Urgent: Flower Of Scotland - Page 4 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Urgent: Flower Of Scotland

firfuxake

I am flabberghasted.

So we should bin FOS purely for one random line in the lyrics? Do me a favour eh?

How many Scotland fans cannot stand The Sound of Music as a film but readily join in to sing 'Doe a Deer'? How many England fans hate or can't stand royal family but sing GSTQ? Need I go on?

Flower of Scotland is our national anthem and that is what it remains. If you want to give the team the best support then belt it out as loud as you can whether you not you want to protest at the independence vote which is now an irrelevance as far as this match is concerned.

• Replies 199
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

When we first started singing FOS we probably had about 5% yes voters in this country and now we have 45% and we want to bin it.....can't quite figure out the logic of that......and now we have the best chance to qualify in years...people don't want to go.......or sing the anthem...or get behind the team.....don't get me started......he he....

When we first started singing FOS we probably had about 5% yes voters in this country and now we have 45% and we want to bin it.....can't quite figure out the logic of that......and now we have the best chance to qualify in years...people don't want to go.......or sing the anthem...or get behind the team.....don't get me started......he he....

Nail on the head. :ok:

This. Every word true!

Bill for first minister. There's a vacancy soon apparently.

higher than 5% i would wager

look at the devolution vote from late 70s to get an indication of the feeling within the country

though a major factor in the 70s for the union was not the 'institution club', or perceived i'm all right jack brigade, but the working class who got through the war and it's aftermath together - and subsequent allegiance to the monarchy

this generation is dwindling obviously

I am flabberghasted.

So we should bin FOS purely for one random line in the lyrics? Do me a favour eh?

One "random lyric" are you f'in serious. It is the whole point of the song!

And you're flabbergasted! :wtf:

One "random lyric" are you f'in serious. It is the whole point of the song!

And you're flabbergasted! :wtf:

If you don't want to sing it, don't sing it. And other folk will sing it if they want to. In the overall scheme of things it's no really that big a decision.

IMO, there is no better time to sing the FOS than now.

I'm more than proud of my yes vote, I was as broken as the next man but the only way to pick ourselves up is with positivity. Dont give these britnats the satisfaction, the 45 need to stick together with a show of unity.

The people who have the dilemma whether to sing it or not is the No voters.

Belt it out. Be proud.

I will say this.

Those of you thinking you are making some sort of a statement by not singing Flower of Scotland are playing into No voters or union supporting hands. It is the union lovers that would have us change our national anthem from FoS and so what are we who want independence achieving by not showing our utter defiance by singing Flower of Scotland - LOUD AND BLOODY PROUD.

Some of us have been singing FoS for longer than Roy Willliamson. For most of that time it looked like there wasn't the remotest possibility that Scotland could become an independent nation again. We are closer now than we have ever been in my lifetime. I am not going to give up now, when the prize is almost within touching distance.

The unionists and No voters wont care that FOS is being belted out as before .... they will see it as job done, everything back to normal.

A stony silence would be seen to be much more significant to those who have voted No - and that to me is what counts because there would be reverse psychological effect.

The unionists and No voters wont care that FOS is being belted out as before .... they will see it as job done, everything back to normal.

A stony silence would be seen to be much more significant to those who have voted No - and that to me is what counts because there would be reverse psychological effect.

I agree

How does that support the Scotland team exactly ?

As a no voter your reaction endorsees my vote and squashes any doubts , Cheers !

Edited by jts73

Seriously what is the goal with a protest and how will this achive the desired outcome ? as a No voter I would like to understand this ?

(A)To make No voters uncomfortable / vent your anger ?

(B)Convince No voters to vote yes in the future ?

…

Almost forgot (C ) Support Scotland in the football game that coincidently is taking place after the anthem ?

Edited by jts73

This. Not to mention that the No voters will get a wee perverse kick our of the twee Ta sing song.

I also wonder about this we will get another chance" theme that's sprung up. Based on what exactly? Why would Westminster even risk this again? If they choose not to then we don't get another chance ever. And as was pointed out often enough even if every ascot votes the same way it matters not one jot to the Government.