Show us your Christmas tree.... - Page 9 - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Show us your Christmas tree....

We've not got ours up yet (although it'll be the same as last year so I could just reuse that picture!).  We're hosting Christmas dinner this year (got 21 of the buggers coming!) so the house is currently being mopped, scrubbed and polished within an inch of it's life!!

1 minute ago, Fairbairn said:

We've not got ours up yet (although it'll be the same as last year so I could just reuse that picture!).  We're hosting Christmas dinner this year (got 21 of the buggers coming!) so the house is currently being mopped, scrubbed and polished within an inch of it's life!!

21 ???  Why bother cleaning it will look like that pub you used to frequent in New Sneddon St by the time they leave😁

I am having palpitations about Mrs F’s beautiful shiny floor already. 

3 minutes ago, Fairbairn said:

What's the point in that? You'll just have to clean it all again once they've buggered off home again. 😂

1 hour ago, Grim Jim said:

Everything we have has been raised to the curtain rails like a Christmas pelmet away from Godzilla the pup 🥵

I've finally got a couple of minutes on here while the beast is asleep!

😂 if you can get through Christmas with a pup you will survive anything. Your furniture probably not. Alfie came today. Our living room looks like Pet Cemetery , he destroys every toy he has. 

33 minutes ago, killiefaetheferry said:

image.jpg

Very nice indeed Killie. I see you have new curtains this year . I hope Bonzo doesn’t tell Mrs B or she will be off like a shot to Dunelm 😁

35 minutes ago, killiefaetheferry said:

Where is YOURS? 

Mine is the exact same as last year and the year before. No new curtains either. 
I did however make my own wreath this year which I was quite proud of. It looks like shit compared to my friends who makes them , but was no bad for a first attempt by a totally non creative person.

867004EE-81ED-4091-8E24-9C0BEA1162AD.thumb.png.3070f977de5d59757c9c17d20ccdf45b.pngf

Just now, TDYER63 said:

Very nice indeed Killie. I see you have new curtains this year . I hope Bonzo doesn’t tell Mrs B or she will be off like a shot to Dunelm 😁

Mine is the exact same as last year and the year before. No new curtains either. 
I did however make my own wreath this year which I was quite proud of. It looks like shit compared to my friends who makes them , but was no bad for a first attempt by a totally non creative person.

867004EE-81ED-4091-8E24-9C0BEA1162AD.thumb.png.3070f977de5d59757c9c17d20ccdf45b.pngf

That looks great, looks nice and full.

16 minutes ago, TDYER63 said:

The Mrs said the name of the designer and it sounded like Killie so I went along 🤷‍♂️

(Ye'll no' get them at Dunelm 😧)

Turns it it was not actually blue and white stripes I was signing up for.

Edited by killiefaetheferry

37 minutes ago, Malcolm said:

That looks great, looks nice and full.

Why thank you Malcolm.

You will be delighted to hear its environmentally friendly , none of your oasis plastic stuff 😁 If it survives to the New Year I will send you it for your fire ! 

26 minutes ago, killiefaetheferry said:

The Mrs said the name of the designer and it sounded like Killie so I went along 🤷‍♂️

Ah, I can see the connection now 👍 I like the designer too. Infact I have some towels. Any excuse to post this wee boy again ! 

C4D4B71D-4D7F-42A6-AC2A-0EF250FAD529.thumb.jpeg.b6b18b9b6221dfa1308f53d156e6e54e.jpeg

34 minutes ago, TDYER63 said:

Ah, I can see the connection now 👍 I like the designer too. Infact I have some towels. Any excuse to post this wee boy again ! 

Dunelm 😳 (shakes head in disbelief and disappointment). You'll no be getting a Christmas card from Mrs Killie!

Here's my effort. Just plain grey curtains - no Orla Kiely for me detracting from my beautiful Christmas tree planter.

tree.png

6 hours ago, TDYER63 said:

21 ???  Why bother cleaning it will look like that pub you used to frequent in New Sneddon St by the time they leave😁

I am having palpitations about Mrs F’s beautiful shiny floor already. 

6 hours ago, Orraloon said:

What's the point in that? You'll just have to clean it all again once they've buggered off home again. 😂

It's nice you think I have a say in what goes on!

30 minutes ago, Bobster said:

Dunelm 😳 (shakes head in disbelief and disappointment). You'll no be getting a Christmas card from Mrs Killie!

Here's my effort. Just plain grey curtains - no Orla Kiely for me detracting from my beautiful Christmas tree planter.

tree.png

😂😂 do you have a bet on with someone to shoehorn that planter into every thread ?

I quite like the look of those black and white boxes , I wonder what is in them 🤫 Nothing from Dunelm obviously. I will need to lift my shopping standards to get presents in boxes like that 😁

It could do with a bit of colour Bobster. Duncan will be livid . Get some colourful lights on it. 

27 minutes ago, Fairbairn said:

The Clubhouse! That's been bugging me for days!!

That was a bit after my time, I would probably be in Jersey then. Quick google check and it gets quite a few good mentions on this thread on the Black and White Army website.

https://www.blackandwhitearmy.com/forums/index.php?/topic/38090-old-paisley-nightclubs/page/8/#comments

55 minutes ago, TDYER63 said:

That was a bit after my time, I would probably be in Jersey then. Quick google check and it gets quite a few good mentions on this thread on the Black and White Army website.

https://www.blackandwhitearmy.com/forums/index.php?/topic/38090-old-paisley-nightclubs/page/8/#comments

That’s where I found the name! 😂

15 hours ago, TDYER63 said:

Fantastic ! 
How much did your train drivers settle for ? 😁

On Holiday from Boxing Day until at least St Andrews Day with a training day 2-3rd Jan before going back in the loft.  Teachers at the Elf Finishing School were far more militant and remain in the box throughout 2022.  :)