Rangers v St.Johnston.. Match thread.. - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Rangers v St.Johnston.. Match thread..

34 minutes ago, RDFH64 said:

Just seen Roofe's tackle, I await Gerrard's next comments about referee consistency in Scotland.

Probably be I didn't see it at the time & haven't seen a replay yet. 

Maybe Roofe not getting the red card is the consistency he was looking for....:wink2:

1 hour ago, RDFH64 said:

Just seen Roofe's tackle, I await Gerrard's next comments about referee consistency in Scotland.

Probably be I didn't see it at the time & haven't seen a replay yet. 

The consistency is that he should have been sent off, and if he's cited he'll be banned.  

But that all similar tackles should be dealt with in a similar fashion.  

Gerrard was clear in his assessment of Morelos that the club couldn't defend it.

41 minutes ago, Debian said:

The consistency is that he should have been sent off, and if he's cited he'll be banned.  

But that all similar tackles should be dealt with in a similar fashion.  

Gerrard was clear in his assessment of Morelos that the club couldn't defend it.

Aye but he's wrongly defended him numerous times in the past for similar incidents, appealed the red card for the McKenna stamp where both players deserved their red cards. Consistency ?

28 minutes ago, RDFH64 said:

Aye but he's wrongly defended him numerous times in the past for similar incidents, appealed the red card for the McKenna stamp where both players deserved their red cards. Consistency ?

I tried editing this but couldn't.

Curtis Main should have received a straight red for his tackle against Rangers & Brown should have received numerous over the years for his thuggery, that's where we need consistency.

Thought the Roofe challenge was in the same ball park as the Curtis Main one, both should have been reds, and should have been no complaints if one was given in either case.

Ref saw it and only deemed a yellow, so we move on.

Roofe one at 1st glance didn’t look as bad as it does when you see it again, he’s gone over the ball with a stamping motion and studs up. If you’ve got VAR it’s a red.

No way he (Roofe) will get cited, it’s not worth it. 😂

Just now, sbcmfc said:

Thought the Roofe challenge was in the same ball park as the Curtis Main one, both should have been reds, and should have been no complaints if one was given in either case.

Ref saw it and only deemed a yellow, so we move on.

Roofe one at 1st glance didn’t look as bad as it does when you see it again, he’s gone over the ball with a stamping motion and studs up. If you’ve got VAR it’s a red.

No way he (Roofe) will get cited, it’s not worth it. 😂

It was a red card every day of the week I'm a bit baffled as to how the ref could have deemed it a yellow.  However as it was a yellow is he able to be cited?  I thought it was only if no action taken by the ref?

10 hours ago, Big Ramy 1314 said:

Kemar Roofe. Disgusting tackle. Why no red card??? " Operation prevent 10IAR"... Conspiracy... Bastards..

Celtic forward Albian Ajeti faces a two-match ban after being charged with diving to win a penalty in Tuesday's win at Kilmarnock.

Odsonne Edouard converted from the spot to make it 2-0 early in the second half, with Celtic going on to score twice more at Rugby Park.

The incident has since been reviewed by a panel of former referees, who have charged the Swiss with a breach of Scottish FA disciplinary rule 201 which governs "acts of simulation".

2 hours ago, Fairbairn said:

It was a red card every day of the week I'm a bit baffled as to how the ref could have deemed it a yellow.  However as it was a yellow is he able to be cited?  I thought it was only if no action taken by the ref?

I think they can invite him to have another look, but he’d need to admit his mistake....

Happened to a Motherwell player last season, and come to think of it, his wasn’t as bad, it was a solid yellow, but upgraded to red.

The whole system is a shambles. Nobody knows who makes these decisions and how. On that front I agree with Rangers call for consistency.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/49254055

Edited by sbcmfc

56 minutes ago, stirlish said:

Celtic forward Albian Ajeti faces a two-match ban after being charged with diving to win a penalty in Tuesday's win at Kilmarnock.

Odsonne Edouard converted from the spot to make it 2-0 early in the second half, with Celtic going on to score twice more at Rugby Park.

The incident has since been reviewed by a panel of former referees, who have charged the Swiss with a breach of Scottish FA disciplinary rule 201 which governs "acts of simulation".

What is your point? I don't get it...

Consistency. A word only ever used by people moaning that they, or their teams have been caught. 

If we had true consistency, then Morelos would be banned for more games than he plays. He is the biggest wanker that Scottish fitba has ever seen, unless we can count his manager.

You have VAR in games, slow motion replays, freeze frames, and people can’t get a consistent decision on one piece of play, in one game. What chances do different refs, in different games have?