Steven Fletcher! - Page 2 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Steven Fletcher!

BlueBonnetsowertheBorder

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Why not both? Especially against Georgia. Naismith, in my opinion, is most effective behind a front man. The centre of our 3 attacking mids is perfect.

Sorry, keep forgetting we have a manager now! I dropped back into the "we've nae chance" Levein zone there for a second.. aye, mibbaes.

I agree with most here. Start both against Georgia. I think it would take a very special performance from Fletcher to get a start in Poland though. Naismith has been awesome up front on his own in games where we need to be a little more cautious.

I would love to see Naismith starting behind Fletcher, but it would mean only starting two from Morrison, McArthur, Fletcher, and Brown. Tough choice.

How would it?

Fletcher upfront. Naismith behind.

Brown and Fletcher holding. Anya left. Morrison right.

Bannan shouldn't be starting this match.

Think his performance at the weekend has probably got him into the team, as he really needs to start getting a consistent run with Scotland going, and Georgia on Saturday is probably as good a chance to get him going as we will get.

How would it?

That's it for me. I was thinking that the team for this match almost picks itself. Barring Snodgrass (and any injuries over the next few days!) we are pretty much at full strength for the first time in ages.

Marshall

Robertson

Hanley

Martin

Hutton

Brown

Fletcher

Anya

Naismith

Morrison

Fletcher

Looks decent to me.

How would it?

Bannan shouldn't, yes, but probably will. Either him or Maloney. Strachan has a soft spot for both. And, to be fair, they are 2 talented players. They are also more attack minded than Morrison. I think if we are going to go full on attack against anyone,then it's against Georgia.

I'd have no problem with our front 4 being: Fletcher, Naismith, Anya and Maloney.

How would it?

I agree about Bannan, but I'm actually hoping to see Dorrans starting on the right.

Morrison doesn't really play on the right these days, although he could do a job there.

That's it for me. I was thinking that the team for this match almost picks itself. Barring Snodgrass (and any injuries over the next few days!) we are pretty much at full strength for the first time in ages.

Marshall

Robertson

Hanley

Martin

Hutton

Brown

Fletcher

Anya

Naismith

Morrison

Fletcher

Looks decent to me.

That is the starting line-up for me but playing Naismith alongside Fletcher up front or in the hole behind him in front of midfield.

“Maybe I made a mistake leaving Fletch out,” Poyet said. “Today told me he should be playing week in week out. It’s very good to know he can play like that; his whole game, not just the finishing, was very good. When I left him out he wasn’t very happy but he took it very professionally. I knew he’d do everything possible to prove me wrong because he’s a strong character. And now who will be the first one to be picked in two weeks time – Steven Fletcher.”

Marshall

Robertson

Hanley

Martin

Hutton

Brown

Fletcher

Anya

Naismith

Morrison

Fletcher

Looks decent to me.

Like the look of that. Dorrans instead of Morrison wouldn't be a disaster. Seems to be inform at the minute.

Realistically GS won’t go two up front now ,he seems to favour the same system as CL although the players seem more positive with it

We have been playing with one man up front supported from midfield in all but one of Strachan’s games to date , he won’t change it in his most important game so far just because Fletcher played well last week

Naismith is a nap to start both if fit , I would be amazed if Fletcher starts either game , great option from the bench though , this could be key - we will need it