Albania vs Scotland - Match Thread [17/11/2018] - Page 13 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Albania vs Scotland - Match Thread [17/11/2018]

Clyde1998

21 minutes ago, Texas Pete said:

It will be two playoff matches if we win the first one. It’s effectively a semi finals and final situation between the four group winners (unless one or more if the group winners qualify next year). 

The first one would only be at home if we finish at least second overall in League C. We should do that with a win given our superior goal difference. 

👍

Simple question. I was working so I did not see the match. 4-0. Great goals, saw the highlights. Now here is my question. Were.we that good, or was Albania that bad. I know they went down to 10 men. I just don't want to get over excited. Not to often Scotland win 4-0 away from home. Seems the formation worked and some new faces really impressed. Cheers. BR 1314

1 hour ago, Texas Pete said:

They didn’t cause us that much bother before the sending off. 

Maybe not, but seemed to me that Patterson was the only one under any pressure, and Israel caused us a lot more bother.   That was in behind us with 3-at-the-back right enough, and I doubt well be in such a mess as in Haifa.

2 minutes ago, er yir macaroon said:

Albania weren’t great, but they had to deal with extremely quick and mobile players in their faces. We pretty much let them huff and puff and picked them off with some great combination passes, running off the ball, and finishing.

Cool. 🙂

Just now, Grim Jim said:

Maybe not, but seemed to me that Patterson was the only one under any pressure, and Israel caused us a lot more bother.   That was in behind us with 3-at-the-back right enough, and I doubt well be in such a mess as in Haifa.

The main problem in Haifa for me was the fact that we effectively had 3 in midfield as Israel had a right go at us, especially after the sending off, and pinned our back 3 and the 2 wing backs back. 

Our midfield was overrun. If we had 5 in midfield, as we did last night, that would not have happened and we may have got a draw in Haifa. 

I can’t see Israel beating us on Tuesday but it will be up to us to take the game to them and show them we are better than we were in Israel. Hopefully we get a decent crowd now and we can try and make some noise and frighten the shite out of them. 

5 minutes ago, Texas Pete said:

The main problem in Haifa for me was the fact that we effectively had 3 in midfield as Israel had a right go at us, especially after the sending off, and pinned our back 3 and the 2 wing backs back. 

Our midfield was overrun. If we had 5 in midfield, as we did last night, that would not have happened and we may have got a draw in Haifa. 

I can’t see Israel beating us on Tuesday but it will be up to us to take the game to them and show them we are better than we were in Israel. Hopefully we get a decent crowd now and we can try and make some noise and frighten the shite out of them. 

I agree. Team is confident. We need a big crowd to get behind them. We can certainly beat Israel. I have no doubt in my mind. These younger players now have a chance to prove themselves, I am sure they won't let us down..

19 hours ago, PASTA Mick said:

#PrayForKirk 

Mate I'm happy he's eventually done something in a Scotland top, if he can keep it up then great. 

15 hours ago, Toepoke said:

1) Albanian skipper put the nut in Christie (who went down like errr Ryan Christie but it was a definite red card offence).

2) Yes. Had to happen eventually. 

3) Impressive. The system suited the players and Fletcher's finesse with his back to goal has been a feature that's been lacking from Scotland recently. 

Aye just watched it, Christie behaving like a fanny but canny argue with the card.

Yep feel a good keeper may have stopped the first goal but at least he has done something for us now. 

Aye from the highlights we seemed to knock it about well. Will see how we do against some better sides before getting too excited though

20 minutes ago, Kirk said:

Mate I'm happy he's eventually done something in a Scotland top, if he can keep it up then great. 

Aye just watched it, Christie behaving like a fanny but canny argue with the card.

Yep feel a good keeper may have stopped the first goal but at least he has done something for us now. 

Aye from the highlights we seemed to knock it about well. Will see how we do against some better sides before getting too excited though

Harsh on Christie, the guy planted one on him and it was as blatant a straight red as you’ll ever see. 

1 hour ago, Bobby Russell's Lovechild said:

I thought Forrest"s second was something that Faddy would conjure up

Aye! A bit surprised more people aren't talking about it. It was bloody lovely. The awareness to use the dink past the defender and the ability to pull off the volley finish. It was really beautiful to see. The pass out to Fraser to set it up was sublime too.

19 minutes ago, mrniaboc said:

Aye! A bit surprised more people aren't talking about it. It was bloody lovely. The awareness to use the dink past the defender and the ability to pull off the volley finish. It was really beautiful to see. The pass out to Fraser to set it up was sublime too.

Hey you, don't be saying positive things about Forrest , you'll get yourself banned 😀

25 minutes ago, slasher said:

There aren't really any negatives from last night. Maybe Paterson making the Sevco boy look like Ronaldo but to be fair he recovered well in the second half. Same again on Tuesday and let's see if we can pull it off!

Sevco? You still using that pish patter? 

The main problem with Paterson was the early booking which meant he couldn’t really risk anything. Grezda should have been booked for diving when he tried to get Paterson sent off.

Under normal circumstances the manager could have put someone else at right back after the booking but obviously that wasn’t an option last night.

I can’t remember who plays on the left for Israel but I do remember O’Donnell being badly exposed a few times in Haifa. Hopefully that won’t happen to Paterson on Tuesday night  

3 hours ago, Kirk said:

Christie behaving like a fanny? Fuck sake man. Get a grip. It was a headbutt. Unlike that tit Lafferty. 

1 hour ago, Texas Pete said:

Sevco? You still using that pish patter? 

The main problem with Paterson was the early booking which meant he couldn’t really risk anything. Grezda should have been booked for diving when he tried to get Paterson sent off.

Under normal circumstances the manager could have put someone else at right back after the booking but obviously that wasn’t an option last night.

I can’t remember who plays on the left for Israel but I do remember O’Donnell being badly exposed a few times in Haifa. Hopefully that won’t happen to Paterson on Tuesday night  

It's not 'patter.' 

Paterson struggled because he's a shit right back hence the reason his club use him elsewhere. The manager could have put Hendry on at half time but thankfully some well chosen words did the trick 👍

Glad to clear that up for u fella.

1 minute ago, slasher said:

It's not 'patter.' 

Paterson struggled because he's a shit right back hence the reason his club use him elsewhere. The manager could have put Hendry on at half time but thankfully some well chosen words did the trick 👍

Glad to clear that up for u fella.

Hendry at right back is a terrifying prospect.

You haven’t cleared anything up for me ya patronising bawbag. 

3 hours ago, er yir macaroon said:

Harsh on Christie, the guy planted one on him and it was as blatant a straight red as you’ll ever see. 

It wasnt enough to go down the way he did ffs 😂 if someone did that to you in the street would you go down like that?

2 minutes ago, Texas Pete said:

Hendry at right back is a terrifying prospect.

You haven’t cleared anything up for me ya patronising bawbag. 

I didn't say Hendry was a good option, merely pointing out he was one.

As for the name calling..... unjustified but you're clearly pretty low on intellect so hey-ho 👍

2 minutes ago, slasher said:

I didn't say Hendry was a good option, merely pointing out he was one.

As for the name calling..... unjustified but you're clearly pretty low on intellect so hey-ho 👍

If you’re going to act like a bawbag I’m happy enough to call you one. 

As for being intellectually challenged, you’re the one that suggested playing Jack Hendry at right back. That has to be one of the daftest suggestions I’ve seen on here. 

5 minutes ago, Texas Pete said:

If you’re going to act like a bawbag I’m happy enough to call you one. 

As for being intellectually challenged, you’re the one that suggested playing Jack Hendry at right back. That has to be one of the daftest suggestions I’ve seen on here. 

I posted my opinion quoting no one. You jumped all over it because of the Sevco remark. You're clearly uncomfortable with facts never mind opinions. 

4 minutes ago, slasher said:

I posted my opinion quoting no one. You jumped all over it because of the Sevco remark. You're clearly uncomfortable with facts never mind opinions. 

I didn’t jump all over it. I just haven’t heard anyone use that cringey patter for a while. It was funny 6 years ago. 

I was actually agreeing with your post if you would care to read it again. I was just saying that Paterson was exposed against Grezda because of the early booking and there was a real danger of him getting sent off and there was no real option to replace him. If it wasn’t for the booking he wouldn’t have been so hesitant which made Grezda look better than he is.  

Ok, McLeish could have put Hendry on at RB but Grezda would have destroyed him and McLeish would have been vilified for it.