Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
0Neils40yarder

Oli McBurnie

Recommended Posts

Starting and scoring for a team riding high in one of the top leagues in the World... But according to the TA worthies on here, he's pish and we're better off with Shankland fae the juniors 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, ceudmilefailte said:

Fleck credited with the assist although I haven't seen it. 

Pretty sure McBurnie winding Fleck up in training is the main reason for his massively improved form. Fleck that is.

 

Fleck should have gone himself but unselfishly laid it on a plate fir his pal 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

He's been brilliant tonight. Link up play has been fantastic, and brilliant in the air

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, 0Neils40yarder said:

Starting and scoring for a team riding high in one of the top leagues in the World... But according to the TA worthies on here, he's pish and we're better off with Shankland fae the juniors 

He's been pish anytime he's played for us but give him his dues he's scoring goals and doing well for Sheffield United. He's going to be in our squads for a long time so I wish him all the best and hopefully he can fire us towards the euros.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Snodgrass scores as well and still ppl think we don't have decent players to choose from. We have some good players playing well in the epl and for Celtic in Europe. Clarke Should be able to get a decent team together for march and give us a good chance of going through.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, mccaughey85 said:

Snodgrass scores as well and still ppl think we don't have decent players to choose from. We have some good players playing well in the epl and for Celtic in Europe. Clarke Should be able to get a decent team together for march and give us a good chance of going through.

Clarke can't pick Snodgrass

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If he goes on a run of games where he doesn't look like a competition winner, then fine, people will reconsider their opinions that he is pretty fucking shite.

He has played 889 league minutes, across 20 games, and has scored 4 goals, pure dead brilliant stats.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Its always staggering that people have different opinions isn't it.

Your weird TA worthy comments are certainly different though, so crack on old chap.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Watched the full game, fleck was class. Got the best out of McBurnie with link up play.. just so happens he’s also Scottish and could get the key we are missing to unlocking McBurnie. 
 

If we’re playing McBurnie in the playoffs I hope Steve Clarke starts fleck in the first team with him, it’s an absolute MUST If we are to hopefully see the Sheffield Utd version of McBurnie in a Scotland shirt. Mental if we start one and not both when both know each other like the back of there hand. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

McBurnie is an interesting option but it is obvious he is far better when he plays with a partner and actually has licence to roam into different areas of the pitch. I think he is more than just a focal point front man, he likes to move wide, likes to find space and makes some good runs. He isn't a target man as such, his lanky frame kind of makes us think this is what he is. He finds space well and takes up good positions when he is given more of a licence to roam from the Centre Forward position. Would like to see him up front beside someone and with Fleck in the Midfield behind him as they link well

 

Eta... Sheff Utd have nailed the 352 formation it really suits them and their players and definitely suits McBurnie playing with a partner up front

Edited by bazmidd
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, bazmidd said:

McBurnie is an interesting option but it is obvious he is far better when he plays with a partner and actually has licence to roam into different areas of the pitch. I think he is more than just a focal point front man, he likes to move wide, likes to find space and makes some good runs. He isn't a target man as such, his lanky frame kind of makes us think this is what he is. He finds space well and takes up good positions when he is given more of a licence to roam from the Centre Forward position. Would like to see him up front beside someone and with Fleck in the Midfield behind him as they link well

 

Eta... Sheff Utd have nailed the 352 formation it really suits them and their players and definitely suits McBurnie playing with a partner up front

An alarm just went off in the bat cave🤣

  • Like 1
  • Haha 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, Arbroath1320 said:

Clarke can't pick Snodgrass

It's a shame because he's doing reasonably well for west ham and is only 32. If we could get him to play well in a Scotland shirt again then he would be a real asset.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

One goal that he done his best to miss and we are all wrong? 
I think he is absolutely shocking.

Never seen anyone miss so many chances before in the premier league. I watch a lot of full match highlights of Scotland players and he remains one of the guys im genuinely perplexed about how he has made it to the premier league.

Add in he doesn’t really like playing for us and that’s all that needs said.

Id rather fletcher and that’s saying something.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, bazmidd said:

McBurnie is an interesting option but it is obvious he is far better when he plays with a partner and actually has licence to roam into different areas of the pitch. I think he is more than just a focal point front man, he likes to move wide, likes to find space and makes some good runs. He isn't a target man as such, his lanky frame kind of makes us think this is what he is. He finds space well and takes up good positions when he is given more of a licence to roam from the Centre Forward position. Would like to see him up front beside someone and with Fleck in the Midfield behind him as they link well

 

Eta... Sheff Utd have nailed the 352 formation it really suits them and their players and definitely suits McBurnie playing with a partner up front

Yeah I was thinking this. He actually prefers dropping deep rather than being a target man. 
If we play him he either needs to play in a front two or guarantee we have a midfielder that will run beyond him.

If McGinn is fit he could definitely do this. Christie could too but I’d rather have him on the ball trying to create. I don’t think we have another striker good enough at the moment to play two up. 

So it’s slightly awkward if we want to play him. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Super_Scotlandfan said:

Yeah I was thinking this. He actually prefers dropping deep rather than being a target man. 
If we play him he either needs to play in a front two or guarantee we have a midfielder that will run beyond him.

If McGinn is fit he could definitely do this. Christie could too but I’d rather have him on the ball trying to create. I don’t think we have another striker good enough at the moment to play two up. 

So it’s slightly awkward if we want to play him. 

I reckon Christie upfront with mcburnie might work.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, mccaughey85 said:

It's a shame because he's doing reasonably well for west ham and is only 32. If we could get him to play well in a Scotland shirt again then he would be a real asset.

Thats down to snodgrass himself, he didn't want to put in the extra effort of travelling to or with scotland to play for Scotland

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
49 minutes ago, mccaughey85 said:

I reckon Christie upfront with mcburnie might work.

I agree, christie must play in the support role like mcginn has recently. 

I really hope Fraser is fit too because we are fecked withiout him, mcginn and mctominey

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
Sign in to follow this  



×
×
  • Create New...