Show us your Christmas tree.... - Page 10 - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Show us your Christmas tree....

15 hours ago, 86glebestreet said:

That’s excellent 

Cheers mate - to be honest it's probably a bit wanky posting it in the current climate but bizarrely it's a life ambition.  I remember being pissed up early 20's sat on my bill no girlfriend on the horizon still wanking into socks surrounded by couples who quite obviously had varying degrees of longevity ahead of them.  Someone asked what everyone most wanted in life and when it fell to me I said having a Christmas tree - they pissed themselves laughing and offered to have a whip round to buy me one entirely missing the point but for some reason the moment stuck with me.

Fast forward 20 years and I've got a Christmas tree with various bits of tat hanging from it made by my daughter over the last 4 years at nursery and school.  Under it we have the fairground that we shop for one piece a year, plan it together, set it up together and know the order/ year each bit was added and sneak extra accessories when mum isn't looking.  She'll probably hate it in a few years and then maybe love it again when she's got kids of her own but at the moment, we simply turn it on when we watch Jingle Jangle, Elf, Muppets Christmas Carrol, etc and/or when her mates are around and these memories will live with our family for the rest of our respective days hopefully.

Now that's a fucking Christmas tree!  Give me that all day long instead of flash cars, fancy holidays and massive houses that the rest all wanted because they're all pointless, personally speaking, if you haven't got a Christmas tree.  Just got to work out what I want to achieve with the rest of my life now 😂

2 hours ago, ThistleWhistle said:

Cheers mate - to be honest it's probably a bit wanky posting it in the current climate but bizarrely it's a life ambition.  I remember being pissed up early 20's sat on my bill no girlfriend on the horizon still wanking into socks surrounded by couples who quite obviously had varying degrees of longevity ahead of them.  Someone asked what everyone most wanted in life and when it fell to me I said having a Christmas tree - they pissed themselves laughing and offered to have a whip round to buy me one entirely missing the point but for some reason the moment stuck with me.

Fast forward 20 years and I've got a Christmas tree with various bits of tat hanging from it made by my daughter over the last 4 years at nursery and school.  Under it we have the fairground that we shop for one piece a year, plan it together, set it up together and know the order/ year each bit was added and sneak extra accessories when mum isn't looking.  She'll probably hate it in a few years and then maybe love it again when she's got kids of her own but at the moment, we simply turn it on when we watch Jingle Jangle, Elf, Muppets Christmas Carrol, etc and/or when her mates are around and these memories will live with our family for the rest of our respective days hopefully.

Now that's a fucking Christmas tree!  Give me that all day long instead of flash cars, fancy holidays and massive houses that the rest all wanted because they're all pointless, personally speaking, if you haven't got a Christmas tree.  Just got to work out what I want to achieve with the rest of my life now 😂

I watched Scotlands Christmas home of the year last night, I am sure the homeowners spent a lot more money than you did on getting your house ready for Christmas, but I would rather have what you have got, I get the impression they did it up to impress friends but you done yours that way for your family.

Merry Xmas

they did have big fancy houses😄

4 hours ago, ThistleWhistle said:

❤️ That is a lovely post.

I am certain your daughter will always love it, even during the terrible teens. 

22 hours ago, TDYER63 said:

Very nice indeed Killie. I see you have new curtains this year . I hope Bonzo doesn’t tell Mrs B or she will be off like a shot to Dunelm 😁

I don't know what that means but I'm feart to ask her incase she does 🤦‍♂️

41 minutes ago, bonzo said:

😂 I was just joking about Mrs B being annoyed with you for taking a photo of the tree without the curtains up and if she knew Mrs Killie had new curtains this year she would be wanting new curtains ! 

Never underestimate the importance of the TAMB xmas tree thread in the Homes and Garden magazine 😁

43 minutes ago, TDYER63 said:

😂 I was just joking about Mrs B being annoyed with you for taking a photo of the tree without the curtains up and if she knew Mrs Killie had new curtains this year she would be wanting new curtains ! 

Never underestimate the importance of the TAMB xmas tree thread in the Homes and Garden magazine 😁

Hi, just popped in and noticed you commenting on Xmas trees. Just thought i'd make your day and show you my new tree, newish house. hope you observe i took notice of the Health and Safety advice from a couple of years ago🤣

tamb.jpg

14 hours ago, Lairdyfaeinverclyde said:

Hi, just popped in and noticed you commenting on Xmas trees. Just thought i'd make your day and show you my new tree, newish house. hope you observe i took notice of the Health and Safety advice from a couple of years ago🤣

tamb.jpg

Lairdy, great to hear from you ! I will bump this thread every year if it means a wee visit  😁

What a lovely colourful tree. And a new house too. Very exciting . Will your grandson be up for Xmas ?

I must say you have made a fantastic effort , I assume the red envelope lurking in the tree branches is the bill for all the Elf n Safety improvements.
Nice wee box of shortbread you have in the corner, is Mrs L on strike like the rest of the country ? 😁

27 minutes ago, Malcolm said:

Merry Christmas and a guid New Year to you all!B2C8A393-656F-4458-8AEE-E9D06D50ED85.thumb.jpeg.1ed98b2838bde2491c85610f968a2e7d.jpeg

Very nice Malcolm . It is very ‘you’ .
Very ‘ the ghost of xmas past’ . Very atmospheric. 

Are you  sure you live alone , those xmas lights look far too co-ordinated for a bloke ? 

And can you play the piano or is it just there to cover a hole in the wall ? I think you might play the piano. Some Mozart maybe. Am I right? 

On 12/9/2021 at 6:38 PM, TDYER63 said:

Sigh. Not many new trees on here this year 😕 Another good effort by Killae though. 
Get off the trans stuff thread for 2 weeks ya miserable bassas and get some trees up. Or anything festive. 

Here are the lights I bought from QVC whilst pished a few years ago . Not only did I buy one set I bought 2. I will need to live to about 226 yrs old to get my moneys worth of Christmases from them. I mean what other time of year are these going to provide any useful purpose. 

D3D8EC50-E717-40ED-A9DF-B178785D7AD9.thumb.jpeg.bc215112d0ba01c78de869c04db4f5f0.jpeg

From last year. Sense of deja vu. Must be something about xmas that sends folk into a frenzy about trans. 

6 hours ago, TDYER63 said:

Lairdy, great to hear from you ! I will bump this thread every year if it means a wee visit  😁

What a lovely colourful tree. And a new house too. Very exciting . Will your grandson be up for Xmas ?

I must say you have made a fantastic effort , I assume the red envelope lurking in the tree branches is the bill for all the Elf n Safety improvements.
Nice wee box of shortbread you have in the corner, is Mrs L on strike like the rest of the country ? 😁

Just like Santa i will visit once a year. The tree and wrapped presents are all down to MrsL, better not getting involved in tree decoration or gift wrapping, guarantee i would do it wrong 🤣 Going down to see the wee fella next Tuesday (he's 3 next birthday). Must be getting old just sussed out the 'Elf and Safety' comment. 🤣 The Shortbread is heading down south to my daughter-in-law. No, she is still working, my Mrs is working in admin. at the local Health Centre. If i don't pop in before Christmas hope you and the family have a good Christmas and New Year.

1 hour ago, Lairdyfaeinverclyde said:

Just like Santa i will visit once a year. The tree and wrapped presents are all down to MrsL, better not getting involved in tree decoration or gift wrapping, guarantee i would do it wrong 🤣 Going down to see the wee fella next Tuesday (he's 3 next birthday). Must be getting old just sussed out the 'Elf and Safety' comment. 🤣 The Shortbread is heading down south to my daughter-in-law. No, she is still working, my Mrs is working in admin. at the local Health Centre. If i don't pop in before Christmas hope you and the family have a good Christmas and New Year.

😂 I was meaning was she on strike as in was the shortbread replacing her lovely sponge cakes . 

Have a great Christmas and New Year too Lairdy and enjoy your time down south with your family and grandson. I hope all the travel issues dont cause you problems  😊

4 hours ago, TDYER63 said:

Very nice Malcolm . It is very ‘you’ .
Very ‘ the ghost of xmas past’ . Very atmospheric. 

Are you  sure you live alone , those xmas lights look far too co-ordinated for a bloke ? 

And can you play the piano or is it just there to cover a hole in the wall ? I think you might play the piano. Some Mozart maybe. Am I right? 

ha ha, yeah, lights are a case of stick them on the tree - can’t go wrong!  i do play piano, but i busk it really - guitar is my main instrument.  Little bit of everything on the piano… Mozart, Beethoven through to Sinatra and John legend.

14 hours ago, Malcolm said:

ha ha, yeah, lights are a case of stick them on the tree - can’t go wrong!  i do play piano, but i busk it really - guitar is my main instrument.  Little bit of everything on the piano… Mozart, Beethoven through to Sinatra and John legend.

😂 yeah . 

15 hours ago, Malcolm said:

Looks and sounds like a perfect venue for a TAMB nite oot Malcolm. 

Although, it sounds like Tyder might be trying to fire in first for a bit of rocking around the Christmas tree. 

17 hours ago, TDYER63 said:

😂 I was meaning was she on strike as in was the shortbread replacing her lovely sponge cakes . 

Have a great Christmas and New Year too Lairdy and enjoy your time down south with your family and grandson. I hope all the travel issues dont cause you problems  😊

No the sponge cakes are still getting made, my belly is the tell tale sign. Take care.

53 minutes ago, AlfieMoon said:

Looks and sounds like a perfect venue for a TAMB nite oot Malcolm. 

Although, it sounds like Tyder might be trying to fire in first for a bit of rocking around the Christmas tree. 

😂, look, its Christmas, I am simply being  ‘ kind to a capitalist’ . They have feelings too!

Might see if I have a friend who is single and a John Legend fan. 

45 minutes ago, TDYER63 said:

Merry Christmas to everyone when it comes. Hope you all have a great day whatever you are doing and for anyone working hope you get a well earned break at some point 😊

Same to you and Mr. T and all TAMBers.

Cheers.