Show us your Christmas tree.... - Page 6 - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Show us your Christmas tree....

2 hours ago, dandydunn said:

Nope, I got more trainers and a jumper to go with them 😀

Anyway, the tree doesn’t have any purpose after Xmas, we can’t even be arsed putting the lights on. I need to buy a plug that my speaker will switch them on for this year, save a bit of effort. 

FFS who's this 'we'?    'Our' lights might still be up in March   :ph34r:

9 hours ago, Grim Jim said:

FFS who's this 'we'?    'Our' lights might still be up in March   :ph34r:

Hardly worth taking them doon at that time. You'll be starting to think about putting them up again. 

I use the same logic with clocks. It's hardly worth putting all the clocks back in October when I'll just have to put them forward again in March.

• 10 months later...
On 12/13/2020 at 8:27 PM, Hertsscot said:

My understanding is that the Germans (from whom we adopted this particular custom) traditionally only put up the tree on Christmas Eve so I'm reluctant to put the tree up too early. Normally I'll go for any day after the third Sunday in Advent, so I'll buy a tree some time this week. I did see a tree in someone's house on 15th November the Sunday after Remembrance Day which struck me as a bit on the early side. 

Time to resurrect this thread and see if we can get any more contributions. I am not overly confident but I will be bumping this thread to the top till xmas day if I need to.

I am mortified to admit my tree went up last weekend as I dont have time the next 2 weekends. I will be more unpopular in Germany than the anti vaxers. 

Anyone else got their tree up yet ? 
 @Lairdyfaeinverclyde ( is he still on here) has  your tree met the elf and safety standards this year ? 

Edited by TDYER63

On 12/4/2020 at 11:25 PM, bonzo said:

As the title says, lets see yours?

Here's oors. 

20201202_192344.jpg

15 hours ago, bonzo said:

Ours is up but it looks surprisingly like it did last year, I did wait until Mrs B had put the winter curtains up this time 😁

20211202_191018.jpg

Yes, the curtains frame it well Bonzo , I can now understand Mrs Bonzo’s ire with you posting a naked tree last year.

I see Santa has been promoted to guardian of the tree , having moved from the sidelines to front stage , boldly standing to protect it from any unvaccinated visitors. 
Have the icicles melted ? They seem to be shorter than last year ?

I am no putting mine up . It looks exactly the same as last year other than the fact my new phone has a better camera which makes the tree look a bit too symmetrical. I dont want Duncan giving me a hard time there are no enough people to chat with on here as it is.

I would expect contributions this year from some of the regular posters. In particular @thplinth. I  reckon I could tell what supermarket he shops at from his xmas tree 😁

On 12/2/2021 at 3:47 PM, TDYER63 said:

Time to resurrect this thread and see if we can get any more contributions. I am not overly confident but I will be bumping this thread to the top till xmas day if I need to.

I am mortified to admit my tree went up last weekend as I dont have time the next 2 weekends. I will be more unpopular in Germany than the anti vaxers. 

Anyone else got their tree up yet ? 
 @Lairdyfaeinverclyde ( is he still on here) has  your tree met the elf and safety standards this year ? 

Hey you, coincidence. Don't come on here much now. When i moved house in the summer i got rid of the dangerous tree and got a new one yesterday. Health and safety will be adhered too. Hope you are well?

1 hour ago, Lairdyfaeinverclyde said:

Hey you, coincidence. Don't come on here much now. When i moved house in the summer i got rid of the dangerous tree and got a new one yesterday. Health and safety will be adhered too. Hope you are well?

That is a spooky coincidence indeed. Did you buy a ghost tree like Prideothenorth? 😁

I enjoyed reading this thread again. Bizarrely , folk on here seemed to be cheerier when we were locked down. 

Hope you have settled in to your new house ok , and are getting to see your wee grandson more now that restrictions are lifted a bit.

I am fine thanks. Hope you have a good Christmas and New Year 👍

12 hours ago, TDYER63 said:

Yes, the curtains frame it well Bonzo , I can now understand Mrs Bonzo’s ire with you posting a naked tree last year.

I see Santa has been promoted to guardian of the tree , having moved from the sidelines to front stage , boldly standing to protect it from any unvaccinated visitors. 
Have the icicles melted ? They seem to be shorter than last year ?

I am no putting mine up . It looks exactly the same as last year other than the fact my new phone has a better camera which makes the tree look a bit too symmetrical. I dont want Duncan giving me a hard time there are no enough people to chat with on here as it is.

I would expect contributions this year from some of the regular posters. In particular @thplinth. I  reckon I could tell what supermarket he shops at from his xmas tree 😁

Ocht, get the picture posted 😆 

We would normally be in Hamburg on this weekend but hey ho. Sitting in the hoose drinking gluhwein and watching YouTube videos of Christmas markets from all over Europe. Enjoy huv a gid wan 🍻

21 hours ago, bonzo said:

IMG-20211208-WA0009.jpg

😂

On 12/4/2021 at 11:15 PM, dandydunn said:

I got lazier this year to switch on the lights. 

Excuse the tree being lopsided, I had to hurry to get it tested before the wife came back from the fridge. 

You should have your baubles strategically placed around the bottom like Warwick to combat its lopsidedness. It must be top heavy with that big teddy perched on the top 😊

Sigh. Not many new trees on here this year 😕 Another good effort by Killae though. 
Get off the trans stuff thread for 2 weeks ya miserable bassas and get some trees up. Or anything festive. 

Here are the lights I bought from QVC whilst pished a few years ago . Not only did I buy one set I bought 2. I will need to live to about 226 yrs old to get my moneys worth of Christmases from them. I mean what other time of year are these going to provide any useful purpose. 

D3D8EC50-E717-40ED-A9DF-B178785D7AD9.thumb.jpeg.bc215112d0ba01c78de869c04db4f5f0.jpeg

23 minutes ago, TDYER63 said:

😂

You should have your baubles strategically placed around the bottom like Warwick to combat its lopsidedness. It must be top heavy with that big teddy perched on the top 😊

😂

You keep your kinky xmas games to yourself. 😂

6 minutes ago, chaff said:

Just for @tyder63

DSC_0605.JPG

Thank you Chaff ! A splendid tree and lights up the corner beautifully 👍 Thank god someone on here has some xmas spirit. 

I notice however that your xmas elf is looking a bit grumpy sitting there on the couch. Have you introduced him to the TAMB by any chance ? 

6 minutes ago, TDYER63 said:

Thank you Chaff ! A splendid tree and lights up the corner beautifully 👍 Thank god someone on here has some xmas spirit. 

I notice however that your xmas elf is looking a bit grumpy sitting there on the couch. Have you introduced him to the TAMB by any chance ? 

He was annoyed I turned him to take his picture, he was watching TV quite happily beforehand

7 minutes ago, TDYER63 said:

And our star broke tonight that's why it's not lit up, a trip to b&q tomorrow

I’m very disappointed that I missed this thread last year which is miraculous given everyone was sitting in the hoose with nothing else to do. 😂 I do love a Christmas tree! 😬

Thankfully, I still have a photo of my effort from last year which can give a further boost to @TDYER63’s Christmas cheer.

This year my tree is likely remaining in the box as I’m at the burd’s hoose. So I may next post her effort by means of competition. 😂

94E3C1EB-A1AC-419F-8FD4-54169778DAF7.jpeg