Gazza - Page 7 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

2 hours ago, Ormond said:

If Alan posts it then it’s not racism. It’s more good ol’ Blighty humour which should make us feel proud to be British. 

Ah! I realise my mistake now. 

I should know my place and stay in it 

I never was any good at doing what I was told. Non conformist apparently. Or objectionable bastard, depending who you talk to. 😀 

Sooper davie cooper on the wing. Him and tommy burns. Legends in the scottish game. And that is what the whole thing should be about. Harper too. Peter marinello and joe baker. Dont get me wrong i loved gascoine but even he would be emabarassed i am sure. Baker is a particular favourite of mine as he played in the same team as me. I have a book that is called the fabulous baker boys. Wortha read 

On 10/7/2018 at 8:00 AM, RenfrewBlue said:

Why isn't Tommy Burns there? 

If the nomination process is a public vote then it looks like an organised clump of idiocy has voted for Gazza.

Far more depressing is the omission of Burns. 

Gascoigne should never have been nominated in the first place for all sorts of reasons and whoever suggested it needs to take a good look at themselves for thinking it was a good idea in the first place.

Not to decry Tommy Burns at all, as a footballer, manager and a man but I can't see how he would be anywhere near inclusion.   A good solid career as a player with Celtic and Kilmarnock and a mixed one as a manager isn't worthy of inclusion into the HoF in my book.    A legend as far as Celtic and Kilmarnock are concerned, fair enough, and by all accounts one of the good guys but I could think of loads of people more deserving of inclusion.

Vinnie Jones is outraged

https://talksport.com/football/432275/vinnie-jones-absolutely-outraged-paul-gascoigne-scottish-hall-of-fame-mental-health/

I haven;t read it all but two points

1. Gazza's issues were there way before football, probably around the time he bashed his wife around

2. He's not on the road to recovery, a relative of mine met him last weekend in a pub, he was drinking away with other punters in the pub

Guest faircity

Common sense prevails. 

He's a disgrace of a human being, despite the fact I met him twice, on both occasions he bought a beggar a large mocha and a black pudding and tattie scone roll with broon sauce, and that was just for the beggars dug. Great guy, don't judge till you meet, I have so I know. Ahoy me hearties, ohh arrr im awa fur my Glenlivet. 

Edited by faircity

1 hour ago, faircity said:

Common sense prevails. 

He's a disgrace of a human being, despite the fact I met him twice, on both occasions he bought a beggar a large mocha and a black pudding and tattie scone roll with broon sauce, and that was just for the beggars dug. Great guy, don't judge till you meet, I have so I know. Ahoy me hearties, ohh arrr im awa fur my 

Dont drink glenlivet fair city. Its too strong for you boy! Me and larklife will be going out for a dram soon.

Whoever was in charge of this has created a complete fuck up!

We now have petitions for Gazza to get in the hall of Fame and other petitions to have folk removed.

It’s given the huns a cause and a massive stick to try and beat everyone with, unfortunately they appear to have given the stick to a kid to twirl and throw in the air with their attempts to blacken the names of others.

Nobody would have batted an eyelid if Gazza never entered the hall of fame, but by announcing it, then changing their minds they’ve created a circus.

13 minutes ago, sbcmfc said:

Whoever was in charge of this has created a complete fuck up!

We now have petitions for Gazza to get in the hall of Fame and other petitions to have folk removed.

It’s given the huns a cause and a massive stick to try and beat everyone with, unfortunately they appear to have given the stick to a kid to twirl and throw in the air with their attempts to blacken the names of others.

Nobody would have batted an eyelid if Gazza never entered the hall of fame, but by announcing it, then changing their minds they’ve created a circus.

The crazy world that is Scottish football!!  Wheres ma glass.  Any whisky with a cork is a a good one.  As a Scotland fan I didn't like Gascoigne.  But he is the only genius on a football park I could call a genius that I have witnessed in the flesh.  The day he tore Aberdeen apart to win the league was amazing.  And I would say that if he was on the other side as well.  Cooper, Laudrup, di canio et al were superb.  But give Gazza his due as a footballer.  It is easy to condemn folk by message boards.  Andy Gray talking in papers about he is disappointed not getting in.  I have met Andy gray and.....................

1 hour ago, Rolling hIlls said:

The crazy world that is Scottish football!!  Wheres ma glass.  Any whisky with a cork is a a good one.  As a Scotland fan I didn't like Gascoigne.  But he is the only genius on a football park I could call a genius that I have witnessed in the flesh.  The day he tore Aberdeen apart to win the league was amazing.  And I would say that if he was on the other side as well.  Cooper, Laudrup, di canio et al were superb.  But give Gazza his due as a footballer.  It is easy to condemn folk by message boards.  Andy Gray talking in papers about he is disappointed not getting in.  I have met Andy gray and.....................

You saw the good in him, really nice guy, met him at an awards ceremony.....

:lol: