Oliver McBurnie - Page 8 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Oliver McBurnie

Taylor1996

2 hours ago, Blantyre_Braveheart said:

There's a new video going around where he is getting quite a bit of abuse by the guy before he goes up to him.

I'm not condoning McBurnie but if you're going to act like a clown to someone's face, then you can't exactly play the victim when he gives you some retribution.

As a footballer McBurnie should know better than to retaliate and react, but I can only imagine how it must feel to have some random screaming, shouting and taking the piss out of you to your face. Especially when you are with your partner and she is having to hear all these awful things aswell.

I thought there must be more to this. I've only seen the first video but it's clear from the very start that something - or someone - has angered him.

It's easy to say he shouldn't react like that but I bet a lot of people on here would react a similar way if they found themselves in a similar situation.

One thing's for certain, Oli McBurnie is quite an unfortunate young man.

40 minutes ago, Templeton_Peck said:

The man had the balls to step up and slot away a penalty that took us to the euros. Full respect him for that especially given the grief he gets. 

The guy just had enough and snapped. Hope he can get his career back on track. 

Agree with that 100%

On 5/11/2021 at 7:03 PM, breeks_mctavish said:

Visible IP addresses would also blow your cover!

My cover?

Which other active TAMBer am I supposed to be? 

Anyone? Anyone at all? 

Public Service Announcement: Clinical paranoia is a serious mental disorder.

On 5/11/2021 at 6:02 PM, Blantyre_Braveheart said:

There's a new video going around where he is getting quite a bit of abuse by the guy before he goes up to him.

I'm not condoning McBurnie but if you're going to act like a clown to someone's face, then you can't exactly play the victim when he gives you some retribution.

As a footballer McBurnie should know better than to retaliate and react, but I can only imagine how it must feel to have some random screaming, shouting and taking the piss out of you to your face. Especially when you are with your partner and she is having to hear all these awful things aswell.

He’s constantly getting harassed by these idiots

Yeah. I was right.

Harassed and followed around and verbally assaulted by three men. The one behind the camera was 21.

I'm telling you, though, the people here giving him verbals are a lot worse that that back of cowards. 

And it's funny, people call me obsessed when I give Armstrong and Adams criticism, but it's alright for aforementioned people to go on daily pelters to McBurnie. Maybe it's only acceptable when it's packs doing it.

Also, I may criticize Armstrong and Adams, but there's no way I would call them half the stuff that some people are calling McBurnie. 

People don't have to like McBurnie, but at the end of the day he's a Scotland player. Same with Armstrong and Adams. 

On 5/11/2021 at 12:48 PM, Squirrelhumper said:

You being first to be admitted.

I was talking about Oliver McBurnie's hypothetical reaction to his TAMB detractors, if he were privy to their IP addresses. 

What are you talking about? Why would I be admitted?

9 hours ago, Taylor1996 said:

He’s constantly getting harassed by these idiots

Yeah. I was right.

Harassed and followed around and verbally assaulted by three men. The one behind the camera was 21.

I'm telling you, though, the people here giving him verbals are a lot worse that that back of cowards. 

And it's funny, people call me obsessed when I give Armstrong and Adams criticism, but it's alright for aforementioned people to go on daily pelters to McBurnie. Maybe it's only acceptable when it's packs doing it.

Also, I may criticize Armstrong and Adams, but there's no way I would call them half the stuff that some people are calling McBurnie. 

People don't have to like McBurnie, but at the end of the day he's a Scotland player. Same with Armstrong and Adams. 

Yep.A lot of people on here who are very selective in who they criticise.For some reason Mc Burnie has became the guy that everyone hates.Here is a guy who has turned up at three age levels for us,and always given his best.Now,if you think his best isn't good,that's fine,but where's the need for all the personal bile.The guy wanted to play for Scotland and was proud to do so at the first time of asking.Which is more than can be said of some in the squad.As for the video of him,all I can say is he didn't hit those scum hard enough.

2 minutes ago, thesaint said:

Yep.A lot of people on here who are very selective in who they criticise.For some reason Mc Burnie has became the guy that everyone hates.Here is a guy who has turned up at three age levels for us,and always given his best.Now,if you think his best isn't good,that's fine,but where's the need for all the personal bile.The guy wanted to play for Scotland and was proud to do so at the first time of asking.Which is more than can be said of some in the squad.As for the video of him,all I can say is he didn't hit those scum hard enough.

Hes not liked because he’s shite and an arsehole

1 hour ago, thesaint said:

Exactly. 

The lad that just replied to you is an example. They will say whatever they want as they have internet courage. They can say whatever nonsense they like, as they have the protection of anonymity. 

Would they say it to McBurnie's face? No chance.

Total shmo. But that lad wants a Scotland player (Palmer) to get injured, and keeps insisting that McBurnie will miss the Euros (in hope, more than anything else), so what can you expect. 

I may not like Armstrong and Adams, but still they're human beings and deserve some level of respect, especially since they represent us. Same goes with Oliver McBurnie. 

4 minutes ago, ParisInAKilt said:

It’s not disrespectful to point out McBurnie has mostly been rotten for us, 16 caps, not a handful of minutes. 

Look around this thread and he's being called an "arsehole" and a "tosser", etc.

That's not a critique of his footballing abilities. 

Edited by Taylor1996

1 minute ago, Taylor1996 said:

Look around this thread and he's being called an "arsehole" and a "tosser", etc.

That's not a critique of his footballing abilities. 

Probably not but he’s a big lad, I’m sure footballers get called a lot worse on social media. 

Most of the criticism is fair and related to his performances. 

3 minutes ago, ParisInAKilt said:

Probably not but he’s a big lad, I’m sure footballers get called a lot worse on social media. 

Most of the criticism is fair and related to his performances. 

Which is why it attracts cowardly bullies.

I'd like to think Scotland fans would be a lot nicer and a lot more supportive to their own.

I've given Armstrong and Adams pelters, but to get personal with the abuse is really low. It's worse with it being done by grown men.

2 minutes ago, Taylor1996 said:

Which is why it attracts cowardly bullies.

I'd like to think Scotland fans would be a lot nicer and a lot more supportive to their own.

I've given Armstrong and Adams pelters, but to get personal with the abuse is really low. It's worse with it being done by grown men.

Armstrong and Adams aren’t driving drunk and fighting with guys in the street are they? 

1 minute ago, ParisInAKilt said:

The joys of being a famous footballer.

Or the joys of people having opinions about people and events that have absolutely zero to do with them.

Now x it by a couple of billion, and you get social media and cancel culture. In other words, a bunch of spineless bullies that need to mind their own business.

Just now, Taylor1996 said:

Or the joys of people having opinions about people and events that have absolutely zero to do with them.

Now x it by a couple of billion, and you get social media and cancel culture. In other words, a bunch of spineless bullies that need to mind their own business.

Sure but you’re the one focused on this as well, plenty of posts talking about his performances 

1 minute ago, ParisInAKilt said:

Sure but you’re the one focused on this as well, plenty of posts talking about his performances 

Yes, because the other people are dishing out the abuse.

But sure, if you think it's all good, then you do you.