Lost Interest In Club Pash? - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Anyone Else Lost Interest In Club Pash?

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have only ever been interested in Hearts and Scotland and that remains the case. This season has been a fantastic one so far for Hearts so no way am I losing interest in club football. I have never had any interest in watching a full english club game on Sky or any other channel, although I'll watch MotD for the goal action

For the first time in my life i'm probably more interested in club football than international.

A combination of the SFA and the No vote has killed much of my appetite for following Scotland.

For the first time in my life i'm probably more interested in club football than international.

A combination of the SFA and the No vote has killed much of my appetite for following Scotland.

:ok:

Do you think Aberdeen having a good spell at the moment is a big factor in it too?

Might explain why I'm going the other way!

:lol:

Totally agree. Watched the club game "live" via Twitter as I was on holiday at the weekend. Only found out the Scotland score later on in the evening. Haven't even checked to see if the game is on tv tonight.

From the highs of Dortmund we've had the dispair of the referendum and I'm not sure when I'll regain my appetite for following "North Britain" as we've resigned ourselves to being. :(

Out with Scotland games I struggle to watch 90 minutes on the TV. Enjoyed the group stages of the World Cup, which was the exception and keep up to date with the SPL on YouTube.

Couple of times a month I'll go watch local teams down the park and still enjoy that.

Modern day CL, EPL, La Liga etc especially since moving abroad has lost any appeal

I have badly fallen out of love with Aberdeen. It was always a precarious relationship looking back. So yes club football is of zero interest for the foreseeable future.

(Even watching MOTD with its condensed highlights is a chore.)

Edited by thplinth

Haven't been back to a Rangers game since the referendum and that will continue this weekend when I'm heading to the Glasgow Warriors v Bath game at Scotstoun instead - despite still having a season ticket at Ibrox.

Didn't go to the Scotland game on Saturday primarily because of the pricing but I think post referendum blues have played a part. Not in Poland despite being there in March for the friendly, that's down to a mix of post referendum and work pressure. Will head out tonight to watch it in the pub but feel strangely apathetic.

Haven't watched any league football on TV for months. The only sport I watch on TV tends to be NFL where I probably watch a minimum of two full games a week - Bears and Patriots always - and probably the late Sunday game and Monday night football. Appreciate it's not everyones thing but love the game, strategy, professionalism and relative equality (vis the draft) of the NFL. Match commentary is also so far in advance of football commentary that I actually look forward to the opinions of the panel and match day team!

I think I'll drift back to Scotland and probably travel again next year, and might go to the Ireland game at Parkhead. Rangers is proving to be a bit more of a struggle after the referendum, so will have to see how that develops. Plan to head to Chicago for a couple of Bears games in December and have to say that is something I'm looking forward to immensely!

TT

Edited by TartanTeddy

I've pretty much lost my enthusiasm for football full stop. Still go to Thistle home games because of my season ticket but that feels like a chore most of the time. Not sure when I'll be back at a Scotland game but it's likely to be some time; possibly Germany at Hampden next year.

Similar, but Larkhall Thistle for me. Spent my Scotland money going to Arc and Italian Grand Prix this year though might to Gibraltar game next year if it's Portugal but that would be as much for the golf as the football.

Ditto