The Mighty Celtic... - Page 231 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

The Mighty Celtic...

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Och Aye said:

Do they still play the Aberdeenshire Cup? 

Yes, however, I believe Aberdeen FC enter their development squad nowadays.

24 minutes ago, Big Ramy 1314 said:

🤣🤣

Similarly, Celtic send their youth team into the Glasgow Cup (with the 'Rangers' youth team winning it two more times than them.) 

Leigh Griffiths has signed a 1 year extension at Celtic.  Was slightly surprised to see that when you take out the anomaly season where he scored 40 goals that he's only averaged 12 goals a season in the others since he's been there.

5 hours ago, Fairbairn said:

Leigh Griffiths has signed a 1 year extension at Celtic.  Was slightly surprised to see that when you take out the anomaly season where he scored 40 goals that he's only averaged 12 goals a season in the others since he's been there.

Great news. He will come good and make alot of pundits eat their words..  Best striker in Scotand when fit... 

1 hour ago, Big Ramy 1314 said:

Great news. He will come good and make alot of pundits eat their words.  Best striker in Scotand when fit... 

What 'words'?

It's a fact that he let himself get overweight and out of shape.

He not only let down Celtic for the ten, but also his country when we really, really could have used a striker at the Euros.

Griffiths coming back and scoring v Livingston, etc. won't change that.

Last season is what he'll be remembered for years from now.

36 minutes ago, Scotty CTA said:

What 'words'?

He not only let down Celtic for the ten, but also his country when we really, really could have used a striker at the Euros.

You really are fucking clueless...  Read my post again ffs !!!!

43 minutes ago, Scotty CTA said:

What 'words'?

Mr fucking " know it all" rabbit again... Blaming Griff for last season, and letting his country down. You really are a piece of work man..

5 minutes ago, Big Ramy 1314 said:

Mr fucking " know it all" rabbit again... Blaming Griff for last season, and letting his country down. You really are a piece of work man..

Who do you blame for the shape he was in and his inability to be trusted to play?

Lennon?

Kennedy?

Both of them?

Or Griffiths himself?

48 minutes ago, dandydunn said:

Who do you blame for the shape he was in and his inability to be trusted to play?

Lennon?

Kennedy?

Both of them?

Or Griffiths himself?

Griff has a history on mental health issues, who knows what went on in his mind, what his relationship with Lennon and Kennedy was. All my post said, was is was a great bit of news, and a healthy and fit Griffiths, is the top striker in Scotland.. Then your man Scotty starts with the "blaming" game. Griff let his country down? Fuck off Scotty, what do you know about mental health, and what exactly was going on at Parkhead... Get the facts before shooting your mouth off.   

1 hour ago, Big Ramy 1314 said:

Griff has a history on mental health issues, who knows what went on in his mind, what his relationship with Lennon and Kennedy was. All my post said, was is was a great bit of news, and a healthy and fit Griffiths, is the top striker in Scotland.. Then your man Scotty starts with the "blaming" game. Griff let his country down? Fuck off Scotty, what do you know about mental health, and what exactly was going on at Parkhead... Get the facts before shooting your mouth off.   

Possibly a bit harsh to say he let his country down, I’ll agree, but, he seems to have been given multiple chances and always seems to throw them away. I’m assuming that what Scotty is alluding to. 

I would think Celtic have offered him the very best of help to get through his personal difficulties, we all know what he can do, this is surely his last chance before he throws away all the talent that he has. 

I personally think a move away from the goldfish bowl of Glasgow or Edinburgh would’ve been the best thing for him, allow him to settle down a bit and do what he does best. 

49 minutes ago, dandydunn said:

Possibly a bit harsh to say he let his country down, I’ll agree, but, he seems to have been given multiple chances and always seems to throw them away. I’m assuming that what Scotty is alluding to. 

I would think Celtic have offered him the very best of help to get through his personal difficulties, we all know what he can do, this is surely his last chance before he throws away all the talent that he has. 

I personally think a move away from the goldfish bowl of Glasgow or Edinburgh would’ve been the best thing for him, allow him to settle down a bit and do what he does best. 

DD, good shout. I still believe in this lad. Maybe new manager, new start. I just hope he takes his chance, as you said, he is on his last line at Celtic...

3 hours ago, Big Ramy 1314 said:

You really are fucking clueless...  Read my post again ffs !!!!

...um... I quoted you in bold.

2 hours ago, Big Ramy 1314 said:

All my post said, was is was a great bit of news, and a healthy and fit Griffiths, is the top striker in Scotland..  

Not true.

You said he would make a lot of pundits eat their words.

I asked what they were saying, and you went off the deep end.

E5NvzlMUUAAiZSt?format=jpg&name=medium

13 minutes ago, Scotty CTA said:

I like a good comeback story.

Always apprehensive seeing Griff about to come on as a sub against us.

So what were some of the pundits saying?

That he was finished?

Done with you.  Why the Scott Brown picc?? 

44 minutes ago, Scotty CTA said:

So what were some of the pundits saying?

That he was finished?

30 minutes ago, Big Ramy 1314 said:

Done with you.  

It wasn't meant to be a difficult question.

30 minutes ago, Big Ramy 1314 said:

Why the Scott Brown picc?? 

You said to look after him.

Just an update to let you see that he's still ticking over nicely.