Scottish player transfers - Page 234 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Scottish player transfers

SkyBlueScot

Barron to Cagliari surprises me. I don't think he's been that great for Aberdeen. There's been small glimpses but nothing more.

58 minutes ago, vanderark14 said:

Barron to Cagliari surprises me. I don't think he's been that great for Aberdeen. There's been small glimpses but nothing more.

I've mainly seen him playing for the Scotland U21s but he's always impressed me. Maybe Cagliari feel they can coach him into the finished article. He certainly has time on his side anyway.

1 hour ago, vanderark14 said:

He’s been one of Aberdeen’s better players this season albeit the bars nae been set very high.

8 hours ago, scotlad said:

I've mainly seen him playing for the Scotland U21s but he's always impressed me. Maybe Cagliari feel they can coach him into the finished article. He certainly has time on his side anyway.

7 hours ago, RDFH64 said:

He’s been one of Aberdeen’s better players this season albeit the bars nae been set very high.

All the best to him if he goes. It will be good for him and scotland

4 hours ago, vanderark14 said:

All the best to him if he goes. It will be good for him and scotland

Very much so. It's much better seeing our young players being linked with moves to good sides abroad, as opposed to just English second tier teams and the OF.

2 hours ago, syecosse said:

Lazio apparently after Josh Doig. 

I saw some quotes suggesting Lazio fancy him as a left sided central defender which would be good for us if successful. We desperately need an understudy to Tierney so that any injury to him doesn't necessitate a complete rework of the team. 

Posted (edited)

Thought it was an odd link at first but didn't realise Igor Tudor is at Lazio now who was involved in bringing Doig to Verona before he went to Marseille

Edited by csinclair

21 hours ago, Scots_Wha_Hae said:

I saw some quotes suggesting Lazio fancy him as a left sided central defender which would be good for us if successful. We desperately need an understudy to Tierney so that any injury to him doesn't necessitate a complete rework of the team. 

That would be great if it could happen. He is definitely the most similar in style potential left sided central defender we have. My concern about that switch would be his strength , from what I've seen of Doig he looks pretty skinny & not particularly strong but I've not seen much of him so not really qualified to judge . 

On 4/23/2024 at 11:48 PM, syecosse said:

Newcastle have apparently already told Jude Smith and Lucas De Bolle they are free to leave in the summer. 

I was reading the Newcastle forum yesterday & they said De Bolle has had a terrible time with injuries & a couple of fans said they thought both him & Jude Smith had potential so where surprised they are being released. 

Most interesting thing I read was how highly rated Charlie McArthur is, one guy who seems to watch the under age groups regularly rates McArthur along with a couple of other players as the clubs best prospects & the ones most likely to make the first team. He only turns 19 this month so it could be exciting for us if next season he is near training with the first team  . He is a central defender also what's not to like😊

Promoted Portsmouth are apparently after Readings Michael Craig, his twin brother is also interesting Championship sides after a successful loan from Tottenham at Doncaster, Portsmouth also bought Tom Mcintyre from Reading in January but he got injured soon after. 

Kieran Tierney says he expects to leave Arsenal this summer and when asked about where he'll go said:

'“I could see myself playing in Spain or Italy. I love La Liga. It’s a great league and I’ve enjoyed this season a lot. I don’t want to be jumping about to loads of different places, though. I want to get used to it and adapt to it so I can kick on.”'

6 hours ago, csinclair said:

Kieran Tierney says he expects to leave Arsenal this summer and when asked about where he'll go said:

'“I could see myself playing in Spain or Italy. I love La Liga. It’s a great league and I’ve enjoyed this season a lot. I don’t want to be jumping about to loads of different places, though. I want to get used to it and adapt to it so I can kick on.”'

Good for him

On 5/4/2024 at 11:38 AM, theabsentee said:

That would be great if it could happen. He is definitely the most similar in style potential left sided central defender we have. My concern about that switch would be his strength , from what I've seen of Doig he looks pretty skinny & not particularly strong but I've not seen much of him so not really qualified to judge . 

Doig is a strong, athletic player, no worries there. 

9 hours ago, mccaughey85 said:

Really hope he goes bologna. They should be given first refusal on all our young players.

agreed, Ferguson needs to be telling him to go there.

Wherever he does go, because he's out of contract it's said the development fee will only be about £500k which is a steal really in this market for a promising young player